Natural and herbal "cures" & remedies

arbygil

Passing through
Nov 29, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can't remember if we had anything like this, so I'm just going for it.

Put down your favorite herbal recipes or homeopathic recommendations (baths, poultices, salts, store bought, you name it) and explain how they're used. Also, put your requests here.

Me, I need a good herbal remedy for sinus pressure pain and allergies. Anyone have any good recommendations?

I'm getting tired of being on high pollen alert all the time and the OTCs (I hate using them) are failing me. :p

Reactions: daydreamer
I'm not sure about sinus pressure. But when I have a cold, I drink a lot of Green Tea and it really helps. Not just the throat but a couple other symptoms as well.

I'm not sure about sinus pressure. But when I have a cold, I drink a lot of Green Tea and it really helps. Not just the throat but a couple other symptoms as well.

I'll have to drink some more, I s'pose - maybe I'm not getting enough antioxidants.

coca tea works wonders for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Um...I'm afraid, Shai. What kind of tea is coca tea? Are you talking about an opioid tea that I refuse/is illegal to get on the market? :p

american disgust for natural cures never bearer to amaze me
Posted via Mobile Device

american disgust for natural cures never bearer to amaze me
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey, I'll take anything as long as it doesn't make me crazy or make me lose my faculties. I actually want something that will deal with the problem...not make me forget that I have a problem in the first place. :m129:

coca tea is legal in the US if it is free of the alkaloid, of course in this form it offers little relief. A good quasi legal tea in the US is a tea made from poppy products, such as seeds and dried pods.

to answer the sinus pressure part, I find ginger tea works well for me.

Use dry ice for warts. I totally used it on one earlier this year.

But NOT for genital warts - ouchie!!!
No. I don't speak from personal experience on that one. The having of genital warts or the touching of dry ice to my naughty bits.

Acupressure for sinus pain. EFT would also be beneficial as it is the same kind of thing.
It can help relieve hayfever if you eat locally produced honey, as you build up 'resistance' to the allergens.

Last edited:
Me, I need a good herbal remedy for sinus pressure pain and allergies. Anyone have any good recommendations?

Echinacea tea.

goji/wolfberry is beneficial for vision and inflammations amongst other things

brewing ginger tea is really good for colds

white wood ear is beneficial to the skin and prevents bleeding (e.g. excessive menstrual bleeding)...it's very nutritious too and you can add it to your cooking

Natural and herbal "cures" and remedies

For any kind of virus, I drink tons of chickweed tea. Tastes nasty but seems to flush out whatever ails me faster than green tea, which I use as more of a daily staple.

Skim milk powder/water to wash your face. Exempt from this would be people with generally fantastic skin already. If you're like me with temperamental combo skin madness then seriously invest in the skim milk powder!

Use dry ice for warts. I totally used it on one earlier this year.
Apple Cider vinegar and banana peels are a pain free way to combat warts, of course it takes longer...

I keep misreading titles and thought that this said:

Natural and herbal "curses" & remedies

I thought this was going to be about witchcraft.

/goes back to cave and looks for a thread about witchcraft/

because the root is heathen. Have you not been saying attention?
Posted via Mobile Device

Thyme tea is good for treating coughing. It really works!

1.gif