Ni and Fe? | INFJ Forum

Ni and Fe?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
What is the secret to using these functions well?

I'm not sure. Both my Ni and Fe are very high but I don't think its something I intend. I guess some people have a natural inclination toward certain functions.

I can't even begin to explain how my Ni works, so I wouldn't be able to divulge.

I also have this question. I've been thinking more about this recently because i have major issues with Fe as well. I think Ni is supposed to work with Fe in tandem but sometimes it's really difficult to know how.

Meditation and hugs!

Hehe.

You know how I am. Fe says, "It is what it is" and my Ti comes around the corner and goes, "Prove it!"

I can relate.
Big time.

My Ti is a menace. But it's kind of helpful, too.

I agree about the Ni, bit, though. My Ni is very powerful, and my best insights come when I am doing nothing at all.

I think of Ni like a shredder, it takes in raw experiences and pulverizes them to bits and then sees how it all works and fits together in my life. Usually very future oriented, i find myself doing one thing then following its course of action and possibilities well into the future sometimes 20, 30 or 40 years. Most of it is conjecture and abstract of course, but it seems real enough to me and it allows me to make a more pointed choice.

I don't think you can really "improve" Ni. The function itself is so loose and esoteric that it is near impossible for even a primary user to work on it. The thing I work on with it is to calm it down and tell it to cork it. If the reigns are let go it will strangle itself. Because Ni itself gives flash insight, you kind of need the same approach in order to get Ni to work better. You work on it by not working on it. A big thing is learning to trust yourself, and let things flow. That is when Ni works at its best.

Reactions: Questingpoet
Flow it a good word. I might not be able to control Ni, but it sounds like I can control how it flows. I need an Ni valve.

I have not even gigure out my Ni yet, it's still very confusing to me, much less I would know how to apply it with Fe...though I heard the 2 functions are sort of contradictory..not to mention my strong Ti gets on the way and voila! you get a huge mess that I don't even know how to explain.

I feel like my Ni works very well, but my Fe kind of hides in the background. I think that's what I learned in life though, not natural tendencies.

I feel like my Ni works very well, but my Fe kind of hides in the background. I think that's what I learned in life though, not natural tendencies.

This has happened to me a lot..most of the time my Fe score is very low, for an INFJ. instead I get things such as Ni-Ti(I have a strong 3rd function) which sometimes even mistypes me.

I have not even gigure out my Ni yet, it's still very confusing to me, much less I would know how to apply it with Fe...though I heard the 2 functions are sort of contradictory..not to mention my strong Ti gets on the way and voila! you get a huge mess that I don't even know how to explain.

It took a while for me to learn how to use my Fe. I honestly didnt have a stable handle on it until I was around 17 years old, and even then there was still work to be made. You are still young, Fe will take time to feel "ok". For me I developed Fe on an internal level first, and then once I felt I got it, it began to show itself externally.