Movies that you like and most people think are weird? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Movies that you like and most people think are weird?

My friends and I all seem to like the Silent Hill movie in a kind of 'Let's re-watch it!' kind of way, even though we all don't really think it's particularly good. We all find it pretty weird that we like it ^^"
I can't think of films, but my friends find it strange that I love history and nature documentaries XD

People think I'm weird for liking the films I like. Mainly because they are obscure, weird, foreign art house films. I watch everything. Honestly, I don't watch them to be pretentious I genuinely enjoy them more then anything.

Films that are considered weird that I like?

Exploitive Japanese b-movies
French sex films
The new wave of south korean films
Old school 70's and 80's chinese martial arts movie with crap sound
Takashi Miike films
Ingmar Bergman films
Takeshi Kitano films ("Nothing happens in them!" (Face palm)
Night Watch (Russian fantasy film, I absolutely loved it!)
Gus van sant's "quiet" films ("Nothing happens in them!" (Face palm again)
Kids
Crash (Cronenberg's)
Betty Blue

These are just recent ones I can think of.

Reactions: Pristinegirl
An American Werewolf in London
Cat People

Both 80s movies that I love.

I also love goofy movies like Wedding Crashers, 40 Year Old Virgin, Along Came Polly, etc.

My really favorite movies are serious ones, though, but no one thinks I'm weird for liking these:

Pulp Fiction
Brokeback Mountain
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Sixth Sense
ET

Reactions: Pristinegirl
oOH, Night Watch - I've wanted to see all three in that trilogy series and I haven't had the opportunity. I'm gonna have to try searching for it online. It looked *incredible.*

Heck. I've seen a lot of the movies on these lists and I've enjoyed all of 'em. But now you've all given me new lists. :mlove2:

I don't know what it was about Night Watch. It just really spoke to me. Classic good versus evil story with the necessary shades of grey. The visuals were incredible, the editing amazing. I'm not really into all this twitchy cinematography that seems to be the fashion at the moment, but that film just drips with atmosphere. I thought the characters were endearing and that the ending was devastating!

Shame Day Watch was absolutely terrible!

Mars attacks (saw it when I was like 6 and got kinda traumatized by it, though I've always felt strangely drawn to it)
mmm...can't think of more right now

Cast Away.

I don't know that people thought I was weird for enjoying this, but many simply didn't love it as much as I did because there wasn't enough dialogue for them. I adored that film.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet films such as:
Delicatessen
City of Lost Children

Yes!! that's great! City of lost children kind of traumatised me as a kid but I watched it again recently and liked it a lot.

Korean films are great... Actually arthouse (or at least considered arthouse in the west) Asian films are often good. I love a film called "Dolls" by Takeshi Kitano. It's the slowest film ever but the photography as absolutely stunning.

[YOUTUBE]W-7eNtLia6o[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: acd
My friends and I all seem to like the Silent Hill movie in a kind of 'Let's re-watch it!' kind of way, even though we all don't really think it's particularly good. We all find it pretty weird that we like it ^^"
I can't think of films, but my friends find it strange that I love history and nature documentaries XD

love nature documentaries pretty much only have 1 friend who can talk about them in the real world!

Cast Away.

I don't know that people thought I was weird for enjoying this, but many simply didn't love it as much as I did because there wasn't enough dialogue for them. I adored that film.

I love castaway aswell, because of the realistic ending. It was a happy ending or sad ending, then the cross roads in the middle of nowhere were well placed as he was trying to figure out where to go with his life

class movie

also Forest Gump is my favorite and Tom Hanks is a legend

Grizzly Man!!

*clears throath* the brady bunch movie... *cough*

Some more serious ones:
- The science of sleep
- Lost in translation
- Bin-Jip. Also one of the best movies I have ever seen.

The Science of Sleep is such a bizarre movie, but I love it. None of my friends "get" it, even the ones who have more absurd taste.

Other movies at the top of my list that sometimes get a weird response from the uninitiated:
Magnolia
Waking Life
Grizzly Man

The Science of Sleep is such a bizarre movie, but I love it. None of my friends "get" it, even the ones who have more absurd taste.

Other movies at the top of my list that sometimes get a weird response from the uninitiated:
Magnolia
Waking Life
Grizzly Man

Yeah, the Science of Sleep rates pretty high in bizarreness. I was also the only one who liked it. The people I saw it with were really bored with it ('where's the story?').

Waking Life! Forgot that one! :)

Hmm... I'm kind of surprised. A lot of these movies are award winners and just in general loved by many... (failing to see the "weird"). Anyway... aside from my husband, I don't know anyone else who likes these two movies, so maybe it's weird or maybe not:

Clive Barker's Nightbreed

(saw this movie as a kid and loved it)
nightbreed48-thumb.jpg

The Cell
vincent_d_onofrio_the_cell_001.jpg

Hey I know lots of people who like the science of sleep. It was really popular here in France. Well not everybody liked it obviously but I think it was as popular as eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (which is fairly weird too)

love nature documentaries pretty much only have 1 friend who can talk about them in the real world!
Ha ha, I only have my sister in RL and online to talk about them with XD One of my other RL friends is vaguely interested, but not really.

My friends also find it odd how I watch loads of terrifying horror films but I get scared really easily by them and don't sleep right for days after XD

Mars attacks (saw it when I was like 6 and got kinda traumatized by it, though I've always felt strangely drawn to it)
mmm...can't think of more right now

I LOVE mars attacks! That movie is hilarious!!!!

I liked the Tinkerbell movie. I guess that's a little weird for a guy approaching 30. ;) I care not.

Hmm... I'm kind of surprised. A lot of these movies are award winners and just in general loved by many... (failing to see the "weird").

I assume every film that has been mentioned here is liked by many people, in terms of the world population. I think the problem lies in the definition of the 'weird' aspect. A lot of award-winning movies that are.. different from most big blockbusters ('weird'), and that are indeed liked by many people, are not very popular with the mainstream public.

My 'movie taste' is usually very different from my environment's, so I guess it all depends on who you know :)

I liked the Tinkerbell movie. I guess that's a little weird for a guy approaching 30. ;) I care not.

I'm still in love with all the Disney movies and I also feel I actually should be behind that fase by now, so weird or not, who cares :)

Serenity is the closest I get.

Personally I didn't like Lost in Translation, but that's probably because I was expecting a dark comedy. Not a serious slice of life.