Pet Peeves | Page 19 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

tumblr_lzo69x6Nfx1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Hahaha, exactly! Everything was wet after that. ><" lol

Thank you for the tips! I hope I remember them next time the same thing happens.
You're welcome Flower :)

This doesn't work for cans, unfortunately.

This is one of the reasons I don't drink pop. I always get the fizzy can and it explodes all over me.
There has been some serious discussion pro/con the whole tapping stuff yeah, it seems to work for me personally.

I guess leaving it there for a minute seems to work best.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/scienc...n-stop-a-drink-fizzing-over-when-you-open-it/
https://mentalfloss.com/article/81863/does-tapping-soda-can-really-prevent-it-fizzing-over

Tapping the sides of the can before you open it might help to dislodge the bubbles, so the gas is all at the top of the can and there are fewer nucleation sites. But it’s only partially effective. Leaving the can to stand for a minute works better.Tapping the sides of the can before you open it might help to dislodge the bubbles, so the gas is all at the top of the can and there are fewer nucleation sites. But it’s only partially effective. Leaving the can to stand for a minute works better.

You're welcome Flower :)

There has been some serious discussion pro/con the whole tapping stuff yeah, it seems to work for me personally.

I guess leaving it there for a minute seems to work best.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/scienc...n-stop-a-drink-fizzing-over-when-you-open-it/
https://mentalfloss.com/article/81863/does-tapping-soda-can-really-prevent-it-fizzing-over

Tapping the sides of the can before you open it might help to dislodge the bubbles, so the gas is all at the top of the can and there are fewer nucleation sites. But it’s only partially effective. Leaving the can to stand for a minute works better.Tapping the sides of the can before you open it might help to dislodge the bubbles, so the gas is all at the top of the can and there are fewer nucleation sites. But it’s only partially effective. Leaving the can to stand for a minute works better.

See? Practical advice.

Thank you @dragulagu.

My pet peeves are:

-The smell of cumin/curries/capsaicin
-Sounds that reverberate in small and/or empty rooms
-Being interrupted
-Procrastination in myself and others
-Dunning-Kruger
-Whenever I make any sort of mistake... Heh.
-My limited time and energy holding me back from completing my tasks
-The habit of making mountains out of molehills. Come on... life is too short to get so riled up over some things.

I make sure not to let them bother me too much, though. Mind over matter.

One of my pet peeves is getting interrupted when reading, People, when you see a person with a book in front of their face, that does not mean they want to talk. They are not lonely. Leave them the fuck alone, lol. Few seem to understand the importance of letting people focus on things uninterrupted. It is a part of the Age of Distraction we live in. Everything is instant gratification and attention seeking. It is tiring, being in a land of people who never shut the fuck up.

The above is one of the things that harmed my marriage. After a long day of interrupted activity at work and at home I just wanted to crawl in bed and read. I wanted something to sustain my attention on. My ex didn't respect or like that at all. It was odd. She would hardly talk to me all evening until I pulled out a book to read and then she would not stop talking. I used to give hints that now is not the time without wanting to be rude about it, but at some point I had to become very direct and tell her that I'm reading and we'll talk some other time...that I needed to read. She really didn't understand. When she wanted to talk, she wanted to talk. It felt invasive. It was odd because she was on her phone all the time and tried not to interrupt her. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. Loving independence.

Leaving a single bite of food in a container so that you can either say:

a) I didn’t eat a whooole piece! #portioncontrol

or

b) There’s still food in it so I don’t have to wash it!

Reactions: Daustus and BritNi
Anything on television about dating isn't even real. How can people watch that garbage. I don't just mean it's not real emotions, I also mean it's not how real life works.
Agreed.

Reactions: ZcM4xzkjgzCjytBc