Oh dear, Egypt is going south. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Oh dear, Egypt is going south.

The Egyptian revolution will change the face of the whole middle east, it's the people's era at last.

The Egyptian revolution will change the face of the whole middle east, it's the people's era at last.

not necessarily,
the only organization in Egypt that's remotely organized enough to govern is the Muslim Brotherhood, and let's face it, they're not super democratic...

It is a good thing! I am so excited for the days to come.

I only wish for a peaceful rebellion, the whole world over.

The time has come for people to stand up for what is right.

Hopefully people all over the world will realize that we don't need a system to control our lives.

We certainly don't need to support these 'leaders'.

Don't trust anyone that wants so much power and control.

Why waste our lives supporting this broken system any longer?

Let's bring an end to the slavery.

Egypt is coming up. Entire Middle East may follow suit.

Very interesting times!

Reactions: Saru Inc
not necessarily,
the only organization in Egypt that's remotely organized enough to govern is the Muslim Brotherhood, and let's face it, they're not super democratic...

How so? The Muslim Brotherhood is a democratic peaceful movement, if that's what the people will choose, so be it.

The Muslim broherhood used to be a rather radical organization with terrorist ties, but from what I hear that hasn't been true in years.

Radical Islam is trying to take over north Africa and the Middle East. Europe and Russia will be next down the road if they ever get organized, which sounds rediculous to me. This has been planned for years. Obama is threatening to withhold a large portion of Egypt's military budget (billion plus dollars annually) if he uses force. You have not seen the Mubarak he needs to be because of Obama, who seems to be aiding the entire process. Don't laugh at how the people are standing up to his military, as you are not seeing the real picture. The thing I see is a bunch of idiots acting like idiots in the streets. edit to exclude the "idiots in the streets" statement and change it to unwise actions by unwise people.

It will not have a positive outcome continuing its present course.

Last edited:
It's always about god damn oil.

Radical Islam is trying to take over north Africa and the Middle East. Europe and Russia will be next down the road if they ever get organized, which sounds rediculous to me. This has been planned for years. Obama is threatening to withhold a large portion of Egypt's military budget (billion plus dollars annually) if he uses force. You have not seen the Mubarak he needs to be because of Obama, who seems to be aiding the entire process. Don't laugh at how the people are standing up to his military, as you are not seeing the real picture. The thing I see is a bunch of idiots acting like idiots in the streets.

Why do so many westerners find it so easy to dehumanize middle-easterners and consider them unworthy of freedom? Disgusting.

Anyhow, the Western politics have only brought wars and dictators to the the Middle-east but I believe this is a renaissance. Tunis started, Egypt will follow and when Egypt is victorious, it will be a new era in all the Middle-east, Israel and the West have the liberty to tremble and squeak their teeth at the idea of a free democratic Middle-east.

Radical Islam is trying to take over north Africa and the Middle East. Europe and Russia will be next down the road if they ever get organized, which sounds rediculous to me. This has been planned for years. Obama is threatening to withhold a large portion of Egypt's military budget (billion plus dollars annually) if he uses force. You have not seen the Mubarak he needs to be because of Obama, who seems to be aiding the entire process. Don't laugh at how the people are standing up to his military, as you are not seeing the real picture. The thing I see is a bunch of idiots acting like idiots in the streets.

Yes, because a government that has been in power for 30 years and still continues to use the Emergency Law to circumnavigate personal rights and democracy is something these "idiots" should be welcoming with open loving arms.

Reactions: acd
This will not end well for real democracies. This is just a sham for the islamic fundamentalists to grab control, whereas before they were semi-checked by a dictator, who will have been considered an enlightened dictator once the people of egypt see whats coming next. Another "march Israel into the sea" faction is on the rise, dont be surprised if the Israelis decide to defend themselves with force. And I would support that.

Everyone wants to predict the future, and speak with authority, but the thing about events such as in Egypt is that they are essentially chaotic. Predicting the future in the best of times is close to impossible for the best prognosticators. For example, the CIA didn't do so well in the last few weeks. But, especially, it's during chaotic times that the future is least predictable.

You are correct, Norton, about predicting the future. What about planning this?

quote"Why do so many westerners find it so easy to dehumanize middle-easterners and consider them unworthy of freedom? Disgusting." unquote They are acting like idiots in the streets. Haven't you watched? I would never dehumanize anyone except maybe Spock.

This will not end well for real democracies. This is just a sham for the islamic fundamentalists to grab control, whereas before they were semi-checked by a dictator, who will have been considered an enlightened dictator once the people of egypt see whats coming next. Another "march Israel into the sea" faction is on the rise, dont be surprised if the Israelis decide to defend themselves with force. And I would support that.

Eye to eye with you Billy. You seem to see things others do not wish to admit.

There is word Hezbollah has broken a couple dozen of their members out of a prison in Egypt and released members of the Muslim Brotherhood to help stir up the mess in the streets. It's obvious to some and others live in denial....or the dark.

Last edited:
You are correct, Norton, about predicting the future. What about planning this?

quote"Why do so many westerners find it so easy to dehumanize middle-easterners and consider them unworthy of freedom? Disgusting." unquote They are acting like idiots in the streets. Haven't you watched? I would never dehumanize anyone except maybe Spock.

I've been following this a little bit... At first, the protesters were peaceful. The Egyptian military vowed not to open fire on them--but to remain neutral because they found the protesters to have legitimate concerns. The military said it would remain neutral so long as the protesters did not protest violently.

It wasn't until a few days ago that things got ugly-- Mubarak supporters came in on horses and camels and began throwing rocks and setting things ablaze after the initial peaceful protesters were unsatisfied with Mubarak saying he will step down in September.. because they wanted him to do it immediately. They did say they wouldn't stop protesting until he stepped down, but it wasn't a violent protest. It didn't start off with the protesters acting like "idiots in the streets."

Reactions: bamf
Even if this is a sham for "radical islam" to grab power, who is to say that it will automatically be violent. People need to stop being so paranoid about Islam, it is peaceful. Anyway, America is easily the most violent of the western countries. We are so scared about Iran but don't think about the fact that parts of country look like they are from the third world. Violent democracy is just as bad as violent Islam. It does not matter the type of government as long as it is socially just and peaceful.

Reactions: muir
I will withdraw my "idiots in the streets" if it will please everyone. The way they are acting is unwise. Forgive me.
[MENTION=564]acd[/MENTION]: I respect your wishes, but what we see is what we are shown.

There was a nineteen year old beaten by LEOs that could have started the show, too. Don't know that to be true or what he was doing if it is.

Scream at someone here and get locked up for verbal assault. Throw a rock at someone and it is assault with intent. I have learned the proper ways to act, even when anger is knocking at my door. Unruly actions in the streets are unacceptable; at least where I come from. We lose rights here.

Fires burning out of control are real problems. Obama has no right to ask Mubarak to step aside. Obama has made enough bad moves(to me) for me to feel the same way about him. Wish I could threaten him with holding back more than a tenth of his military budget if he didn't do what I wanted. Is there enough hatred in America to have this happen here as is in the streets of North Africa and the Middle East? I do not think so. Hatred is not wise, either.

Even if this is a sham for "radical islam" to grab power, who is to say that it will automatically be violent. People need to stop being so paranoid about Islam, it is peaceful. Anyway, America is easily the most violent of the western countries. We are so scared about Iran but don't think about the fact that parts of country look like they are from the third world. Violent democracy is just as bad as violent Islam. It does not matter the type of government as long as it is socially just and peaceful.

Everywhere there is Islam, there is Radical Islam killing people.

Everywhere there is Islam, there is Radical Islam killing people.

Everywhere there's a catholic priest there's a fondled alter boy.

I can play gross generalizations too.

Reactions: Odyne
I will withdraw my "idiots in the streets" if it will please everyone. The way they are acting is unwise. Forgive me.
@acd: I respect your wishes, but what we see is what we are shown.

There was a nineteen year old beaten by LEOs that could have started the show, too. Don't know that to be true or what he was doing if it is.

Scream at someone here and get locked up for verbal assault. Throw a rock at someone and it is assault with intent. I have learned the proper ways to act, even when anger is knocking at my door. Unruly actions in the streets are unacceptable; at least where I come from. We lose rights here.

Fires burning out of control are real problems. Obama has no right to ask Mubarak to step aside. Obama has made enough bad moves(to me) for me to feel the same way about him. Wish I could threaten him with holding back more than a tenth of his military budget if he didn't do what I wanted. Is there enough hatred in America to have this happen here as is in the streets of North Africa and the Middle East? I do not think so. Hatred is not wise, either.

I guess that was the point of the Mubarak supporters--to cause confusion and make the other protesters lose credibility by causing riots.

What makes you think American people wouldn't riot or protest violently given certain circumstances?
Consider the context this is happening in. There's more to it than just what you are being shown.

Easy to cause riots in some places. Easy to point fingers, too. I will try my best to not say "I told you so" when the levee breaks. Been studying this since 1982 and have learned who to listen to and who to avoid for the most part. It becomes difficult to keep my feelings inside, but the internet offers a release valve. Sorry for venting.

I don't mind change; it is the things I see down the road that sometimes cause me sorrow. It is a burden I would not wish to lose, though. Maybe I should stay away from the internet altogether; keep it all inside.

Everywhere there is a fondled alter boy, there is Radical Islam killing people.

Reactions: acd