Politician statement about so-called "legitimate" rape | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Politician statement about so-called "legitimate" rape

And an insect also has a brain, if not an even more developed one, but how many people stop themselves from swatting at one?

If you're in favor of killing things, be it a chicken, dog or human adult then it's complete hypocrisy to suddenly draw an imaginary line at a fetus.

Oh, sure. I try not to draw imaginary lines or pin things down I can't pin down. If its a person I can't justify killing it. If its not I can't justify controlling someone else's body. Until I know if its a person, I choose to keep my mouth shut and try not to look like a fool, or a hypocrite (I'm both a fool and a hypocrite).

I'm pretty comfortable with those lines when it comes to rape.

This is how I felt when I saw you posted this topic:
243s308.gif

I got me ire up! ;-D

I've been following the articles and his apologies and more importantly, reading all the commentary on these things.
Go to Todd Akins facebook page and read the responses he's getting: https://www.facebook.com/supportakin
I must say, I am loving the republican backlash among his constituents. Wise up fuckers!!!

I find the whole thing fascinating!
Dipshit Todd Akin blows the lid off of how conservative Republicans really feel about women and rape.
It's hypocritical that his party is disowning him right now--They believe and vote for the same thing!
These assholes are planning a convention as we speak and one of the main topics on their agenda is abortion---and banning it across the board even in cases of rape or incest.
Paul Ryan's voting record and beliefs on abortion and rape are just as extreme as Akins! (Though maybe he's suave enough not to make such a gaffe of it!)
Paul Ryan believes a woman should be forced by the Federal government to carry a fetus to term if she is raped and/or the victim of incest.
In fact, Ryan and Akin have worked together on barbaric "PRO-LIFE" legislation. (Which should really be called "anti-choice.")

All those fiscal conservatives out there voting straight Republican better wake the fuck up before they find themselves and the women they love all living in The Republic of Gilead.

It just blows my mind that we can elect officials who are such idiots. This guy is on the science and technology committee. The fucking science and technology committee and he doesn't understand basic reproductive biology.. Which is something everyone in public school learns by 7th grade. At first I thought he should step down and let someone else run but you know what--fuck those Missouri idiots who elected him in the first place. Let them suck on that rotten egg of a candidate. I hope they lose a republican seat because of this schmuck's honesty. What a blessing that would turn out to be.

It's nobody's business if a woman decides to be a mother or not. You know what, scratch that. Let every woman who these tyrants want to refuse choices to drop their kids off on their doorsteps and demand that they raise them and pay for them. Maybe they will change their tune, then. Or how about instead of cutting social programs that go to serve impoverished families, they cut their fucking salaries and quit being a parasite on the people--

This guy is not pro-life. He's pro-controlling-women's bodies. If he and the rest of his lunatic party were truly pro-life, they would work to ensure those babies that are born have a real shot of making it in this country. They would invest in social programs and education if they truly valued life.
Instead, they would devote more tax dollars to funding war and defense.
Get off your high horses and own up to the fact that you are misogynist parasites.

They don't value life: They are breeding a caste of low wage workers and soldiers to die in their wars.
/huff huff huff.

Last edited:
So every time I jerk off I am slaughtering millions of people? Every time a woman has her period she is murdering a person? Because the whole thing is, the aren't people they're a bundle of cells. Until there is a brain there is no person. I am personally against late term abortions, unless its otherwise stated by the doctors that carrying the child to term will kill the mother.

[video=youtube;U0kJHQpvgB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kJHQpvgB8[/video]

Reactions: Cornerstone
It's nobody's business if a woman decides to be a mother or not..

The GOP will never let this issue go. Whenever and where ever they are in power they will promote the strictest controls over women's sexuality that they can.

anyone who ignores this or does not see it is supporting their agenda by default.

Reactions: acd
I was taught through school that a woman's body will work against getting pregnant if she raped. Everyone's body is different so I don't know if that is universal.

I have to ask: where did you go to school? I'm guessing it was western Canada, probably Alberta. That conclusion has absolutely no scientific basis, unless you think that the 12th century was the best century and the Dark Ages were highly scientific. It sounds like one of those Christian theories where you're just supposed to agree because it's another Christian putting it forward, like the idea that bananas are perfectly geared towards people eating therefore God exists, or that there is no homosexuality outside of the human race. The idea of someone actually teaching that in a school is extremely disturbing, and morally wrong.

It's like saying that people can't get aroused during a rape-- they absolutely can. I had a friend who was raped when he was 13, and he actually ejaculated during it... all that it did was make him even more screwed up. People can get turned on by the idea of being infected with AIDS for crying out loud...

So yeah, I guess my point is that I really don't think that human sexuality is geared towards so-called 'pure' acts of love... as much as some groups would like to believe that we all want only to find the heterosexual partner that God intended us to be with, and make love daily in the missionary position with our eyes closed and thinking of Jesus, the fact that we can't always control our sexual impulses/what arouses us is a big part of what makes rape so horrifying.

I can understand being anti-abortion, but spreading ridiculous lies and ignorance, and then teachers hearing those and repeating them really pisses me off. Seriously, it actually sounds like an argument in favor of rape.

I was never taught anything like that, and the only thing that I can think of that can come close is that a high stress event like rape could cause hormone imbalances which could effect ovulation or implantation. I can't think of a scenario that could have any effect on fertilization unless someone wants to explain it to me. I have no clue otherwise what those teachers could be talking about.

I have to ask: where did you go to school? I'm guessing it was western Canada, probably Alberta. That conclusion has absolutely no scientific basis, unless you think that the 12th century was the best century and the Dark Ages were highly scientific. It sounds like one of those Christian theories where you're just supposed to agree because it's another Christian putting it forward, like the idea that bananas are perfectly geared towards people eating therefore God exists, or that there is no homosexuality outside of the human race. The idea of someone actually teaching that in a school is extremely disturbing, and morally wrong.

It's like saying that people can't get aroused during a rape-- they absolutely can. I had a friend who was raped when he was 13, and he actually ejaculated during it... all that it did was make him even more screwed up. People can get turned on by the idea of being infected with AIDS for crying out loud...

So yeah, I guess my point is that I really don't think that human sexuality is geared towards so-called 'pure' acts of love... as much as some groups would like to believe that we all want only to find the heterosexual partner that God intended us to be with, and make love daily in the missionary position with our eyes closed and thinking of Jesus, the fact that we can't always control our sexual impulses/what arouses us is a big part of what makes rape so horrifying.

I can understand being anti-abortion, but spreading ridiculous lies and ignorance, and then teachers hearing those and repeating them really pisses me off. Seriously, it actually sounds like an argument in favor of rape.

You have to ask, but I don't have to answer.

You don't have to teach me about reproduction, rape, pregnancy or anything else for that matter. You also don't have to draw comparisons about being aroused by AIDS or people getting aroused during raps to make your point. I know it happens. I know there's people who get off on amputations if you want another fun example of sexuality that falls outside the norm. I know people who engage in rape fantasies and role play. People like to fuck in all kinds of different ways! What a good time!

You also don't have to make assumptions about my education or whether or not I believe what it is that I said I had been taught. I didn't say anything is "like" anything else, particularly about what people can and can't get turned on by and nothing about "pure" acts of love. You're throwing all of that out their all on your own. Congratulations.

I don't think you can ever argue in favour of rape. Maybe some people think so and try to in order to justify their own beliefs and push their own agenda but I tend to be on the side of a rape is a rape is a rape regardless of what comes out of it - STDs, babies, etc.

Reactions: bamf
You have to ask, but I don't have to answer.
etc.

I'm not lecturing you, I'm responding to the fact that this is something that you were taught in a school, and then adding my own opinions to the thread itself, just like everyone else.

I was never taught anything like that, and the only thing that I can think of that can come close is that a high stress event like rape could cause hormone imbalances which could effect ovulation or implantation. I can't think of a scenario that could have any effect on fertilization unless someone wants to explain it to me. I have no clue otherwise what those teachers could be talking about.

Just for clarification, this is along the lines of what I was told. Miscarriages happen. Hormones go wild. The body does a lot of crazy shit under stress including losing babies. Maybe it's a result of the trauma of rape. Maybe it isn't. Maybe it's a big coincidence.

Christian Life Resources will tell you that assault rape pregnancies are rare. If you read their website they even make an attempt to break down the math for you. What sweethearts. http://www.christianliferesources.com/article/rape-pregnancies-are-rare-461

Then you have doctors in the past who claim that rape victims rarely get pregnant. Here's a nice quote for you:

Willke argues that rape victims rarely get pregnant because of the "physical trauma" that occurs.
"To get and stay pregnant a woman's body must produce a very sophisticated mix of hormones. Hormone production is controlled by a part of the brain that is easily influenced by emotions. There's no greater emotional trauma that can be experienced by a woman than an assault rape. This can radically upset her possibility of ovulation, fertilization, implantation and even nurturing of a pregnancy," Willke wrote.
Willke concludes that a woman's chances of getting pregnant after a rape are reduced by "at least 50 percent and probably more" due to the physical trauma.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/rape-pregnancies-not-rare-ob-gyn-says-80369/

Of course there's not a lot of data.

Then you get studies that say that rapes can result in MORE pregnancies than consensual sex:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-08/rape-results-more-pregnancies-not-less

Reading through these articles and countless others online, they all seem to site the same studies and sources which come up with stats that are hard to measure because so many rapes go unreported. It's hard to say how many rapes result in pregnancy to gain any real data. They can only work with what's been reported.

I don't know if people are more upset about the lack of scientific back up for what this dude said (aside from what pro-lifers have been saying for years and years) or if it's because he's suggesting that some rapes are legitimate and some aren't. In other articles I've read there are suggestions that some women get pregnant and afterwards claim that it was rape. I know people who this has happened to also. So when he says he "mispoke" maybe this is what he was conveying - people engaging in consensual sex and then claiming rape afterwards as justification for an abortion. Unfortunately the way he chose to string his words together it came off as grossly ignorant and misinformed. Now he suffers!

Don't everyone get too excited though.

I can't decide whether or not I am defending him.

Reactions: acd
I'm not lecturing you, I'm responding to the fact that this is something that you were taught in a school, and then adding my own opinions to the thread itself, just like everyone else.
lol okay

So every time I jerk off I am slaughtering millions of people? Every time a woman has her period she is murdering a person? Because the whole thing is, the aren't people they're a bundle of cells. Until there is a brain there is no person. I am personally against late term abortions, unless its otherwise stated by the doctors that carrying the child to term will kill the mother.

Now now, we all know that's not what I mean.

That's my point. I think you are theorizing. And the actual experience of being pregnant, and then the trauma of tying the pregnancy in with such violent and vulnerablility raising assault (rape) is entirely beyond the realm of theorizing. All of these things sound wonderful in theory, but reality is much more messy and unclear. There is no way to understand what a violation it is for someone to be raped because as much as we can theorize those emotions wouldn't grip us unless we went through it. And beyond that, there is no way to comprehend the invasion of one's body through not only rape but the lifelong lasting reminder of rape in the form of pregnancy, and then raising the child or the pain of knowing it's out there somewhere. Abortion isn't a win-win, but people have various needs for various reasons, and I believe we must offer them the support and respect to cope with the aftermath however they wish.

Also, keep in mind some women don't want to be pregnant, ever. Personally, I might like to raise a child but if I do I will be adopting. I don't want to be pregnant and I sure as hell don't want to give birth or have my body permanently affected by pregnancy.

But I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree.

And you are being theorizing as well, you are stating that as a woman is raped, the PUNISHMENT of a child will be too great, and so in order to make the woman feel better they will make a snippet into the fetus and vacuum life's greatest achievement. It does not matter how the mother feels, because there is life inside of her. Sure, call me a misogynist, he-man woman hater, or a republican. It doesn't matter. The blood of that child is on every single persons hand who supports abortion. It is a horrible institution propagated by a racist, sexist eugenist (spelling?) who's only dream is to objectify women all the while pretending to crusade for them.

Well...

I was taught through school that a woman's body will work against getting pregnant if she raped.

So was I. Although, I went to a Christian Brothers school which is basically an uber catholic school, they may have had an agenda.

Consider the source: Christian Life Resources.
They are not a legitimate source. They have an agenda.

The fact is that rape can result in pregnancy.
Whether it is a brutal sexual assault or date rape or sexual coercion--it happens.

Your body does not have a mechanism to shut down reproduction because you are being physically traumatized. Ask any ob/gyn.
If the egg has been released and the sperm enters--Fertilized. Eggs don't just rescind back into your ovaries because you are being brutally raped.

And yes, part of the problem is the term legitimate rape. Many republican lawmakers are out to redefine rape just so that women are unable to get an abortion (and also to decriminalize it.)
(The majority of Planned Parenthoods do not offer abortions; they do ob/gyn check ups and breast and cervical cancer exams and birth control for low income women... Just shows how ignorant and reckless these lawmakers are..)

Akins words signify that he has a mistrust of women and a disdain for their well-being at the expense of a fetus.

The America Akin and most of his party want to push is one that is hostile towards women. Their ideology is hostile towards women.
I encourage you to look into the various legislation that has been proposed recently. Three states have de-funded Planned Parenthood (two of which have been overturned.)
And Georgia, Utah, and Tennessee have sought to criminalize miscarriages. Those are just two examples.

Todd Akins statement is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Reactions: hush
...people getting aroused during raps...

Rap never fails to give me a raging boner.

But seriously is Western Canada known for being stupid or something?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jill Hives
Consider the source: Christian Life Resources.
They are not a legitimate source. They have an agenda.

The fact is that rape can result in pregnancy.
Whether it is a brutal sexual assault or date rape or sexual coercion--it happens.

Your body does not have a mechanism to shut down reproduction because you are being physically traumatized. Ask any ob/gyn.
If the egg has been released and the sperm enters--Fertilized. Eggs don't just rescind back into your ovaries because you are being brutally raped.

And yes, part of the problem is the term legitimate rape. Many republican lawmakers are out to redefine rape just so that women are unable to get an abortion (and also to decriminalize it.)
(The majority of Planned Parenthoods do not offer abortions; they do ob/gyn check ups and breast and cervical cancer exams and birth control for low income women... Just shows how ignorant and reckless these lawmakers are..)

Akins words signify that he has a mistrust of women and a disdain for their well-being at the expense of a fetus.

The America Akin and most of his party want to push is one that is hostile towards women. Their ideology is hostile towards women.
I encourage you to look into the various legislation that has been proposed recently. Three states have de-funded Planned Parenthood (two of which have been overturned.)
And Georgia, Utah, and Tennessee have sought to criminalize miscarriages. Those are just two examples.

Todd Akins statement is just the tip of the iceberg.

Right. I don't even buy that trauma delaying ovulation would even happen at all in a normal, healthy young woman. Maybe a woman in her 30's might have a hormone imbalance to delay ovulation or might not release enough progesterone or whatever the hell hormone is needed for implantation (I forget) but this entire discussion about hormones is a red herring. Rape pregnancies seem rare because chances are you probably won't be raped on a fertile day. The offensive line was "legitimate rape".

I don't expect men to know about my reproductive system. Most men don't know how fertilization, ovulation, and implantation work. So, this man is either incredibly dumb about they way women's bodies work (chances are this is it) or he is incredibly deceitful, and manipulative. I give him the benefit. This man is an older gentleman too. I've encountered men of that generation that still have some very old school ideas about women.

Men in general...IN GENERAL tend to look at us like we are objects, or sometimes animals and not realize it. A self-proclaimed "nice guy" will use seduction (manipulation) tactics to trick a woman into have sex with him because he feels so entitled to sex. I just can't believe someone had the balls to say "legitimate" rape. Lol, its almost laughable, it IS laughable. God help us all.

lol @ the unintended consequences of redefining rape

Last edited:
You don't need to understand experience, for experience is naught to be understood, but only to be experienced. What you need to understand is principle, the battle of life and death, and consequences that such actions can behold. I don't really want to stray too much into this because its off-topic, but I don't think abortion is ever acceptable except for when childbirth will surely kill the mother. Regardless of religious convictions, its playing God, and its anti Humanist/Evolutionist just as much as it is anti Christian.

Wow
Must be hard being you

So was I. Although, I went to a Christian Brothers school which is basically an uber catholic school, they may have had an agenda.

I went to a Catholic high school and a public elementary school and a public university.

Rap never fails to give me a raging boner.

But seriously is Western Canada known for being stupid or something?

Gangsta rap is my favourite. I am consistently aroused.

I have no idea. I did not grow up in Western Canada.