Prove or Disprove me of being an INFJ | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Prove or Disprove me of being an INFJ

And I reckon you don't know how I score at Ti/Te.
I also score pretty high on Si, in case this may sound interesting to you.

Well then maybe you should tell us how you rate in each of them cause so far you've only mentioned the order of Ne/Ni Fi/Fe.

It would help to see how you believe you use them too.

INTPs frequently make such statements as well. I don't know whether you identify yourself as one or not, I'm just guessing.

No.

But since when politeness have become an indicator of non-NT?

You aren't pay for your advice. I think it's better to thank for whatever. If I take something free and still need to kick the giver's ass, that makes no sense at all.

It's not about politeness nor is it a negative thing, just an observation that INFs are quick to apologise before it's required while INPs are more likely to wait until after it's required. It's about not wanting to offend.

emotional =/= F.

Indeed.

Kuroe: So, why do you want to determine your type? Do you think it will provide some insight into yourself, are you just curious, or have you been enamoured by the system/theory?

Anyway, you probably shouldn't attempt to read the first 9 chapters of Psychological Types if determining your type is all that you're looking for. Those chapters are for understanding how Jung derived and used his type theory (Jung was once asked if someone was a thinking type and he remarked that he hadn't thought about it) :)
Well I'm curious. If I can put the others into these 16 boxes, then it makes simply no sense that I cannot do it to myself. I reckon I don't quite understand myself quite well. So the secondary goal is maybe to understand myself a bit more. I mean, I'm damn sure who and what I am, but I wonder why I would act in certain ways different with the others. For so many years I find it difficult to bland in with the others.

Well then maybe you should tell us how you rate in each of them cause so far you've only mentioned the order of Ne/Ni Fi/Fe.

It would help to see how you believe you use them too.

My bad.

Actually I don't understand the functions totally. Especially Fi, Ni and Si. Maybe before I make a list I should clarify and check with you guys that whether I'm correct on them or not.

As far as I know, Fi to me is about like/dislike. I read a lot about value or whatever but I have difficulty to differentiate the so called "value" and "principle". In my mother tongue these two words are interchangeable so... I mistook Fi as emotion before, but I think it have nothing to do with emotionality now.

When I read Carl Jung's work, he stated that Ni is the essence of things. I relate quite well with this. But when it goes to symbolic and making predictions I don't think myself really understand how these may work in me. My drawing tends to be minimalistic. I have a loving of style similar to cdxk. Is that sort of drawing something similar to symbolic?

My understanding of Si is memory. I hope I'm right on this.

It's not about politeness nor is it a negative thing, just an observation that INFs are quick to apologise before it's required while INPs are more likely to wait until after it's required. It's about not wanting to offend.

I see. Because I saw quite a number of people simply concluding someone is a F because that person will thank for or apologize for something. This sounds amazing and amusing. Good that you're not one of those people.

Well, I don't want to offend people, that's right. More than once people complain about what I write as hard to comprehend. If this is so it's better to apologize in advance, to inform you guys that I know my problem and I'm willing to and doing work to improve it.

Last edited:
If he's (assuming you're a guy, correct me if I'm wrong) scoring high on Ne/Ni and Fe/Fi and he's only 19 then chances of him being a NT are slim to none, F functions are either 3rd or 4th function in NTs and develop later in life.
I didn't have him take the full test, I just wanted to see which of his N and F functions were higher. He didn't score a higher F than T; T wasn't scored.

I'm also considering. This can reconcile the whole thing. But I'm too laid back to be a J, or the definition of J/P need redefinition. My Te is not that obvious too. I do value autonomy, but I'm not a control freak.

Honestly I'm messy and always late. But at the same time I'm stubborn and determined. I also know quite a number of people who with big P but are usually punctual in most circumstances. J/P really needs redefinition.

Well, I'm a very low J. I didn't think my Te was very strong, and i was really confused about whether I was INTJ or INTP. Then I realized that I did have a lot of Te, I just tried not to use it. I usually use Te when I'm tired. That's when i start interpreting everything that people say exactly as it was verbalized without putting any effort into analysis. I also use it when I program. I try not to use it for interpersonal relations because it can offend or annoy people.

Heh, I'm writing this response right now because I accidentally slept through my 8AM class. Don't say Js are always on time.

I didn't have him take the full test, I just wanted to see which of his N and F functions were higher. He didn't score a higher F than T; T wasn't scored.

Well, I'm a very low J. I didn't think my Te was very strong, and i was really confused about whether I was INTJ or INTP. Then I realized that I did have a lot of Te, I just tried not to use it. I usually use Te when I'm tired. That's when i start interpreting everything that people say exactly as it was verbalized without putting any effort into analysis. I also use it when I program. I try not to use it for interpersonal relations because it can offend or annoy people.

Heh, I'm writing this response right now because I accidentally slept through my 8AM class. Don't say Js are always on time.

Ah I should tell you guys earlier. I'm a she. *grin*

I don't really relate too well with Te. I'm not a control freak. I do love to play with linear logical deduction from time to time, as a game or whatever. And I leave my understanding of other's words to my intuition. Over-analysing people's word consumes extra energy, and my intuition is good enough to know what they mean. So I never leave the job to Te.

Actually I am only late to the first lecture or appointment everyday. I have difficulty in waking up and estimating time needed in transportation. That's why I want to know how to teleport. God damn traffic jam!

Kuroe: There's a catch when you use Jung's 8 cognitive processes to determine your type.

Firstly, everyone experiences all 8 processes. That's my impression of what Jung meant, we "use" all 8 processes. A type only forms when we've started to use a particular process selectively, differentiating it from the rest. Along with that dominant process, Jung also observed an auxiliary which serves its aims.

Secondly, using a particular process as your dominant doesn't precluce its opposite (using Ni doesn't mean you can't access Se, for example), in fact, some type researchers have observed that those two processes always work together, and have even suggested that (for dominant Ni types), Se is what they aspire to develop more of in themselves (which is why they admire those types with a highly developed Se).

Last edited:
Kuroe, there's another typeology you might try: Best Fit type. Sometimes you aren't exactly one type or another but you're pretty darn close to one you can be comfortable with. We're not all 100% our type after all - we really can't be, because we use all of the processes in various ways.

I simply used the letters because you said you could manipulate type theory, and I wanted to give the very basic ideas I had.

I think you'll need to "try on" an MBTI type for a while to see if it really fits you. Don't use assumptions as the example, and don't use what you think to be true for people (for example, many "INxJ" types can be messy because they're simply not seeing the mess, because they're in the 'Ni' zone too much. Messiness can be an indicator of type, but it's not the definite).

More or less:
INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP = Fi Ne Si Te
INTJ = Ni Te Fi Se
INTP = Ti Ne Si Fe

Only you can decide for yourself if something fits for you.

Last edited:
Kuroe: There's a catch when you use Jung's 8 cognitive processes to determine your type.

Firstly, everyone experiences all 8 processes. That's my impression of what Jung meant, we "use" all 8 processes. A type only forms when we've started to use a particular process selectively, differentiating it from the rest. Along with that dominant process, Jung also observed an auxiliary which serves its aims.

Secondly, using a particular process as your dominant doesn't precluce its opposite (using Ni doesn't mean you can't access Se, for example), in fact, some type researchers have observed that those two processes always work together.

Actually I've always wonder would INTJs be more realistic than INTP (although they will never be realistic than any S type people). Ni actually stems from Se. But the theory that my weakest function is the total opposite of my strongest function looks elegent and beautiful. The four function model also sounds plausible as if my auxiliary function is this, then it's opposite won't be as hard to retrive as the inferior function.

Of course this may not be able to apply to the real cases.

Kuroe, there's another typeology you might try: Best Fit type. Sometimes you aren't exactly one type or another but you're pretty darn close to one you can be comfortable with. We're not all 100% our type after all - we really can't be, because we use all of the processes in various ways.

I simply used the letters because you said you could manipulate type theory, and I wanted to give the very basic ideas I had.

I think you'll need to "try on" an MBTI type for a while to see if it really fits you. Don't use assumptions as the example, and don't use what you think to be true for people (for example, many "INxJ" types can be messy because they're simply not seeing the mess, because they're in the 'Ni' zone too much. Messiness can be an indicator of type, but it's not the definite).

More or less:
INFJ = Ni Fe Ti Se
INFP = Fi Ne Si Te
INTJ = Ni Te Fi Se
INTP = Ti Ne Si Fe

Only you can decide for yourself if something fits for you.

Yes I know, but I have to make sure I have my idea on the eight functions right. Although I have a vague idea on what each of them should be.

Last edited:
Kuroe: What do you think will convince you that you've found your right type?
Both the profile and the order of functions accurately describe myself.

In terms of profile I relate well with INTs. But in terms of functions, I have to first clarify what actually each function is.

Actually I don't understand the functions totally. Especially Fi, Ni and Si. Maybe before I make a list I should clarify and check with you guys that whether I'm correct on them or not.

That's what I'm thinking, it's hard to use functions to figure out type unless you have a good impression of what they are then consider how you use them day-to-day.

As far as I know, Fi to me is about like/dislike. I read a lot about value or whatever but I have difficulty to differentiate the so called "value" and "principle". In my mother tongue these two words are interchangeable so... I mistook Fi as emotion before, but I think it have nothing to do with emotionality now.

Yup not about emotionality. Fi is about inner values but it's more than that.

Take for example a situation where someone else is upset, a person who uses Fi will look towards themselves and decide how they would feel if they were in their shoes, they'd consider their own personal values and decide what is right. A person with Fe will look externally at others and want what is best for the majority around them, they'd use more community based values, what is best for the group. Fi feels for self, Fe feels for others.

When I read Carl Jung's work, he stated that Ni is the essence of things. I relate quite well with this. But when it goes to symbolic and making predictions I don't think myself really understand how these may work in me. My drawing tends to be minimalistic.

There's a page here that you can jump on for 'Contrasting Ni and Ne', specifically in INFP v INFJ but regardless it gives an idea. Basically Ne is about noticing patterns and potential that leads to further patterns and potential and so on. Ni is about knowing what will happen and yes, the symbolic part as well, Ni doesn't necessarily know why, it just is.

I have a loving of style similar to cdxk. Is that sort of drawing something similar to symbolic?

Dunno about that, maybe it's about the irony/sarcasm? I'm not a Ni user :wink:

My understanding of Si is memory. I hope I'm right on this.

Memory is a big part of Si, it's about recall and comparing historical things with current things, it's noticing if something has changed in what was previously there. Se on the other hand is in the moment, it's noticing things in the moment.

Well, I don't want to offend people, that's right. More than once people complain about what I write as hard to comprehend. If this is so it's better to apologize in advance, to inform you guys that I know my problem and I'm willing to and doing work to improve it.

Why don't you want to offend others, what's your motivation not to?

Last edited:
Yup not about emotionality. Fi is about inner values but it's more than that.

Take for example a situation where someone else is upset, a person who uses Fi will look towards themselves and decide how they would feel if they were in their shoes, they'd consider their own personal values and decide what is right. A person with Fe will look externally at others and want what is best for the majority around them, they'd use more community based values, what is best for the group. Fi feels for self, Fe feels for others.

Weird. Then I don't relate with Fi much with this. When someone feel bad I know hugging or patting can make them feel better. Partly because I would feel better if someone do that when I'm upset? I sort of think that it's good so simply apply the same act to the others. But it's sort of, someone cries, I'll pat, but mostly I'm confused why they are upset. I sort of understand, but don't get it.

There's a page here that you can jump on for 'Contrasting Ni and Ne', specifically in INFP v INFJ but regardless it gives an idea. Basically Ne is about noticing patterns and potential that leads to further patterns and potential and so on. Ni is about knowing what will happen and yes, the symbolic part as well, Ni doesn't necessarily know why, it just is.

I read it before. Umm a bit tilted to Ne I think.

Memory is a big part of Si, it's about recall and comparing historical things with current things, it's noticing if something has changed in what was previously there. Se on the other hand is in the moment, it's noticing things in the moment.

Then I was pretty close in the guess.

Why don't you want to offend others, what's your motivation not to?

Er, well the person don't deserve to be offended I believe. Also the consequences won't be enjoyable. It's a complete stranger and why the hell I should try to offend him / her? I may offend people without knowing, but if I know what I'm gonna to say will offend people, I'll try to pause a little bit to think whether to speak it out or not. Unfortunately internet is the only place where I can edit my words so I can reduce my offence to the minimal. I always realize that I offended someone right after I say something. This is disastrous. =(

Last edited:
Kuroe: Good luck with your quest, have fun :)

Here's a quote for you:
Every individual is the exception to the rule. Hence one can never give a description of a type, no matter how complete, that would apply to more than one individual, despite the fact that in some ways it aptly characterizes thousands of others. Conformity is one side of a man, uniqueness the other. Classification does not explain the individual psyche. (Carl Jung)

Kuroe: Good luck with your quest, have fun :)

Here's a quote for you:
Yes I understand but -

Argh.

I know I shouldn't define myself by just four letters, but it's pretty weird I just want to find out which is the closest and I believe there is one.

*head-desk*

Weird. Then I don't relate with Fi much with this. When someone feel bad I know hugging or patting can make them feel better. Partly because I would feel better if someone do that when I'm upset? I sort of think that it's good so simply apply the same act to the others. But it's sort of, someone cries, I'll pat, but mostly I'm confused why they are upset. I sort of understand, but don't get it.

Alrighty then, based on the fact that you're a chick so your feeling side is probably better developed than your male counterparts because of society pressure and the functions you claim to identify with; Fe, Ne, Ti and Si, then saying that you're INTP isn't so crazy.

After all, you know you best.

I don't think you are an "F"... I think you are a "T". This is because, you came out with this declaration of 'prove or disprove'. It was a very T (logical) thing to say, and it had a very 'throwing out the gauntlet' feel to it--not the touchy-feelyness of what an INFJ would say... an INFJ would probably not start a thread in that manner out of consideration for the other people's feelings. Hard to describe why, but there it is. It doesn't sound like something an INFJ would say. If you were really an INFJ, you would have phrased it more neutrally, in the form of a question, like 'Do you think I'm an INFJ'? And then you would have gone into a long-winded explanation of why you think you are an INFJ (and/or why you might not be one). Your explanation was pretty short, and you also asked people to ask you questions which you would answer... which also seems like a logical approach rather than a feeling one.

You also said 'please come to your conclusion and explain'. Again, the way you phrased it sounds like a T.

Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Tests

I scored all INTP, INFP, INTJ and INFJ throughout all of my lifetime.

Those tests can vary depending on your mood. I have tested as a few different types also, but when I read the profiles, the INFJ is the only one that really sounds like me. The best thing to do is to read the type profiles for INTP, INFP, INTJ, and INFJ, and figure out which one sounds most like you.

And, remember that, no matter what, it's just a test! These tests were created by humans.... in reality labels are just that, labels. You are who you are, regardless.

Last edited:
Alrighty then, based on the fact that you're a chick so your feeling side is probably better developed than your male counterparts because of society pressure and the functions you claim to identify with; Fe, Ne, Ti and Si, then saying that you're INTP isn't so crazy.

After all, you know you best.

Good to know that it's not crazy.

I don't think you are an "F"... I think you are a "T". This is because, you came out with this declaration of 'prove or disprove'. It was a very T (logical) thing to say, and it had a very 'throwing out the gauntlet' feel to it--not the touchy-feelyness of what an INFJ would say... an INFJ would probably not start a thread in that manner out of consideration for the other people's feelings. Hard to describe why, but there it is. It doesn't sound like something an INFJ would say. If you were really an INFJ, you would have phrased it more neutrally, in the form of a question, like 'Do you think I'm an INFJ'? And then you would have gone into a long-winded explanation of why you think you are an INFJ (and/or why you might not be one). Your explanation was pretty short, and you also asked people to ask you questions which you would answer... which also seems like a logical approach rather than a feeling one.

You also said 'please come to your conclusion and explain'. Again, the way you phrased it sounds like a T.

Those tests can vary depending on your mood. I have tested as a few different types also, but when I read the profiles, the INFJ is the only one that really sounds like me. The best thing to do is to read the type profiles for INTP, INFP, INTJ, and INFJ, and figure out which one sounds most like you.

And, remember that, no matter what, it's just a test! These tests were created by humans.... in reality labels are just that, labels. You are who you are, regardless.

I've never thought that this style of writing may offend your feelings. Anyway if I really offended I apologize. I hope I have more control on my speech.

I know it's just a test. But the profiles aren't too off as well, although honestly the INTs one are more close to myself IMO.

*phew* seems like I'm not deciding based that list of famous INTs. It's a really dangerous thing because I really like those famous icons listed.

*Nod.* Except, I'd say the INFJ probably wouldn't explain why they think they're an INFJ (that's more Fi). The INFJ would more than likely ask others why they think they're an INFJ (after someone else points it out to them), but then they'd listen to the feedback and not argue with why/why not they are/aren't. They'd just take it in (more Fe):

Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INFJ

I've changed my mind the more I've been reading, Kuroe, and I'm sticking with my first diagnosis: INxP. With a strong dose of Fe. Whether that means you're INTP or INFP is up to you. Again, don't get hung up on "INFPs must act like this" because that's a false assumption. Statistically sure, more xxxx's will act a certain way, but we're all human. We're not all going to fit in a box.

Last edited:
I've changed my mind the more I've been reading, Kuroe, and I'm sticking with my first diagnosis: INxP. With a strong dose of Fe. Whether that means you're INTP or INFP is up to you. Again, don't get hung up on "INFPs must act like this" because that's a false assumption. Statistically sure, more xxxx's will act a certain way, but we're all human. We're not all going to fit in a box.

Wait a minute when did I say I have a good does of Fe? My worst functions are Fe and Se.