psychic experiences | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

psychic experiences

You weirdos need Jesus, and stop meddling in the dark arts
I will keep God Warrior out of this thread, I will keep God Warrior out of this thread, I will keep God Warrior out of this thread

I told Wyote about this yesterday, but I was in casual conversation with someone, showing them a necklace I had made, and he commented that he wanted to fine some dude jewelry. I immediately had a vision of him wearing some malachite or Lapis and I shared this with him, and he messaged me back astonished because just 10 mins before, he had actually googled both of those to look at.

Fun stuff.

Thank you @Skarekrow for a very comprehensive and well written post!

I am someone who has gone through what is termed as "psychosis", and through it, the mental health system has essentially positioned itself as my enemy. There was no help in coming to understand what I was going through and helping me through it, but merely the attempt to suppress it through pathologising the experiences and hence medicating me, with drugs that I found highly distressing (and actually, still find highly distressing, because despite having, to the best of my understanding, completed the process, I was forcefully medicated during the "last stretch" of the process, and now while I am no longer going through it, I must remain on the medications, which of course, to their minds, are the reason I do not have any "symptoms"). When they tell me about psychosis, I am left in bewilderment thinking "that's nothing like what I'm going through", but when I read descriptions where it is described as a "spiritual emergency" I am like... wow, that fits me very well! In order to try and demonstrate that the process is a sickness, they must distort their interpretation of the events to make it sound like that's what it is, and through distorting things they prevent themselves from being able to properly understand what is occurring. It is a sad state of affairs, and one that I very much wish would change, and it gives me hope that there are much healthier approaches in existence, it's just that they have not become the norm, for whatever reason - probably due to pressure from companies creating the medications, as well as (and maybe this is the primary reason) the resistance of the materialist culture we live in from accepting the spiritual aspect of life.

Glad it helped some!
Yes, our society in the west is really focused on popping pills to fix their issues.
Don't get me wrong, they certainly can have positive effects for some and really be life savers for people.
I do think they are overprescribing them, most likely for money like you mentioned.
Medications are not a solution, but a tool, and you need more than one tool to fix something as complex as the human mind and soul imho.
I will find some more articles for you and tag you.
Our society really has no clue how our brain's actually work and how psych meds. effect it...we will probably look back at the use of SSRIs and similar drugs and say it's crazy...or ineffective to say the least...effective at giving you shitty side effects lol.
I'll get back to you...thanks for sharing your experience and perspective!

I don't have what they usually call "psychic experiences", but I and some members of my family have these gut feelings about people. Who are nice, not so nice, who can be trusted. What to invest in for the future. Our family has managed to stay safe from utter poverty, natural calamities or freak accidents. Could also be the effect of prayer, as my mother (IxFJ probably) is a religious woman.

I'm what "real" psychics call "psychically dense", paranormal stuff don't happen around me. Our ancestral home is definitely a haunted house, but none of our family feel anything, and we used to sleep 1-2 nights per year there. Visitors freak out and wouldn't even go there at night. lol.

I've definitely had 2-3 psychic dreams though, maybe more. Hard to talk about them as I'd already given up on the psychic thing. And it seems I went too far for astral travel. Like I'd broken some astral rules there.

Prayer has shown to have physical effects on people and sometimes reality.
I can link you to studies if you like.
Very interesting family dynamic!
Can you go into more depth regarding what you said about your astral traveling experiences?
What kind of rules felt broken? What do you mean when you say you have "given up on the psychic thing?

Reactions: Free and Skarekrow
Meh. All just more proof we are living in a simulation.

Depends on the definition. I wont necessarily dismiss the idea.

I think some people feel a stronger impression from the feeling of correlated knowledge without realizing the bridge that connects.

How easy is it for us to forget the times we were wrong?

I could write a book on all the crazy bullshit I've experienced, and that the people around me have experienced.

Just today I was merely thinking about pizza (massive craving) and a completely free and unsolicited entire pizza ended up in my possession.

I have pizza powers. And other things too.
Not true. You solicited the Universe and payment will be demanded. Somewhere I bet a child went to sleep pizzaless that night.

Somewhere I bet a child went to sleep pizzaless that night.

Good. Children don't need pizza. Neither do I really. I'll go repent my karmic sins now.

Hopefully I enjoy Asian food in my next life as much as I do in this one
In your next life you will get fat eating Asian food but never feel full. Oh wait....

Like people faking a stigmata.

I’m sure there are fakers out there for sure.
As far as stigmata goes, I admit I haven’t read up much on it.
I wouldn’t discount it though....even if it’s not spiritual, perhaps their own belief is enough to alter them physically, like a heavy-duty placebo effect.

@James I hope you are well. :D
And, I'm not sure if this story can be classified as "a psychic" experience or not. Let me know your thoughts...

As I posted earlier, in another thread, today was my first ALA Spring Conference. I usually don't get nervous and jerky giving a speech; however, as was shared in the other post I was a bit this morning. We expected 200 people, but by grace, only 80 attended. So when it was my turn to offer my Americanism report at the podium I breezed right through all of the exciting things my unit has done since August. I even threw in a bit of stand-up comic just to keep things light...here in lies the rub, we had a guest speaker (we shall call him Mike).

Well, Mike is a Seaman, US Navy Staff Seargant. He is a vetran from Dessert Storm, Iraq, Afganistan and what he termed "Golf course clean up". His group had to dig up mines and IED's from the sand. He also worked in the "Burn Pits". This is where groups of service folk put everything in pits dug in the sand, pour jet fuel on and light it. It burns for days and its purpose is so absolutely no thing, including vehicles, are left behind when the US pulls out of a war zone.

He spoke of the new outreach center he and a fellow unit member has started in our area. He also talked about PTSD and Brain Injury. This grabbed my attention, as it is a topic close to my heart.

He was looking around the room speaking to his 'audience' like most speakers do...while I locked eyes onto him, unashamedly, to the point of staring, so I could catch all he said. His topics were very thorough. I felt like one of those bobble-head critters as I was nodding along with what he was saying ...

My table mate's said later that he locked into me and it was as if he was speaking to only me. Many folks noticed I guess, lol. The thought flashed through my mind, so fast mind you, I asked myself "I wonder what personality type you are." I thought it, never said it out loud.

In less than a half of a second Mike smiles and said "I'm an Extrovert, ENFP, can't you tell?" I about died! His smile widened as he excused himself to the other ladies, nodded and said "I'll speak to you after Young Lady" and he continued on with his speech. LOL

Now is that psychic, telepathy, or both? Bazaar to say the least and had many in the room whispering and wondering what that was all about. :D

@James I hope you are well. :D
And, I'm not sure if this story can be classified as "a psychic" experience or not. Let me know your thoughts...

As I posted earlier, in another thread, today was my first ALA Spring Conference. I usually don't get nervous and jerky giving a speech; however, as was shared in the other post I was a bit this morning. We expected 200 people, but by grace, only 80 attended. So when it was my turn to offer my Americanism report at the podium I breezed right through all of the exciting things my unit has done since August. I even threw in a bit of stand-up comic just to keep things light...here in lies the rub, we had a guest speaker (we shall call him Mike).

Well, Mike is a Seaman, US Navy Staff Seargant. He is a vetran from Dessert Storm, Iraq, Afganistan and what he termed "Golf course clean up". His group had to dig up mines and IED's from the sand. He also worked in the "Burn Pits". This is where groups of service folk put everything in pits dug in the sand, pour jet fuel on and light it. It burns for days and its purpose is so absolutely no thing, including vehicles, are left behind when the US pulls out of a war zone.

He spoke of the new outreach center he and a fellow unit member has started in our area. He also talked about PTSD and Brain Injury. This grabbed my attention, as it is a topic close to my heart.

He was looking around the room speaking to his 'audience' like most speakers do...while I locked eyes onto him, unashamedly, to the point of staring, so I could catch all he said. His topics were very thorough. I felt like one of those bobble-head critters as I was nodding along with what he was saying ...

My table mate's said later that he locked into me and it was as if he was speaking to only me. Many folks noticed I guess, lol. The thought flashed through my mind, so fast mind you, I asked myself "I wonder what personality type you are." I thought it, never said it out loud.

In less than a half of a second Mike smiles and said "I'm an Extrovert, ENFP, can't you tell?" I about died! His smile widened as he excused himself to the other ladies, nodded and said "I'll speak to you after Young Lady" and he continued on with his speech. LOL

Now is that psychic, telepathy, or both? Bazaar to say the least and had many in the room whispering and wondering what that was all about. :D

I'm well thank @Sandie33 - I hope you are too.

That sounds like such an "INFJ" experience, there is so much in non verbal communications and 'vibes'. If I am ever in a place and pick up a bad vibe, I just go. I trust my instincts. I think we receive so much information and data it's impossible to "long hand" work through all the details, but somehow our intuition does it in seconds. When we meet other highly intuitive types, the connection can be almost instantaneous, like telepathy.

My guess is you both 'clicked' rapidly and felt the connection, however strange that might have felt. It's astonishing to us, let alone less intuitive types.

I spent a long time being scared by stuff like this, trying to ignore or rationalize it all. I just accept it now. I know that as far as INFJ go, I'm nowhere near as sensitive as some. A friend of mine is a really talented guitarist. I once told him i didn't really enjoy jazz, whereas he likes it. I don't like the 'disharmony' , but for him ? He said to me that underneath the surface, there is a subtle conversation going on between the musicians, and that's what I think happens with people. Especially highly intuitive F types.

I have probably hopelessly mangled what I was trying to say, but it's quite something when it occurs. I worked with an ENFP trainer some years ago. There was no telepathy, but I think we definitely connected instantly. He sounds like an interesting guy, and it sounds like your talk went very well. I thought it would. Humor done right, is a great way to breathe life into any talk or seminar, it sounds like you hit all the right notes. Kudos. :)

I have probably hopelessly mangled what I was trying to say
No, I understood. :D
Thank you @James for your time in replying. I appreciate it. Not to sound harsh, but from the heart...be confident in what you say ;) I for one enlist your insights because I find value in them. <3I thank you again for that.

You are spot on about those intuitive "vibes".
Mike and I spoke briefly after the conference ended. I have an appointment to meet him later in the week at the local coffee house. We agreed that was an uncanny meeting of the minds. He thinks similar to me that the powers that be will put individuals together for a greater purpose :D I'll know more about that purpose after our meeting.

Most of what people call psychic? I never knew about personality types as I was growing up. Having studied the Bible so much, I became attuned with its teachings. Anything I experienced was attributed to the Holy Spirit of God. I did find it strange others were not like me. Sometimes it made me feel like I must be a Prophet. Started teaching a little, getting really involved in church, and memory was great. I knew where to look and for what. Now we have search engines, but I've never seen one do some of the things I have experienced. Reason I felt similar to a Prophet was because I felt more and more at one with God when I was away, which caused me to slowly back away from all the people. Still love them, guess I feel like an oddball of sorts. Thought I was supposed to share what I heard or saw with others, until I felt rejected and made fun of for some reason. I found what I can handle, others cannot handle. I felt more and more like Jesus: filled with love and sorrow. Filled with life...and death. Who am I? What am I to do? It was revealed to me I would feel more and more like a Prophet or like Jesus, as I was filled with the Holy Spirit of God.

When I became aware of my being infj and what that could possibly mean, I felt like a vessel. Wrath is one of my main weaknesses, though it does not show itself very often. Problem is I know what is coming, and sometimes feel as if I called it up to my desires. Then I feel weak for a long time and often get sick. I mostly keep my vessel clean. I need to rest and pray. Prayer is the time I communicate with the Spirit, and ask questions, and ask for things to help my understanding.

I am saying all this to possibly help any others out there going through this. The more we learn and know about something(s), the more is revealed to us.