Myers-Brigg & Dating Profiles | INFJ Forum

Myers-Brigg & Dating Profiles

I used Tinder recently and decided to add INFJ to my bio. Interestingly, this made me match with some female INFJs, whom I had interesting chats with.

As far as I can tell, anything that can help you have an actual conversation with someone you match on Tinder is a good thing. There are just so many matches that never lead to a conversation. Heck, I've made over two hundred videos on INFJs, I might as well own it :D

I added ENTJ to my Tinder profile and right out of the gate, people presume I'm a dick.

It's like, at least give me some time to express my depraved inner-core.

For some reason it is a funny thought that you're on Tinder.

Do you have as part of your bio: "Only people thoroughly familiar with the details of the Napoleonic Code shall be swiped right"?

For some reason it is a funny thought that you're on Tinder.

Do you have as part of your bio: "Only people thoroughly familiar with the details of the Napoleonic Code shall be swiped right"?
WAS on Tinder.

I realized that it's more productive to meet women in real life, text them, or just slide into their DMs.

Tinder is a fucking sausage-fest.

@Pin

Would you believe that I've been on around 20 Tinder dates?

I must be an ESFP.

I can believe it, you're a handsome man in a densely populated urban area.

This is the most Te thing I've heard you say in a long time.

This is the most F thing I've heard you express in a long time.

It's a miracle you don't have the clap.

This is where my INFJness comes out with full force: I hardly ever seal the deal!

If I were dating I'd add my MBTI. I probably wouldn't be on Tinder, though.
It would narrow down the field and help find compatible people. It isn't as much about type compatibility, or about whether MBTI is an accurate system, but about understanding how and why people are different and accepting their differences.

“If you talk to couples who’ve been together for a long time, a lot of times they’ll say the person that they’re with is not at all the person they thought they would end up with,” Black says. By advertising and selecting based on personality type, “we may actually be working against ourselves.”

I don't know. I see a lot of problems arise in marriages where the two people have very little in common.
I married exactly who I thought I'd end up with and wanted to end up with. I don't usually go for blondes, so that was the biggest deviation.

“I don’t know how many girls are even going to understand what it is. The smart ones, who may be a little curious, may want to look it up.”

How much more INTJ can you get?

The convenience of modern life is overwhelming. It's strange how we go on these Amazon dates and just pick what we want like a morning coffee.

It's already pretty normal to use dating apps. You don't even have to leave your house these days to engage with the world.

Are we all just going to be retail workers and computer programmers? White-collar serfs?