Music anybody?? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Music anybody??

OK Mr. Technical. Melodic Death Metal, Melodic Black Metal and Symphonic Metal.

classical piano solos are my favourite. i wouldn't say i indulge exclusively in any one genre though, so i define by artist/bands.

chopin. jeff buckley. damien rice. imogen heap. aqualung. cat power. city and colour. coldplay. deas vail. death cab for cutie. postal service. eisley. electric president. iron & wine. joe hisaishi. joshua radin. m.i.a. múm. my brightest diamond. ok go. sevenfold tomorrow. stars. the killers. the shins. yael naim. zero 7.

Prefer symphonic metal to death and black metal. those two suck.

I like variety... just not metal/rock/punk/emo/screamo/anything of the sort.

I looove music :)

My taste ranges from Beethoven's symphonies to contemporary jazz and reggae sounds.

My favourite band is The Cat Empire. Probably one of the best things to come out of Australia - and they put on a killer live show! I also love Blue King Brown, and a variety of other artists.

I'm also a fan of Irish Music...my favourite album being "Irish Heartbeat" by Van Morrison and The Cheiftains.

That's my two cents for today!

A lot of metal fans here I see. Never been much of a metaller. Although I had a nu-metal phase during my early teens and can still get some enjoyment out of KoRn and Machinehead. Can't stand heavy/classical metal though - anything with a long drawn-out, self-indulgent, unnecessary guitar solo - I'm looking at you Slash...

Nowadays I'm going from my post-punk roots (At the Drive-in, Drive Like Jehu and all the bands that sound just like Drive Like Jehu!) to things a little more easy on the ear - Cat Power, Victory at Sea - to lovely instrumental loveliness like Godspeed you Black Emperor, Silver Mount Zion.

Loving Modest Mouse, Múm, Tortoise, The Chap, Cursive, The Dirty Projectors....I can't be bothered to list...you get the idea. My recommendation, by the way, is a band from my city - "Cats in Paris" - got to MySpace and check them out. Happen to be friends of my brothers but I'm trying not to be swayed towards bias - they really are incredibly good. Other good Manchester band is "Everything Everything" - again friends of my brothers. Can we just agree my brother has a lot of friends? Check out Au as well, oh and 65daysofstatic. And if you've never heard bill bailey's songs go check them out - very funny. Just getting back into music after a leap into film for a while. Bit over excited...

Here's some of my favourites:music:
3 Doors Down
Audioslave
Billy Talent
Blink182
Bobby McFerrin
Bob Dylan
Bob Marley
Carlos Santana
Damian Marley
Dire Straits
Disco Ensemble
Dream Theater
Earth, Wind and Fire
Eric Clapton
Foo Fighters
Good Charlotte
Green day
Home Junior
Incubus
James Brown
Jimi Hendrix
Jason Mraz
José González
Kingston Wall
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Mark Knopfler
Metallica
Motion City Soundtrack
Muse
New Found Glory
Nightmares On Wax
Papa roach
Pink Floyd
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rise Against
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sum 41
System of a Down
Tenacious D
The Offspring
Yellowcard

metal (death, black, doom, thrash, progressive, jazz, gothic, sludge, post-metal, avant-garde)
classical (preferably dark)
jazz
different electronic-based music (mostly just industrial, ambient, dark ambient, noise)
rock (post-rock, depressive rock, math rock, progressive rock....I hate mainstream rock, though)
other experimental stuff

Basically, I listen to a lot of music most people either don't know about or misunderstand due to its extreme/unorthodox nature.

Minus the sludge metal, goth metal, doom metal... add in deathgrind, tech-death, post-hardcore and noise rock and my list of favourite styles is identical to yours.

What do you mean by dark classical music? Like Shostakovich or something?

Whatever music matches whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Music and lyrics :p

More jazz, cats. Jaaazz.

I'm curious as to what people listen to. Now, I know people go through phases of different musical tastes, but what are YOU in to?

I tend to lean towards very melodic music and usually darker/deeper music; except for in the morning (gotta have some uppity tunes to wake up to).

Ummm if their is a genre I lean toward it is definateley glam rock, and early punk.

But I like pretty much everything, classical music early romantic stuff especially. And you know more modern underground stuff.

I like this smiley

:m107:

Whatever music matches whatever I'm feeling at the moment. Music and lyrics :p

DITTO!!!

It ranges from classic music to thrash metal. Any music that conveys a message. Some popular ones on my playlist:
Mozart, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, Movie soundtracks etc...