President Barack Obama--> Yay or Nay? | INFJ Forum

President Barack Obama--> Yay or Nay?

pogo_<3

Community Member
Jun 1, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
How do you feel about President Obama?
I myself rooted for him after Hilary was out, so he wasn't my first choice. But when it was Obama/Biden and McCain/Palin, I was soooooooooooooooObama. Do you think he's doing a good job so far?

i like him and all coz his history and cool and good
but like most people i don't know what he has actually done. though i know its alot and he made peace with musims today.
in other words- i like his legend

i like him and all coz his history and cool and good
but like most people i don't know what he has actually done. though i know its alot and he made peace with musims today.
in other words- i like his legend

And hopefully he fixes the education system so that the rest of the world isn't bombarded with messages like this.

And hopefully he fixes the education system so that the rest of the world isn't bombarded with messages like this.

What he said.

Nay. Obviously a reptilian shape shifter. :m162:

But seriously, he's a politician. At their best, they're no good liar thieves. Instead of tumbling head first down a rock cliff, we're now blessed with shrubbery to slow the descent. All the more agonizing if you ask me.

I enjoy his strong push for family values. I like to fantasize he's realized there is not a lot he can do in regard to the economy so now he's trying to demonstrate for America what will really matter in the coming years.

But seriously, he's a politician. At their best, they're no good liar thieves. Instead of tumbling head first down a rock cliff, we're now blessed with shrubbery to slow the descent. All the more agonizing if you ask me.

But, we have to give him a chance. Besides, the way the American political system works, he won't be able to pass anything too radical anyway, because most likely the Senate will reject it or it won't even get through the legislative.

It's not like Britain's system, so we have to sit and wait.

He's doing great. A good portion of the world actually feared the Bush administration. Nobody really fears Obama's, aside from muslim extremists and hicks. It's a transformative administration. He has higher expectations than any president and really Biden has caused more of a ruckus.

A good portion of the world actually feared the Bush administration. Nobody really fears Obama's...

From an IR perspective, that's not good.

He's doing great. A good portion of the world actually feared the Bush administration. Nobody really fears Obama's, aside from muslim extremists and hicks. It's a transformative administration. He has higher expectations than any president and really Biden has caused more of a ruckus.

I agree. I think, that working with the mess Bush left for him, he's doing pretty good. But I can't help but think that Neighboring nations were fearful of the Bush administration for fear of him doing something....silly...

From an IR perspective, that's not good.

They do seem to be beginning to respect the Obama administration, but it's a slow process.

But I can't help but think that Neighboring nations were fearful of the Bush administration for fear of him doing something....silly...

That's exactly what I meant.

Despite the reservations I have had against him in the beginning, I do not think that he is. I have yet to see true signs of that.

He is a politician. They are all pretty much the same. Some are just a little smarter than others.

I was expecting a yes/no poll. I feel so cheated. :(

I'm watching him. I'm not particularly happy with this Don't Ask Don't Tell stuff, but I'm going to be patient. I'm not going to complain just yet. This country is a... not something *I* would try to fix at this point. That sounds horrible, but I'm not particularly optimistic about living here and I don't want to raise any kids I might have here. All in all, I think he's doing a fine job with what he has to work with. And it really hasn't been long enough for me to come to a fair conclusion anyway.

The only thing I can say is that he's the only American president since the 80ies who acted so fast and in accordance to his parties values since the moment he got elected. I don't think anyone who would vote for the Democratic Party could be in some way dissatisfied with Obamas choices up until now. Guantanamo, Stem cell Research, "change"* in interrogation methods, "efforts to cooperate"* with the East and Middle East, major state intervention to prevent the crisis. I can say that up until know he lives up to the Democratic Party's expectations.

I'm not a Democrat, nor an American, but I'd say that at least to his voters, Obama seems just fine for now. Or should I say, Innocent until proven Guilty.

*= disputed facts.

Last edited:
Guilty Politician is redundant.

Ever read "The Last Continent" by terry pratchett? In it there's this country where, as soon as politicians are elected they're arrested and hung. On the basis of "The bastards are always guilty of something".