Nightmares waking me up | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Nightmares waking me up

this also happened in my childhood though the direction was reversed, whenever i slept on my left side i actually had the same scary dream that woke me up (involving a witch) so if you've been sleeping in different positions this may have something to do with it too.

I had this as a kid. Found out later that sleeping on your left puts a little more pressure on your heart. As a kid this can cause nightmares.

If in waking hours you could develop a great desire to attack any such fantasy monster - it is possible that you could battle it in your dreams.

lately i blew up an air matress and put it on top of my other bed.

I think this is the best decision you've ever made in your life and I support your endeavours fully.

Jesus you're morbid.

No, I am merely realistic.

I see dreams for what they are, and what more are people than dreams?

I can confirm the existence of nothing, not even myself, but the world behind my eyes is the only real world, and it's windows are kept firml y shut.

If you want to know more about the safeguard, drop me a private line.

It's embarassing and I'm not willing to talk about it publicly.

No, I am merely realistic.

I see dreams for what they are, and what more are people than dreams?

I can confirm the existence of nothing, not even myself, but the world behind my eyes is the only real world, and it's windows are kept firml y shut.

If you want to know more about the safeguard, drop me a private line.

It's embarassing and I'm not willing to talk about it publicly.

Melkor the walls you erect to protect yourself are the very things that you are defending yourself from.

Seriously mate. The day you drop your defenses is the same day they will no longer be needed

I had this as a kid. Found out later that sleeping on your left puts a little more pressure on your heart. As a kid this can cause nightmares

wow didn't know this, and yeah this explains alot. i googled sleeping positions and apparently this can also mess with your lungs and liver whatever age you are. sleeping on your stomach is apparently worse and is yet another position i enjoy, damn.

I think this is the best decision you've ever made in your life and I support your endeavours fully.

so far so good, id recommend it. it makes my bed about 4 ft tall which is great because i can't hear my cell phone loud enough to be woken up anymore when one of my bandmates decides i should be up bc they are. problem is i've missed my alarm clock b4 too.

wow didn't know this, and yeah this explains alot. i googled sleeping positions and apparently this can also mess with your lungs and liver whatever age you are. sleeping on your stomach is apparently worse and is yet another position i enjoy, damn.
but sleeping on your stomach aids digestion, and bad digestion can cause sleep disturbances too
so far so good, id recommend it. it makes my bed about 4 ft tall which is great because i can't hear my cell phone loud enough to be woken up anymore when one of my bandmates decides i should be up bc they are. problem is i've missed my alarm clock b4 too.
Also, it makes it so if you sit up you can lick the ceiling
How the hell do you get into a 4 foot bed, step ladder?

How the hell do you get into a 4 foot bed, step ladder?

when sleeping in a bed 4ft tall you actually worry more about getting down than up, with an emphasis on intention.

Place a pen and notepad next to your bed and write your dreams when you wake up.

Write ten times what they cannot have.

You may tire of writing, but don't stop til the bad dreams you dislike stop.

Also try physical exercise til you tire a bit.

In the past week, including tonight as I tried to go to sleep, I've had 3 nights where I've been woken up by a nightmare that was so scary I couldn't get back to sleep. I can't recall the last time in my life that this has happened, but if it did it'd have to have been my early to mid childhood.

I'll admit, I've been reading HP Lovecraft every night, but the stories are as tame as you'd expect from the 1920's, and I started reading them at least a month ago. I read them because their prose are so laborious it puts me to sleep, but doesn't scare me in the least. Hell half the time I read 3 pages and pass out. So while this might not be helping, it can't be the source.

The first time I was being attacked by Slenderman (well, stalked then grabbed and trying to be pulled towards him, but Chaz was on the other end pulling me back when I woke up). Second time it was classic aliens, like the big heads and big black eyes type, I don't remember much of it though. This time it was some silent-hill/resident evil type monster that even looked all polygon'd like in a 1998 made game. Short human-ish thing with huge clawed arms and all grey and ghoulish looking.

So what causes monster dreams, and why in the past week have I been having so many? Its making working hard since I'm not sleeping well (never did, but now its way worse) and I'm generally fearful and irritated like I have frayed nerves all day after. I really want this to stop but naturally, I need the source...

Any help would be appreciated... I might try sleeping again soon so I may or may not reply much this night.

Hey DoveAlexa

I know how you feel, I used to get really bad nightmares to the point I wouldn't sleep for days.
Eventually It started to take a toll on me to the point I was fainting from exhaustion in my counselor's office.
If its starting to take a toll on your physical health I strongly suggest you go see your doctor.
Lol, even on medication my dreams look like something out of Silent Hill or something that H.R. Giger would paint.

For starters you could try removing yourself from anything that has to do with your nightmares, I also recommend that you don't read or watch anything to do with horror before going to sleep (for obvious reasons), and no I recommend that you don't play Silent hill or Resident Evil before bed.
If you are concerned about sleep positions having any impact on your digestion system I recommend consuming something high in protein which aids digestion such as nuts (good for your brain too) also this might sound retarded but you also want to empty out your bladder too. Sleeping with a full bladder is not the funnest thing in the world.

Taking control over your dreams is hard and it requires you to think through the situation that is at hand in your dream world. It takes allot of practice but you can do it, you need to try to relax when you dream. I've found that when I'm relaxed in my dream state I can rewind events and change them to how I want them to go. Try visualizing the dream before going to sleep. Even if your dream turns out to be completely different you will start to recognize patterns and you will be able to act accordingly to them. Dreaming is a great way to explore your subconscious. I've come across many things that I wouldn't of seen of figured out during my waking state.

Place a pen and notepad next to your bed and write your dreams when you wake up.

Write ten times what they cannot have.

You may tire of writing, but don't stop til the bad dreams you dislike stop.

Also try physical exercise til you tire a bit.
Eh, writing more than a few lines causes me extreme pain.
I haven't had a nightmare in a few days so I think I'm clearing up now. I could have just been sick and stressed, I feel like I have a cold now and work has been terrible. (Only 11 days left though).