NOSTALGIA HOUR - Favorite childhood toys | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

NOSTALGIA HOUR - Favorite childhood toys

Don't think I really had a favorite toy. To be honest, toys weren't really totally my thing (desipite loving material things as a child). My favorite thing was to take things that WERE NOT toys, like a coffee maker, and then treating them as a toy, much to my mom's chagrin (this usually ended up in said object breaking, lol). It often got me into trouble.

Here's an example. Me and my cousin (an ESTJ) using my mom's thin collapsable vinyl plastic dress cabinet up in the attic as a "dancing box". We'd unzip the cover, zip each other up in it, dance around in their, stomping all over my moms expensive dresses, and screaming like banchees. We managed to puncture 13 holes all over the thing, along with bending a support bar, and ripping a dress. Not to mention stomping all over my moms poor dresses, most of which had drycleaned and de-wrinkled cause they lied in a heap on the botton of the cabinet inbetween the "stompings" for around 6 months. It took around that long before she came up stairs and caught us in the act of doing. We got in so much trouble.

On a side note, it took me a long ass time to type this out because I kept cracking up while writing it / reminicing back on this. EDIT: this posts has inspired me to begin a recount of my childhood.

Last edited:
Don't think I really had a favorite toy. To be honest, toys weren't really totally my thing (desipite loving material things as a child). My favorite thing was to take things that WERE NOT toys, like a coffee maker, and then treating them as a toy, much to my mom's chagrin (this usually ended up in said object breaking, lol). It often got me into trouble.

Here's an example. Me and my cousin (an ESTJ) using my mom's thin collapsable vinyl plastic dress cabinet up in the attic as a "dancing box". We'd unzip the cover, zip each other up in it, dance around in their, stomping all over my moms expensive dresses, and screaming like banchees. We managed to puncture 13 holes all over the thing, along with bending a support bar, and ripping a dress. Not to mention stomping all over my moms poor dresses, most of which had drycleaed and de-wrinkled cause they lied in a heap on the botton of the cabinet inbetween the "stompings" for around 6 months. It took around that long before she came up stairs and caught us in the act of doing. We got in so much trouble.

On a side note, it took me a long ass time to type this out because I kept cracking up while writing it / reminicing back on this. EDIT: this posts has inspired me to begin a recount of my childhood.

hehe! Great story! I too was quite the menacing child...I had toys that i remember...but for the most part we were always outside! There was a big field in front of our house that we would go play in. build forts, play in the irrigation ditches, get in all kinds of trouble.

cheburashka.jpg

Unfortunately, then it gone somewhere... :m035:

There were maaanyyy Barbies, Lego, various illusionistic toys, musical toys etc.

I found very good place to play in a balcony where are all tools of my dad :m052:

Its back from the dead! YAY!! :m057:

Yes! Keep this thread alive. It's a good one. :)

Speak and Spell
Pound Puppies
He-Man
My sister's barbies
Glo-Worms
Teddy Ruxpin
Simon Says
Puzzles
Thundercats
Transformers
I never did like GI Joe
Sears VTECH Talking Computron

Erector Sets
My grandparents had a bunch of John Deere tractors I played with.

And also a movie that I loved when I was younger (Besides care bears) Batteries not included!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...wDhLS8gdl5WUB6ajzKoP&q=batteries+not+included#

Last edited:
Great stuff NAI...I like all those too, but I had the wiz kid learning computer thingy it was awesome...

You might be on to something, that one on the right looks really familiar!

I have a hard time recalling this stuff.

whizkid_large.jpg

• Legos
  • Apple ][ - programming in assembly and Integer Basic
  • Radio Shack 200-in-1 Electronics Kit
  • Micronauts - Baron Karza, baby!
  • Bicycle - a Raleigh
  • Simon
  • The Stereo
  • Books
  • Box of wires, magnets, switches, bulbs, and the like.

cheers,
Ian

Hot Wheels.
Building model cars, planes, ships.
Erector sets.
Lincoln Logs.
Chemistry set.

Speak and Spell

My sister's barbies
I loved my speak and spell! It never really did improve my spelling though...

I also used to play with my little sister and her barbies a lot.

Oh! and micro machines...

Sega Genesis!! :m102:

segagenesispic.jpg

[YOUTUBE]CqOlpQ7sepE[/YOUTUBE]

Even though I was never very big on video games as a kid, I loved playing this game. This game has to have the best video game music ever, especially for the first part (Green Hill Zone).

I loved my speak and spell! It never really did improve my spelling though...

I also used to play with my little sister and her barbies a lot.

Oh! and micro machines...
my brother used to steal my barbies and lick their boobies...for realz yo!

I LOVED MICRO MACHINES !

Some inflatable doll

I don't quite remember the name.

Had my NES, my Jurassic park velociraptor, and a bunch of books and encyclopedias. All I needed to be happy.

My parents were actually a bit annoyed when they took away the game systems to get me to go outside more, and I started reading. They weren't about to tell me to stop that.

I loved my GloWorm, Pogo Ball, Rainbow Brite, Care Bear and Popple! :D Those were my most favorite toys.

Original-glowworm-photo.jpg
pogo-ball.jpg

!Be65,pQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-EIErfj4eclCBK+NDcOiyw~~_35.JPG

CB09GlownWishBear.jpg

popple.gif

I loved my GloWorm, Pogo Ball, Rainbow Brite, Care Bear and Popple! :D Those were my most favorite toys.

Original-glowworm-photo.jpg
pogo-ball.jpg

%21Be65,pQ%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqQH-EIErfj4eclCBK+NDcOiyw%7E%7E_35.JPG

CB09GlownWishBear.jpg

popple.gif

OMG did we share a room!

I had all these toys too and I LVOED THEm

oh the pogo ball! HOW FUN!!

Reactions: RetardedMonkey