Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13 | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Paris Shootings, Explosion & Hostage Crisis 11/13

Why can’t the GOP refer to attacks like these as “right-wing terrorism” and demand their followers denounce violence, just as they’ve demanded President Obama use the phrase “radical Islam” when referring to ISIS/Daesh?
Oh…all the Muslims are coming to get me!!

A White Male Terrorist Shot More People Today Than Refugees Have Since 9/11

Full story - http://usuncut.com/news/white-terrorist/

CU21gseUwAA43ea.png

The graph doesn't have race on it, right? Am I missing it?

Why can’t the GOP refer to attacks like these as “right-wing terrorism” and demand their followers denounce violence, just as they’ve demanded President Obama use the phrase “radical Islam” when referring to ISIS/Daesh?

CU21gseUwAA43ea.png

Why are so many white males discontent? What is making them so prone to violent acts?

Why are so many white males discontent? What is making them so prone to violent acts?

Plus, just on an overview of the calendar…they should maybe reconsider being open on the weekends.

Plus, just on an overview of the calendar…they should maybe reconsider being open on the weekends.

If weekends are shooting time, a number of shooters might be 9-5 mon-fri workers (ie. bored white males). Perhaps more flexible work-from-home programs could even out the incidents across the week; saving on police overtime.

:p

If weekends are shooting time, a number of shooters might be 9-5 mon-fri workers (ie. bored white males). Perhaps more flexible work-from-home programs could even out the incidents across the week; saving on police overtime.

:p

Just trying to get back their staplers.

And here we go folks….

Muslims in Brussels threatened by mysterious group calling itself ‘Christian State’

Full Story - http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/mus...terious-group-calling-itself-christian-state/
Here's my bet on the most probable sources (most likely to least):

1. It's a prank by a young adult.
2. It was done by someone associated with one of the mosques, in order to have security increased.
3. It's just rabble-rousing by some isolated, but somewhat dangerous individual.
4. There is some group that actually calls itself 'Christian State' - most unlikely, because it's a parody of 'Islamic State'.

Here's my bet on the most probable sources (most likely to least):

1. It's a prank by a young adult.
2. It was done by someone associated with one of the mosques, in order to have security increased.
3. It's just rabble-rousing by some isolated, but somewhat dangerous individual.
4. There is some group that actually calls itself 'Christian State' - most unlikely, because it's a parody of 'Islamic State'.

Why wouldn’t you expect extremism to breed extremism to the opposite extreme?
This is how wars are begun.
Why wouldn’t Occam’s razor apply instead of it being your least likely choice of #4?

[video=youtube;gm1xsnNWb48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gm1xsnNWb48[/video]​

CU21gseUwAA43ea.png

I agree, in both cases a spade should be called a spade. Both in the case of radical/terrorist Islam and right wing terrorism and crazy, white autistic, angry, bullied, nihilistic school boy syndrome! Every group and their problem proclivity for violence should be called out and spoken of frankly. Until there can be a candid dialogue about any of these problems on all sides, none will be resolved.

I agree, in both cases a spade should be called a spade. Both in the case of radical/terrorist Islam and right wing terrorism and crazy, white autistic, angry, bullied, nihilistic school boy syndrome! Every group and their problem proclivity for violence should be called out and spoken of frankly. Until there can be a candid dialogue about any of these problems on all sides, none will be resolved.

I agree.
Did you see the push back I got from posting that link?
Very interesting to say that least.

Reactions: PintoBean
There have only been 87 mass shootings since 2000. Only 2.5% of Americans have carry permits, while most likely half of those do not carry. Only three of the 87 mass shootings were stopped by armed citizens; they were the only ones where citizens were armed.

How will anyone find and stop an overnight terrorist? Our country is filled with violence, and the political situation and economy has strained the citizens into despair. Violence grows in the hearts of men.

Reactions: PintoBean
There have only been 87 mass shootings since 2000. Only 2.5% of Americans have carry permits, while most likely half of those do not carry. Only three of the 87 mass shootings were stopped by armed citizens; they were the only ones where citizens were armed.

How will anyone find and stop an overnight terrorist? Our country is filled with violence, and the political situation and economy has strained the citizens into despair. Violence grows in the hearts of men.

Your stats are off...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-is-the-second-today-and-the-355th-this-year/

MassShootings_Fatalities_20150724.png

In 2011, at least 23% of auto collisions involved cell phones; that's 1.3 million crashes. 82% of teens 16 to 17 own cell phones.

No graph is needed for people to start race-baiting. I guess white males are the problem, and Paris was just a blip.....

I don't know how the article came to the conclusion that white men are such an issue from that graph.

The graph doesn't show race so I looked up some of the shootings, though I didn't have time too look at them all. Kansas City is my hometown and I saw a mass shooting listed for 2015 and I got curious and looked it up and some random others. Apparently the graph isn't using the FBI definition of mass shooting. It redefined it for it's own purpose which I'm assuming now is to show gun violence. All the shootings are sourced and if the shooting didn't have a source that I could find that listed the race I googled the news stories. Not one of the ones I checked were white men. So unless it can display race or something, I don't see how someone could come to the conclusion that white men were a huge problem from the graph alone.

A lot of those appear to be gang related violence. Using this graph to talk about terrorism at all isn't really being 100% genuine.

Reactions: Elegant Winter
Gun Violence Archive 2014 Toll of Gun Violence

• Total Number of Incidents 51,770
  • Number of Deaths[SUP]1[/SUP] 12,570
  • Number of Injuries[SUP]1[/SUP] 23,023
  • Number of Children (age 0-11) Killed/Injured[SUP]1[/SUP] 628
  • Number of Teens (age 12-17) Killed/Injured[SUP]1[/SUP] 2,372
  • Mass Shooting[SUP]2[/SUP] 281
  • Officer Involved Incident[SUP]2[/SUP] 3,215
  • Home Invasion[SUP]2[/SUP] 2,607
  • Defensive Use[SUP]2[/SUP] 1,584
  • Accidental Shooting[SUP]2[/SUP] 1,601
Gun violence incidents collected/validated from 1200+ sources daily — source links on each incident report.
1: Actual number of deaths and injuries
2: Number of INCIDENTS reported and verified
Numbers on this table reflect a subset of all information
collected and will not add to 100% of incidents.
www.gunviolencearchive.org www.facebook.com/gunviolencearchive
Data Validated: December 04, 2015

logo-transparent.png

gun-related homicides in the U.S. The figure has been declining gradually over the past two decades. The vast majority of gun deaths are not mass shootings, which account for well under 5 percent of all shooting deaths.http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls
http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

Last edited: