President Barack Obama--> Yay or Nay? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

President Barack Obama--> Yay or Nay?

The only thing I really agree with Obama about he has completely disappointed on.
He has continued, if not extended, the Bush war doctrine.
And he has continually made light of the issue of cannabis legalization, despite stating before his campaign in no uncertain terms, that he planned to decriminalize it.

Aside from those two issues, I was against prettymuch his entire platform.
For the record, same applied to McCain.
We live in the age of "Republicrats".

I would have loved to see Ron Paul get elected.
It's time for fiscal conservatives, moderates, and libertarians to take back the Republican party from the neoconservative trash thats been running the show for so long.

I pretty much feel the same. I was hopeful that Obama would be a social progressive, but instead he has ridiculed pot legalization, given only a token gesture to ending Don't Ask Don't Tell, and endorsed bailouts that cost more than the war in Iraq.

I was a Ron Paul supporter, not because I always agree with him, but because he is the kind of respectable opposition that is needed to keep the Democrats in check. Also, he's not a hypocrite about "family values". I heard a joke during the campaign that "Ron Paul has touched hundreds of vaginas but still never cheated on his wife" (he's an OB/GYN). Also, even though he does not take medicare as a doctor, he works with poor patients to find alternative ways of paying.

Half of INTPCentral supported him if I recall, and I feel a lot of ISTPs would like him (I'm looking at you, slant).

Half of INTPCentral supported him if I recall.

Really? I would think they would tear him a new one.

Also, you have to understand he does have ALOT going on right now and feels that things are of higher importance then social progressive issues right now (something I am very much for, being as liberal as I am), and he is right in thinking that these need to be put on the back burner for the time being. If however, after things are sorted out that he has placed on high priority, he doesn't adress social, then my inital feeling that he is an extreme manipulator will be confirmed.

Lol, by "him" I meant Ron Paul, sorry for the confusion.

Almost nobody supported Obama, a few McCain supporters (before Pailin)

OH ok, that make much more sense then.

I was gonna say, an INTP actually SUPPORTING obama? They must have been drugged!

Nay his name is a five letter name.
Only four letter names are successful in the office.

I look at it this way:

We could have gone with him, or McCain/Palin.

He entered office at a very insecure time, during which there was left-over conflict put into motion by the Bush administration and the Bush administration only, and furthermore he entered during a worldwide economic crisis (by which he had to try to put one of the world's largest and most diverse countries into a stable situation -- someone with knowledge of how economics work on the national and global scales would be aware that this is by no means an easy task).

Anyone who thought that the conflict would disappear is very, very optimistic. I somewhat doubt that there's anyone who could walk into that office at this time and work miracles -- sure, maybe you could name someone who could do "better," but even that would be optimistic, especially if you're considering social issues, economic problems, world crisis, armed conflict, etc.

As for pulling troops "immediately," I knew before the elections even started that there was realistically no way that was going to happen. Once you get involved, it's very difficult to just quit until the situation is in a somewhat stable state -- difficult, irresponsible, and dangerous. That was one of the issues with Vietnam (to a certain degree; there were also very shady dealings and more incompetence than needed). Quite frankly, the public can wave signs and rant on about peace all they want, but it's a helluva lot more complicated than that. I think 1-2 years would have been a much more realistic goal to begin with, regardless of how much the president "wants" peace and safety of the troops -- there's just so much to go into pulling a large scale operation of that nature, and you have to consider the safety of all parties involved.

And that's just one facet of it. I mean, let's face it; Obama's not so much a crappy president as a president that's in a really crappy situation. I don't think many people could do much better.

Reactions: IndigoSensor
79a4cc76a3af790373fb3c8458a26a21.jpg

Last edited: