Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13 | Page 13 | INFJ Forum

Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13

I don't know how the article came to the conclusion that white men are such an issue from that graph.

The graph doesn't show race so I looked up some of the shootings, though I didn't have time too look at them all. Kansas City is my hometown and I saw a mass shooting listed for 2015 and I got curious and looked it up and some random others. Apparently the graph isn't using the FBI definition of mass shooting. It redefined it for it's own purpose which I'm assuming now is to show gun violence. All the shootings are sourced and if the shooting didn't have a source that I could find that listed the race I googled the news stories. Not one of the ones I checked were white men. So unless it can display race or something, I don't see how someone could come to the conclusion that white men were a huge problem from the graph alone.

A lot of those appear to be gang related violence. Using this graph to talk about terrorism at all isn't really being 100% genuine.

Agreed.

I'm not sure how the potential prevalence of certain races in regards to shootings in the US is relevant in this thread, anyway.

That seems like a topic for another thread. This is about a rather specific situation, here. You know. Paris.

No graph is needed for people to start race-baiting. I guess white males are the problem, and Paris was just a blip.....

Sadly, Paris was not just a blip (San Bernadino anyone?). White males have their problems with gun violence no doubt as the Planned Parenthood shooter so recently reminded us. But they are not the only problem. The second to last large random mass shooting in the US (in Oregon) I believe the shooter was actually half black. Also the asshole kid in LA who decided to take out a bunch of innocent people was half Malaysian.

Sadly, Paris was not just a blip (San Bernadino anyone?). White males have their problems with gun violence no doubt as the Planned Parenthood shooter so recently reminded us. But they are not the only problem. The second to last large random mass shooting in the US (in Oregon) I believe the shooter was actually half black. Also the asshole kid in LA who decided to take out a bunch of innocent people was half Malaysian.

Hence my sarcasm.

I'm not sure how the potential prevalence of certain races in regards to shootings in the US is relevant in this thread, anyway.

That seems like a topic for another thread. This is about a rather specific situation, here. You know. Paris.

The reason this keeps coming up is that people are dancing around the apparently painful issue of islamofascism and whether or not it is actually a problem. I am making no assertions either way because I find such discussions pretty pointless and generating of a lot of negativity. But the issue itself is an elephant in the corner, with one side saying it doesn't exist so not to talk about it, an the other side saying it certainly exists and we must talk about it and even start lots of wars to deal with it. As a discussion, it usually does not end well.

Okay, well you're welcome then for making your point in a non-sarcastic way.

Given what I have already said, it would be very unlikely if I were to suddenly switch sides and claim Paris is nothing more than a 'blip'. But I suppose my sarcasm can only stretch so far into people's perceptions.

[MENTION=4598]hush[/MENTION] is right. Why are we blaming white males for a bunch of different and domestic crimes in a thread about Islamic Fascists blowing themselves up in the middle of Paris? It's snarky and bitter nonsense. Grow up.

Gawd, [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] the snark vibe is so strong. This discussion has been all over the place, with quotes, graphs, cartoons, jokes, non-jokes. And yep, without going back over every post, I missed which "side" you were on. No need need to be insulting about "people's [read PintoBean's] perceptions."

Gawd, [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] the snark vibe is so strong. This discussion has been all over the place, with quotes, graphs, cartoons, jokes, non-jokes. And yep, without going back over every post, I missed which "side" you were on. No need need to be insulting about "people's [read PintoBean's] perceptions."

It seems as if people literally want me to be insulting, or look something to stress their need to go on the defensive. I never even implied an insult to your perceptions. If you read what I said carefully, you'll notice that I was merely suggesting that my sarcasm was not good enough to be read via text on a forum post and be understood as such. I find it irritating and time-consuming when people don't listen.

It seems as if people literally want me to be insulting, or look something to stress their need to go on the defensive. I never even implied an insult to your perceptions. If you read what I said carefully, you'll notice that I was merely suggesting that my sarcasm was not good enough to be read via text on a forum post and be understood as such. I find it irritating and time-consuming when people don't listen.

I read your post about Paris being a "blip" and was like...

fb8e1e27a360b31ae8103d44894aa4ed.jpg

:m131: :D

Reactions: JJJA
I read your post about Paris being a "blip" and was like...

fb8e1e27a360b31ae8103d44894aa4ed.jpg

:m131: :D

I missed it because I have not been following this discussion, so I am the dope not with it enough to get JJJA's clever sarcasm.

C'est la vie.

Paris? May we?

Mais oui!

They have now, so far, picked up nine terror suspects in Belgium who had ties with the Paris' abominations.

12400571_10153413098876275_1121443203301976458_n.jpg

No hypocrisy here…just keep sticking feet in your mouth I guess.​

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/opinion/saudi-arabia-an-isis-that-has-made-it.html
It is worth reading certain Islamist newspapers to see their reactions to the attacks in Paris. The West is cast as a land of “infidels.” The attacks were the result of the onslaught against Islam. Muslims and Arabs have become the enemies of the secular and the Jews. The Palestinian question is invoked along with the rape of Iraq and the memory of colonial trauma, and packaged into a messianic discourse meant to seduce the masses. Such talk spreads in the social spaces below, while up above, political leaders send their condolences to France and denounce a crime against humanity. This totally schizophrenic situation parallels the West’s denial regarding Saudi Arabia.

12400571_10153413098876275_1121443203301976458_n.jpg

No hypocrisy here…just keep sticking feet in your mouth I guess.​

Some people want to destroy, behead and blow others up with themselves. Some other people want to air what they consider legitimate grievances.

Apples and oranges. Apples and oranges.

Some people want to destroy, behead and blow others up with themselves. Some other people want to air what they consider legitimate grievances.

Exactly. It's clear their objective is something else entirely.

Last edited:

Funny how the majority of terrorist attacks on US soil are done by white dudes.
Facts suck.

So many new terrorist attacks lately and it makes me shiver every time. :m196: Paris, Burkina Faso, Istanbul, Tunisia... Just insane!