Pet Peeves | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

is it really like that or is that just an unfair stereotype?

I don't know about all of Canada - but when I lived in Vancouver, people were constantly apologizing and excusing themselves, even after doing nothing wrong.

isn't that what managers get paid to do? :p

is it really like that or is that just an unfair stereotype?
it's my fellow care aides, not the management doing it lol

and yes, we canadians are chronically polite by comparison to many other countries

Reactions: rawr
I always get the impression that she would say "excuse me" if I was the one who farted....

One pet peeve I have is adding random vocalizations or "your own interpretation" to the star spangled banner.

people who are inconsistent.
people who don't have high standards of achievement for themselves yet are overly critical, expecting greatness or perfection of everyone else.

Last edited:
One of my big pet peeves right now...when a man shakes your hand. STOP PLEASE!!!! First of all germs, secondly we're not in an office, and thirdly my charm bracelet will almost always attack you without mercy. Plus there is something very freaky about touching palms, especially if sweaty or worse...clammy. Or just plain dirty.

When someone calls me a feminist. Uhhhhhh okay. A more accurate term might be humanist or equalist. You know, since your definition of feminism isn't what mine is, DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT! If what you mean by feminist is that I am proud to be a woman and believe in equal rights...then by all means call me a feminist.

When my lipstick gets all nasty looking.

When starbucks guys smile creepily. This is a real thing. Let me drink my sugary not-really-actually-coffee drink in peace.

When the grocery store people notice me too much and ask me private questions about my life or make comments. None of your business. I can't help that I am in here every day.

Nobody in my house likes to take the last of something. I'm guilty of it too.

Is there such a thing as too considerate? I mean we're the type of people where the respected person/elder gets the head of the table and guests are given the best and first. But it gets absurd because there will be a piece of something and nobody wants to take the last and it goes to waste, because 'somebody else might want it'.

I envy your food life. I wish my brothers didn't eat my take out and all my goodies that only I think are good, such as green tea with coconut water and strange grandma candies. I mean how rude, right? We aren't 12 years old anymore. They're in their twenties and fattttttttttt! I guess we know why too. I actually had to live off of cheerios yesterday because they ate all the food. It's a wonder I'm not super underweight living with these humongous people. Thank god it's only for the summer.

Non-functional buttons.

Being busy enjoying my life and then being drawn into the chatting up process. Even though it is just human nature I find it painful. Really, I just want to enjoy the scenery.

When I say A, and repeatedly say A, and someone hears B and then comes back to me and says "but I thought you meant B" when I have repeatedly stated that it's A, multiple times. Cuz it makes me start doubting what I said, and whether I said A, when I really did say A. I think I may develop a repetition tick. :D

Last edited:
Oh! I have a lot :3

• Goody innocent angel goody never-do-bad two shoes (When they're not)
  • People who think they're shit don't stink >_>
  • Rude people that cut you in line and push you because you know, they're oh so "importante"
  • When people try to control my life and plan it out for me
  • Close mindedness
  • People who only love to talk about themselves when you talk to them and always center the conversation around themselves

Oh! I have a lot :3

• People who only love to talk about themselves when you talk to them and always center the conversation around themselves

Ooooh, that's a good one. Hate this! :D

Rudeness- especially when you hold a door open for someone and they walk through like the queen and don't even thank you as if I stand there all day holding the door as my career. I truly hate that. I used to yell, "You're WELCOME!" Now, I just let it go because I'm a zen master.

It annoys me when having all these weird symptoms and every time when you go to see a doctor ''ohh, take just some painkiller'' or ''it's just depression''. So because I've depression it doesn't mean all the health problems are caused by it. I have read from somewhere that depressed people live 10 years less because doctors always think depression is the main problem for every single symptom. Grrr.

My credit card bill!

My pet peeve is when someone makes a thread about their pet peeves.... Just kidding! Hehehehehe.... Anyways. My pet peeve involves everything under the guise of unnecessary human selfishness. So basically everything Mishyou said except the poop part, my poop smells like flowers!

More specifically the flowers of Hydnora africana!

WARNING: Please be advised the following picture may frighten a lot of people. Please do not think of me negatively because of said picture. It was only to make a point/joke. I am not usually this weird... Okay. Maybe I am but that is besides the point. I am new here, so you guys should be nice to me. :^D You have been warned.

http://images.mudfooted.com/hydnora-africana.jpg

More factoids about the species is at the following link. Just incase... Yeahhhh.-->http://botany.org/Parasitic_Plants/Hydnora_africana.php

When people crack their fingers and it makes a really loud sound.. It makes me squeamish and I get worried they'll break their fingers

Reactions: rawr
I cannot stand women who cannot/do not order themselves ESPECIALLY when the guy is like '-_- what do you want?' HE'S TRYING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO BE INDEPENDENT!! FUCKING TRY! YOU NOT ORDERING, AS A WOMAN, IS OFFENSIVE TO ME!!! GAH!

>:|

I hate it, HATE it when people say, 'Hey how are ya?' And then they don't wait for a reply! They just keep talking! After they asked you a fucking question!!! WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?! Americans -_- Americans who thought it was nice that Mexicans in Mexico say, 'hola, como estas' THING IS! THEY WAIT FOR A FUCKING REPLY!!!!!!! It's an entire god damn conversation! That's why the're so fucking polite! They have genuine concern! Or at least fain concern!!! Don't fucking ask someone a god damn question and then keep talking, that's not a fucking thing!!! 'Sup' means hello, it does not mean tell me your life story, that one I get and do myself. But you cannot ASK a fucking question and then get upset when the person answers! WHO DOES THAT?! FUCK!!!
:m106: