Prove or Disprove me of being an INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Prove or Disprove me of being an INFJ

Heh, disrespecting?

I find threads like this annoying, I understand people may not want to bias opinions but giving no info and telling others to somehow ask the right questions so that we might be able to type them when they already have a base to work from bugs me. INFP is what I think he is. I'm not going to put effort into explaining why so long as he's making a game out of it. Sorry if you find that disrespectful but like I said INFP is my serious opinion so disrespect is not meant.
Sorry It was a joke.... :(

:D all good, I'm touchy about offending NFs atm is all.

Actually this is another "type me" thread. But I want it to be in a more creative way, so -

Please throw me questions and let me answer. After that please come to your conclusion that whether I'm one of you or not and explain. (I heard no explanation about my type in other forums and that irritates me greatly.)

Actually I have nail down to two possibilities only but I need confirmation as I want to eliminate the possibility that I choose that type because simply I think that it's cool.

So yea, let's start.

Thanks you guys in advance.

Are you a stubborn person?

Do have random intuitions about people that turn out to be right?

Does the idea of poetic justice appeal to you?

Do you have a hard time dealing with conflict?

Are you a sensitive person, How so?

Do people have a hard time understanding you?
:m105:

BANG!

How about instead of looking at the f/t j/p in finding your type you can look at: Ni/Ne Te/Ti Si/Se This has really helped me establish my certainty in my type.

For instance an infj has:

Ni-Fe-Ti-Se in that order

Intj= Ni-Te-Fi-Se

Intp= Ti-Ne-Si-Fe

Infp= Fi-Ne-Si-Te

As you can see Infp and Intp both don't have a dominant Ni; and intj and infj don't have a dominate Ne. If you can decipher which one of these you have Ni or Ne you can find out whether your J or P. (Or you can use Se or Si) And narrow it down to 2 possibilities. After that try and decipher whether you are Fi or Fe to find your cognitive function.

Also look at the order of these functions. Inf/tj is the least attached to their environment (hence our clumsiness complaints) Intp is the least attached to their emotions. Also Ne has to sort through many possibilities in order to come to a conclusion. Ni dominants report things just "coming' to them and not understanding how they arrived their in the first place. Fi show their happiness and Fe shows their appreciation; hence infj famous more cold outside/cuddly inside ,and infp cuddly in and out.

Me too. I just kind of let go of it after analying it too much. I suspect that many kids are NF if they don't have a father to detach them from their mothers. I've read many articles mentioning this.

Freud seems to be an INTJ because of his revolutionary theories and his stubbornness.
From reading Carl Jung he definantly looks at things as a whole (Ti) and by traveling finding comman archtypes in every culture (Ne) he is definantly an INTP.

My best guess would be to talk to a INTP who understands this theory. They are normally very good at analyzing.

I think I might be an ENTJ? Who0 slacks off to be an ENTP. When comfortable around people becomes ENFP and when hurt or outcasted INFJ <-- very negative INFJ (somes time INTJ pondering the purpose of living).

I spotted the Ni in Freud right at the moment I heard about his theories.

Well I understand the theory, and I can type naturally anyone, but just except myself.

Heh, disrespecting?

I find threads like this annoying, I understand people may not want to bias opinions but giving no info and telling others to somehow ask the right questions so that we might be able to type them when they already have a base to work from bugs me. INFP is what I think he is. I'm not going to put effort into explaining why so long as he's making a game out of it. Sorry if you find that disrespectful but like I said INFP is my serious opinion so disrespect is not meant.

Sorry for irritating you then. Because in lots of type threads, even if the OP gives out info, end up the people will have to ask other questions to figure out the type anyway. So I think it's better to let the people here to ask whatever they want, so what I typed will not be wasted, also they don't need to waste time to digest useless info for them.

If you sorta like, hate being requested to ask question but want information laying there for you to analyse, then please read what I replied.

1. Are you a stubborn person?

2. Do have random intuitions about people that turn out to be right?

3. Does the idea of poetic justice appeal to you?

4. Do you have a hard time dealing with conflict?

5. Are you a sensitive person, How so?

6. Do people have a hard time understanding you?

BANG!

1. Sort of.
2. Most of the time.
3. What is poetic justice? (Serious, I really don't know what's it.)
4. What kind of conflict? I always engage in debate so I think I'm quite thick on this.
5. Sometimes. If it's my close friends I may be quite sensitive to how they are doing but... really occasionally.
6. Close friends don't have such difficulty.

How about instead of looking at the f/t j/p in finding your type you can look at: Ni/Ne Te/Ti Si/Se This has really helped me establish my certainty in my type.

Yea, sorry about that, but the problem is I'm very familiar with the whole theory concept, but the only individual I cannot place theory on is myself... Sorry for wasting your effort in typing this post. I guess I should write more in OP next time.

I'd say I'm rather confused of which functions do I have. I know how are the functions but I just have difficulty relating myself to them.

Last edited:
Why, I'd take blank paper and colour pencils which is not in your list, because I can write / draw whatever in my mind. I will get bored with a book even if it's my favourite.

But if something in your list... a box of matches? I can have nearly other things with matches. I can distill water from the sea water. =D

Okie dokes, this is just my opinion here, based on how you responded to my question and the other questions. Again, take it all with a grain of salt...

I'd say "P" because you don't want any walls or boxes or frustrations to define or confine you.

I'd say "N" because well, it feels like you have a fairly decent grasp of intuition and intuitive abilities.

I say "F" because you responded personally to some of the information, and some of the information felt personal to you.

So really, that just leaves I or E for me. NFP is what I'm seeing; whether or not you're an introvert or extravert really depends on you.

That's the simple way of putting it.

To use type theory, well...I'd say ask our resident experts. :D

Separately the i n f p sounds about right.

But the whole EXPLAIN NOW and the boldfacedness and agression seems a bit too dominant for an infp. Not to say that infps aren't capable of such things. I am friends with many infps and know this.

Okie dokes, this is just my opinion here, based on how you responded to my question and the other questions. Again, take it all with a grain of salt...

I'd say "P" because you don't want any walls or boxes or frustrations to define or confine you.

I'd say "N" because well, it feels like you have a fairly decent grasp of intuition and intuitive abilities.

I say "F" because you responded personally to some of the information, and some of the information felt personal to you.

So really, that just leaves I or E for me. NFP is what I'm seeing; whether or not you're an introvert or extravert really depends on you.

That's the simple way of putting it.

To use type theory, well...I'd say ask our resident experts. :D

I'm just a bit surprised on how you derive the letter "F". I don't expect what I write here to be anything too personal. You asked so I answered. Umm I'll think about it.

Separately the i n f p sounds about right.

But the whole EXPLAIN NOW and the boldfacedness and agression seems a bit too dominant for an infp. Not to say that infps aren't capable of such things. I am friends with many infps and know this.

I do have INFP friends and I'd say I'm very different with them. Among the results I have from tests, INFP come off as the most unlikely type. I can just relate with part of Fi, and just a little in the profile. But I think maybe someone can reconcile these. In terms of letters INFPs seems fit I agree, but if I consider the dymanics of processing functions, I'd say my Ne is not feeding Fi.

*shrug* But may be I'm wrong. I'll re-consider if needed.

Last edited:
I think it is cool that your MBTI is a mystery. Honestly though, other people aren't going to be able to figure it out for you unless we were to live in the same room AND you told everything you thought to the person. On the internet, people selectively present themselves without intending to (or with intending to).

My advice is to get a book on the functions of type and learn to recognize them in yourself. It is an insanely difficult process of introspection (or it can be), but you get to learn about yourself and eventually you'll be able to recognize which functions you use the most and which you haven't developed as much.

It is also possible that you really just don't fit into a single MBTI box because you have developed multiple functions to the same degree. Also, if you're under the age of say your mid 20s, your personality might still be forming. I know that it is really difficult to type some young people (like 16 year olds).

I think it is cool that your MBTI is a mystery. Honestly though, other people aren't going to be able to figure it out for you unless we were to live in the same room AND you told everything you thought to the person. On the internet, people selectively present themselves without intending to (or with intending to).

My advice is to get a book on the functions of type and learn to recognize them in yourself. It is an insanely difficult process of introspection (or it can be), but you get to learn about yourself and eventually you'll be able to recognize which functions you use the most and which you haven't developed as much.

It is also possible that you really just don't fit into a single MBTI box because you have developed multiple functions to the same degree. Also, if you're under the age of say your mid 20s, your personality might still be forming. I know that it is really difficult to type some young people (like 16 year olds).

This makes sense. I'm 19. And introspection is like extremely hard to me.

Maybe I should re-read Jung's book. I've got several MBTI books from the library but IMO they aren't writing anything deep enough for me to indulge with.

Or I should nudge my friends to read about MBTI.

Hi, Kuroe.
What are the titles of the books you got from your library and have you read any other books on personality type?

I reckon they are Fe, Fi, Ne and Ni. =(
It's dangerous because it's quite obvious (and it's also a reason that I gave up doing test. I'm afraid I'll go for the cool ans).
But in case you really need the order:
Ne=Ni > Fi > Fe
(I'm damn sure about my big N.)

There are only two INXX types with more Fi than Fe: INFP and INTJ. There are also only two INXX types with N as their first function: INFJ and INTJ.

The overlap points to INTJ. In the thread linking to the test from which I pulled those function descriptions, many INTJs were pulling high Ne and Ti scores. A very high N and more Fi than Fe points to INTJ.

I immediately thought INTJ

I immediately thought INTJ. Henrick has a point. Someone else said an INTJ wouldn't ask for opinions. But I say an INTJ would to prove themselves more right than the test. The question is very T, thinking, not feeling. I think classic INTJ wanting to be anything else because they read the INTJ profile.

Hi, Kuroe.
What are the titles of the books you got from your library and have you read any other books on personality type?
1. Type Talk
This book is fun to read. The way the writer describe the differences between different types is amusing. But the problem is it won't go anything deeper. The profiles of the 16 types also seems a bit out. By my understanding of certain type some of the descriptions aren't really typical to certain type IMHO.
2. Please Understand Me
I find this book with more accurate profile of the types, although not too much of them. But this book deal with less processing functions than the previous book (although the previous one just superficially introduce the basic concept). Also because the main focus is the four temperaments, if my confusion goes to types in the same temperament then not much help can be offered. But I'd like to know any more books written by the same writer on the whole processing function theory. I guess I should google it. =)

I read Carl Jung's Psychological Types before, but the English is pretty hard for me to understand thoroughly. You know sometimes translated articles and books suck.
There are only two INXX types with more Fi than Fe: INFP and INTJ. There are also only two INXX types with N as their first function: INFJ and INTJ.

The overlap points to INTJ. In the thread linking to the test from which I pulled those function descriptions, many INTJs were pulling high Ne and Ti scores. A very high N and more Fi than Fe points to INTJ.

I'm also considering. This can reconcile the whole thing. But I'm too laid back to be a J, or the definition of J/P need redefinition. My Te is not that obvious too. I do value autonomy, but I'm not a control freak.

Honestly I'm messy and always late. But at the same time I'm stubborn and determined. I also know quite a number of people who with big P but are usually punctual in most circumstances. J/P really needs redefinition.

I immediately thought INTJ. Henrick has a point. Someone else said an INTJ wouldn't ask for opinions. But I say an INTJ would to prove themselves more right than the test. The question is very T, thinking, not feeling. I think classic INTJ wanting to be anything else because they read the INTJ profile.

I don't understand the last statement. Would you please elaborate?

Also there are something about the processing function test I would like to ask the fellow INFJs here who are Ni-dominant.

Which should the ability of putting the suitable word in the right sentence belong to, Ti or Ni? I find it hard to suppress the urge to complete the sentence for the others when they are in search for suitable words. I see this listed in Ti in the test. And I ticked both checkboxes because I always do this.

Also if I tend to get a core, main idea out of a bunch of information, should this be Ti or Ni? I hate recitation so I'll always figure out the "core" rule, have the others derived when needed. Esp. in physics (when I took it in high school) I'd just remember the concepts and derive the equations again in the tests.

I've always been confusing on what function I'm using upon something. I don't come off as predictive, and I'm not sure what does it mean by "symbolic". That's why at the first moment I just chuck Ni away.

Not a English native speaker, so this may affect my understanding of some words you guys know well. And I apologize if my presentation isn't clear enough.

Last edited:

If he's (assuming you're a guy, correct me if I'm wrong) scoring high on Ne/Ni and Fe/Fi and he's only 19 then chances of him being a NT are slim to none, F functions are either 3rd or 4th function in NTs and develop later in life.

Besides a NT wouldn't have apologised as many times as he has in this thread, it just don't happen.

Honestly I'm messy and always late. But at the same time I'm stubborn and determined. I also know quite a number of people who with big P but are usually punctual in most circumstances. J/P really needs redefinition.

Ps can be punctual if they want to be there.

I take it you think you're an INFJ for some reason? Why?

Do you feel as though you don't fit into any type description... cause that's what INFPs usually feel.

Btw, messy, late, stubborn and determined all fit as INFP, very much so.

Not a English native speaker, so this may affect my understanding of some words you guys know well. And I apologize if my presentation isn't clear enough.

Your English is good, the answer is usually Ti and Ni respectively.

Kuroe: So, which language did you read Psychological Types in? (the English version is also a translation), and did you read the whole book?

By the way, which temperament do you identify with?

Last edited:
If he's (assuming you're a guy, correct me if I'm wrong) scoring high on Ne/Ni and Fe/Fi and he's only 19 then chances of him being a NT are slim to none, F functions are either 3rd or 4th function in NTs and develop later in life.
I have to correct you.

And I reckon you don't know how I score at Ti/Te.
I also score pretty high on Si, in case this may sound interesting to you.

Besides a NT wouldn't have apologised as many times as he has in this thread, it just don't happen.

INTPs frequently make such statements as well. I don't know whether you identify yourself as one or not, I'm just guessing.

But since when politeness have become an indicator of non-NT?

You aren't pay for your advice. I think it's better to thank for whatever. If I take something free and still need to kick the giver's ass, that makes no sense at all.

Ps can be punctual if they want to be there.

I take it you think you're an INFJ for some reason? Why?

Do you feel as though you don't fit into any type description... cause that's what INFPs usually feel.

Btw, messy, late, stubborn and determined all fit as INFP, very much so.

I consider myself as something else rather than INFP because I simply cannot relate myself with them. I have thought INFJ because that can reconcile my difference with INFP and my seemingly F elements. But upon close reflection I've figured out being emotional =/= F.

I find myself almost completely fit to the profile of INTs, except I've never really thought myself as anything analytical. I'd say I'm critical, but that judgement comes really quick rather than breaking something down and have pros and cons in every detail. I'd just say something is overall efficient/retarded.

Your English is good, the answer is usually Ti and Ni respectively.

Thanks. At least I know I haven't waste my effort in learning English.

That's curious. I can relate to Ti very very well.

Kuroe: So, which language did you read Psychological Types in? (the English version is also a translation), and did you read the whole book?

By the way, which temperament do you identify with?

English. But the translation is really hard for me. Full of difficult vocabs and that hurt my eyes and brain.
I didn't read the whole book. I skipped the first few part because I reckon those parts have nothing to do with Carl's idea on types. I started from Extro/Intro to the end of the book.

I'd say I identify quite well with NT, and fairly with NF.

Last edited:
Kuroe: Then you've read Jung's descriptions, not his book ;)

Why wouldn't the first 9 chapters have something to do with his types?

Kuroe: Then you've read Jung's descriptions, not his book ;)

Why wouldn't the first 9 chapters have something to do with his types?

That's why I said I have to re-read. Maybe I should go from the beginning to the end this time.

I actually read a few pages in the beginning, but I saw nothing I could relate to MBTI. It's all about other's theories that don't have, or have just very little connection with MBTI. Plus, the English is really hard. So I simply skipped it. I don't have the patience to spend time on something I will never, and not interested to, comprehend.

Last edited:
Kuroe: So, why do you want to determine your type? Do you think it will provide some insight into yourself, are you just curious, or have you been enamoured by the system/theory?

Anyway, you probably shouldn't attempt to read the first 9 chapters of Psychological Types if determining your type is all that you're looking for. Those chapters are for understanding how Jung derived and used his type theory (Jung was once asked if someone was a thinking type and he remarked that he hadn't thought about it) :)

Last edited: