Myers-Brigg & Dating Profiles | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Myers-Brigg & Dating Profiles

Because I'm tired of the dead-stare when I talk about certain things.

I've only been with sensors for the last 12 years, and while I know they're not all the same, I'm tired of the differences in thinking and their lack of appreciation and/or understanding of my intuition.

LOL INTPs have the stoney-ist of all stone faces

Ti always on

That's not the look I'm talking about, though.

More like the deer in the headlights look. Not the you're dumb look

We are most certainly guilty of that, but I'd argue that look is 90% processing information and 10% maybe judging something. INTPs generally humor anything so it's rare to get that look and you've probably gotten it way less than you think and probably more from other types

I am used to that, though. People misunderstand us all the time. We don't help them understand either or know how sometimes

We are most certainly guilty of that, but I'd argue that look is 90% processing information and 10% maybe judging something. INTPs generally humor anything so it's rare to get that look and you've probably gotten it way less than you think and probably more from other types

I am used to that, though. People misunderstand us all the time. We don't help them understand either or know how sometimes
I've never received that stare.

Well, maybe by my supervisors but that was definitely a processing information stare.

I love INTPs. Lol

I think it's a great idea; I mean, isn't this a very direct way of getting to know someone's personality??? And the idea isn't to stop with a four letter code but to maybe even discuss how it describes them...

For what it's worth, I belong to the 'happy with friends' thing, but I think the same applies to whatever friend-finding apps that might exist. Haven't used them (yet).

For me to go out of my way and pursue dates would require a very pleasant surprise.

"Now my Dear as we are upon the subject of wife, I empower and command you to get me one in Carolina. Such a wife as I want will, I know, be difficult to be found, but if you succeed, it will be the stronger proof of your zeal and dexterity.

Take her description—She must be young, handsome (I lay most stress upon a good shape) sensible (a little learning will do), well bred (but she must have an aversion to the word ton) chaste and tender (I am an enthusiast in my notions of fidelity and fondness) of some good nature, a great deal of generosity (she must neither love money nor scolding, for I dislike equally a termagent and an œconomist). In politics, I am indifferent what side she may be of; I think I have arguments that will easily convert her to mine. As to religion a moderate stock will satisfy me. She must believe in god and hate a saint. But as to fortune, the larger stock of that the better. You know my temper and circumstances and will therefore pay special attention to this article in the treaty. Though I run no risk of going to Purgatory for my avarice; yet as money is an essential ingredient to happiness in this world—as I have not much of my own and as I am very little calculated to get more either by my address or industry; it must needs be, that my wife, if I get one, bring at least a sufficiency to administer to her own extravagancies. NB You will be pleased to recollect in your negotiations that I have no invincible antipathy to the maidenly beauties & that I am willing to take the trouble of them upon myself.

If you should not readily meet with a lady that you think answers my description you can only advertise in the public papers and doub[t]less you will hear of many competitors for most of the qualifications required, who will be glad to become candidates for such a prize as I am. To excite their emulation, it will be necessary for 13 In this I have succeeded, but I have done more. I have gratified my feelings, by lengthening out the only kind of intercourse now in my power with my friend. Adieu

Yours."

Last edited:
intuitives only for me nothing else will last more than a few sparks without it

i am loyal as hell so but get bored easily

i kind of have ruled out xNTJs but not completely
"Hi, my username is ClevelandINTP and I kind of rule out the greatest people to ever live." :tearsofjoy:

It's similar to people fighting tooth and nail for an education, for money, for societal acceptance. The toiling doesn't seem to end. But what is it all for exactly? For the right to live?
Beautifully stated... Couldn't agree more.

The toiling doesn't seem to end. But what is it all for exactly? For the right to live?

Failed to read rest of thread but - first for proving themselves to others, then for proving themselves to themselves. Afterward the toiling for its own sake ends and one can work on whatever they actually care about - with a few exceptions who discover this relatively early on.

Failed to read rest of thread but - first for proving themselves to others, then for proving themselves to themselves. Afterward the toiling for its own sake ends and one can work on whatever they actually care about - with a few exceptions who discover this relatively early on.
We should all just skip to the being our selves part. Responsibly, of course.

Pretty sure there is neither identity nor responsibility on Tinder :p
Good lord.
giphy.gif

Pretty sure there is neither identity nor responsibility on Tinder :p
It's strange that we even need it.

With urbanization we're around more people than ever but feel so atomized, like a sick urban planner's joke.

It's strange that we even need it.

With urbanization we're around more people than ever but feel so atomized, like a sick urban planner's joke.
Don't blame the urban planning. As far as I know, people build their own cities. It's a matter of what we let others, especially policy makers, get away with. Blame the internet. Well waddya know, blame people.