Online Honesty | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Online Honesty

Hmm... I'd say pretty much act the same way I do online and irl, except for the outgoing part. Like Moxie and arbygil, I prefer watching in the sidelines, watching all the fun. :)

To be able to just slip in under a taken name and post some ideas about topics that lots of other people are discussing helps you being honest I think. In real life you can't log out in the middle of a conversation so it's hard to be completely honest all the time... you have to take the consequences in a more direct way.

Reactions: Gaze
I am equally honest whether here or in-person, but I am able to communicate more complete thoughts here than I might be able to in a face-to-face conversation. One might say, therefore, that for me this is a more complete communication.

Who I am on here, and who I am in real life is not much different. I come across far more logical and open online then I do in person. In real life, I seldom speak up unless asked something. I will open my mouth more though if I feel ok around people.

Believe it or not, the social reservation I have in real life, apply on here as well. I won't approach someone until I get a gaduge of what they are like.

Believe it or not, the social reservation I have in real life, apply on here as well. I won't approach someone until I get a gaduge of what they are like.

I do that too!!

I don't particularly care how I can come across online, which I suppose makes me much more open than I normally would be in real life. But my personality and identity are pretty much the same online as offline. I only share myself openly and honestly with my closest friends... and the people I meet on the internet...although sometimes people on the internet know more about me than even my closest friends. Go anonymity.

I don't particularly care how I can come across online, which I suppose makes me much more open than I normally would be in real life. But my personality and identity are pretty much the same online as offline. I only share myself openly and honestly with my closest friends... and the people I meet on the internet...although sometimes people on the internet know more about me than even my closest friends. Go anonymity.

This ^^

Reactions: Gaze and Wyote
+1

RL vs. online: I'm on the fence about the differences between who I am online and off. I've met a handful of people from internet forums and all of them said I was different offline but not huge differences. Just that I appear nicer and sweeter. I don't know if that is just what happens with everyone or just after you get to know me better you might see different sides of me over time. Maybe my online persona gives the impression that I'm a doormat or something. I don't know. I'm not.

I'm considerate of people's feelings online and off. I'm a polite and proper person, but you can't walk all over me either.

I curse more in text than I do with my mouth. I'm probably more introverted than I appear online and I have a lot more to say than what I actually take the time to write. I'm not anymore or less honest online than I am offline. I still have to censor myself to some extent so certain people aren't offended or provoked to mess with me.

Last edited:
I'm pretty honest, given that I don't lie... I want to be honest, and I have to be honest, because I've a habit of making friends with people irl, as a subsequence of meeting them online.

I would say that I am dishonest in a way, relating to a public persona , and succumbing to my ego.

But generally, what you see is what you get, and I'm a proud proponent of such mantra.

I am authentic regardless of where I am. "WYS-WYG". Online may give some the cloak they need to come out of their shell when otherwise they may not.

To many in RL I'm a bitch, to some online I am a bitch. I've found these folks do not like a woman who is sure of herself and yet kind. I've even been told I'm a walking contradiction. I've found that the ones making these comments and kicking up a fuss are manipulators of sorts and since I won't 'follow along' with their agenda I am therefore a bitch...yep :D if standing firm in my honesty, values and convictions makes me a bitch then gimme the hat & shirt, I'll wear it proudly.

How do you think honesty about self, feelings, thoughts, and ideas affect how see yourself as a person in the online world and the way you interact with people irl?
I'm a lot more direct here. Discussion here are easier I think because people have time to digest what you have said and respond to it. IRL discussions like what happen here take place rarely. People either giving up or becoming to upset to respond in a meaningful way.
I am not anything irl I am not here. Though here I am sure it seems I am obsessed politically. I only talk about it here as much as I do because of what I mentioned above.

im more open online than irl.:pensive:

I am authentic regardless of where I am. "WYS-WYG". Online may give some the cloak they need to come out of their shell when otherwise they may not.

To many in RL I'm a bitch, to some online I am a bitch. I've found these folks do not like a woman who is sure of herself and yet kind. I've even been told I'm a walking contradiction. I've found that the ones making these comments and kicking up a fuss are manipulators of sorts and since I won't 'follow along' with their agenda I am therefore a bitch...yep :D if standing firm in my honesty, values and convictions makes me a bitch then gimme the hat & shirt, I'll wear it proudly.

:m015::m035::m032:

aren't you the coolest?!?

*sings i'm a bitch, im a lover, im a child, im a mother, im a sinner, im a saint, i do not feel ashamed*

:m131:

I think I am pretty much the same person online that I am in real life. I am a very sympathetic and empathetic person. Hopefully that comes across on the forum. I share my opinions honestly but it is good to be challenged because it makes me rethink my positions and beliefs on a topic. I realize that sometimes I can be a little naive and idealistic about things.

To many in RL I'm a bitch, to some online I am a bitch.

^^I just cannot see that in you whatsoever.

I've found these folks do not like a woman who is sure of herself and yet kind. I've even been told I'm a walking contradiction. I've found that the ones making these comments and kicking up a fuss are manipulators of sorts and since I won't 'follow along' with their agenda I am therefore a bitch...yep :D if standing firm in my honesty, values and convictions makes me a bitch then gimme the hat & shirt, I'll wear it proudly.
Actually this resonates with me, people don't like you calling them out, and maybe it's even more of an affront coming from a sensitive person.

@Sandie33 says 'I've been told I'm a walking contradiction...
Interesting, huh. I think that I also heard that about INFJ's. Being extremely difficult, if not impossible to know. I've noticed here on-line on this Forum, some people I have had an idea of who they are, and what they're about and then I have started seeing a whole new, different aspect to that person, that I didn't know about or notice before,-and realise that I hadn't properly 'known' them at all....
Maybe your like this but x2 plus, But this just makes you more interesting @Sandie33! In my book atleast.

Actually this resonates with me, people don't like you calling them out, and maybe it's even more of an affront coming from a sensitive person.

@Sandie33 says 'I've been told I'm a walking contradiction...
Interesting, huh. I think that I also heard that about INFJ's. Being extremely difficult, if not impossible to know. I've noticed here on-line on this Forum, some people I have had an idea of who they are, and what they're about and then I have started seeing a whole new, different aspect to that person, that I didn't know about or notice before,-and realise that I hadn't properly 'known' them at all....
Maybe your like this but x2 plus, But this just makes you more interesting @Sandie33! In my book atleast.
Thank you @LittleLissa :) that is a grand complement! I've often reveled in my mystique ;)

You do have a good assessment of me in that no person will ever completely know me, as I do not completely know myself...but am continually learning. I am simple really. By that I mean I live simply, not simple minded as some do assume. I try and let a person be who they are while trying to maintain who I am. Now, mind you when I was younger this wasn't so. I used to be easily led by others' input of who and what I should be. The results of all that led me to peek into the recesses of who I am to know me better. I still have instances of when something is put in front of me I have to ask myself "would I willingly do that in good conscience?", or "should I say this in that way?", to find the answer I have to run it up my values and beliefs...of which I had to identify--name & claim them--accept that I have flaws equal to good traits and begin living from there.

When I 'call a person out' I do so respectfully (often whether I feel they deserve it or not) I don't care for conflict at all and this is why even if a person is being an obstaint ass I still try and remain respectful. After all, they may not be evolved in their sense of self at the same level as I, therefore, I don't hold it against them. And...here's an example of the 'contradiction', I say the above yet discredit the president in other threads for being a Dumbass. The reason I "call him out" as such is my opinion that he has been elected to represent the voice of the people...all of them...not just the selection that back his ideologies and mindset while the rest of us can go fold napkins. LOL. This kind of thing is what confuses people about INFJ's and their mysterious ways of using parables, metaphors, euphemisms, style & flair, "codes" etc. to get our point across. Truth is, we are trying to see WHO is actually paying attention. It's the 'abstract logic'. It can seem daffy, or gamish, however, it's quite an efficient way to flushout the wheat from the chaff. :p

I think I'm more aggressive online. I am a lot softer irl. I always like to say what is on my mind but I go about it differently irl. I will hold back some opinions if the timing is wrong but when I do express them, I take more factors into consideration and try to do it in a way that will not upset anyone. Doesn't always work but I try. Sometimes I do that here but not as much. It all depends on the topic.

But all in all, I am the same.

Last edited: