Pet Peeves | Page 20 | INFJ Forum

Pet Peeves

I get peeved when people state the type of others as if it were a fact, especially when it is based on such little information. Also, when people refuse to change their minds about something when more information or better explanations become available to them.

Reactions: sassafras
When someone makes everything a competition.
Example:
Me: I ate a Hershey's chocolate bar today.

Them: oh yeah, that's cool. I ate a chocolate bar that was imported from a company that my dad's friend owns in Switzerland. Like only 0.02% of the world's population has even had the opportunity to try the amazing chocolate that I get all the time.

Another example:
Me: Yeah, I like rock music.

Them: oh yeah, you don't know what rock music is unless you've heard Ishouldhaveneverbeenborn play live. They're like number one on the world's charts. Have you heard of them?

Ugh.
Stop competing over nothing and let people enjoy things without ruining it for them.

Example:

Them: oh yeah, that's cool. I ate a chocolate bar that was imported from a company that my dad's friend owns in Switzerland. Like only 0.02% of the world's population has even had the opportunity to try the amazing chocolate that I get all the time.

Another example:

Them: oh yeah, you don't know what rock music is unless you've heard Ishouldhaveneverbeenborn play live. They're like number one on the world's charts. Have you heard of them?

Ugh.
Stop competing over bullshit and let people enjoy things too.

Rant over.

lol.....Yup!

Example:

Another example:

Ugh.
Stop competing over nothing and let people enjoy things without ruining it for them.

I think I get more bothered than you about this though.

hahaha
jk ;P

I think I get more bothered than you about this though.

hahaha
jk ;P
Lmao.
I almost shook my fist at you for a second. And then I realized you're on a roll today. Haha.
.I love your humor. You is funny.

Example:

Another example:

Ugh.

On a more serious note though, it is annoying when people share a difficult experience or something and it comes across as trying to level the two experiences. Instead of saying something like "wow something similar happened, but I can't imagine how hard it would be it were that bad!" they share something that doesn't come close.

"I am having a really hard time. My mom died."

'Oh, I totally understand. My fish died last week. I haven't slept or have eaten anything.'

On a more serious note though, it is annoying when people share a difficult experience or something and it comes across as trying to level the two experiences. Instead of saying something like "wow something similar happened, but I can't imagine how hard it would be it were that bad!" they share something that doesn't come close.

"I am having a really hard time. My mom died."

'Oh, I totally understand. My fish died last week. I haven't slept or have eaten anything.'
Right?
Note to responder: The counseling track may not be the best option for you. Where's your Fe?

Haha.

Last edited:
When people say “That’s what I’m saying!” or “I know!” in response an observation you make, and then proceed to follow up with their own experience that has nothing to do with what you said and is just an opportunity turn the focus upon themselves.

I get so annoyed when I walk into a door that should have opened.
giphy.gif
The glass would hurt! Guilty of running into and destroying a screen door.

Did this when I was about 6ish. In my defense, my big brother did slam the door in my face as I was running after him and his friends. Due to the stairs I had momentum and could not stop.
#ShreddedPride #NoStitchesInvolved #LotsaBlood

Pet peeve: Loosing a fingernail to getting hand closed in a doorjam.

Distruption while I'm in the bathroom.

I don't wish to be disturbed while I'm showering.

Privacy please?
Egh.