Most favorite and Disliked Subjects in School | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Most favorite and Disliked Subjects in School

I have a passion for learning in general. The only classes I do not like are the ones where I'm not learning anything. My favorite subject of all is history A.K.A. the passion of my life.

:m073:

English
History
Biology
Psychology

:m140:

Math (I've learned to get used to it more)
Chemistry (love it now though)
Physics (had a much better teacher later)
Art (hated not being able to be creative and free in our assignments)
Music (not great at it, but love to hear it done right)

I could watch stuff on the history/discovery channel for hours.

What's with all the hate for the best subject in school, physical education?

Is this a common trait for INFJ's or something?

I can't speak for the rest of them but I'm fucking lazy and loathed being forced to physically exert myself. Plus as a school subject it just seemed pointless.

I can't speak for the rest of them but I'm fucking lazy and loathed being forced to physically exert myself. Plus as a school subject it just seemed pointless.

But it's the only subject that never gave any homework. Well I never did much homework anyway, but when you got homework you still got in a bad mood as you felt you had to do it.

To be honest, from reading your posts, I am rather doubtful that you are an INFJ yourself.

Se is our last cognitive function, which is the function of physical activity. This would explain why INFJ's do not like gym. Gym is structured, laid out, very social, and compitition is key. All of these are the last things an INFJ would want to engage in.

But it's the only subject that never gave any homework. Well I never did much homework anyway, but when you got homework you still got in a bad mood as you felt you had to do it.

Or if you played it smart like moi, you got a doctor's note advising against physical activity and completed your homework while everyone else was pointlessly running in circles.
:mpff::mpff::mpff: :m114:

Last edited:
To be honest, from reading your posts, I am rather doubtful that you are an INFJ yourself.

Se is our last cognitive function, which is the function of physical activity. This would explain why INFJ's do not like gym. Gym is structured, laid out, very social, and compitition is key. All of these are the last things an INFJ would want to engage in.

Hehe. Although you should remember that the forum me is different from the real me, on forums I like being sarcastic and just screw around, and perhaps post the occasional dream and have some lightweight conversations. The feeling part of me doesn't really come to the surface here, but it is also correlated with the fact that I'm very stressed out and sleep deprived these days, which makes any INFJ rather self centered and apathetic.

I've also had some unpleasant experiences which have made me rather hard on the surface.

But as for gym, gym is structured but in most sports there is room for creativity, and in any activity I can express creativity is where I shine and have fun. Especially football has great room for creativity and I love that sport. And I'm suprised so few of you can see the potential in sports, it's almost like an artform, for me at least. Do mind I hate sports like volleyball and other simple sports with little room to do anything outside the box.

Hehe. Although you should remember that the forum me is different from the real me, on forums I like being sarcastic and just screw around, and perhaps post the occasional dream and have some lightweight conversations. The feeling part of me doesn't really come to the surface here, but it is also correlated with the fact that I'm very stressed out and sleep deprived these days, which makes any INFJ rather self centered and apathetic.

I've also had some unpleasant experiences which have made me rather hard on the surface.

While I am going by how you speak on the forum. I am also going by what your thoughts/ideas are, and what most of your values are. They don't align with most INFJ's. As you said it could be just how you are presenting yourself. Also, I am the last person to pick up on sarcasm online, particulary if it is unclear.

But as for gym, gym is structured but in most sports there is room for creativity, and in any activity I can express creativity is where I shine and have fun. Especially football has great room for creativity and I love that sport. And I'm suprised so few of you can see the potential in sports, it's almost like an artform, for me at least. Do mind I hate sports like volleyball and other simple sports with little room to do anything outside the box.

You are still speaking of Se. I understand what you are trying to say, but most of us don't like sports like football even if they are creative. I don't like football because it is very physical and a team sport. I abhor team sports, and so do most INFJ's.

More then half of us on here do some kind of sport/physical activity. However it is almost always on a solitary basis. I have yet to hear of an INFJ say they like being on team sports. For example, I love to ski, and I ski alot. This is a solitary sport though, so it has appeal. I can do what I want and go where I want without having to worry about others (unless I am partnered up with my friend in backcountry areas where you need someone else for safty).

I've tried to see the finer aspects of team sports time and time again, but ultimately all I see is meatheads knocking the shit out of each other. Guess I lack vision.

While I am going by how you speak on the forum. I am also going by what your thoughts/ideas are, and what most of your values are. They don't align with most INFJ's. As you said it could be just how you are presenting yourself. Also, I am the last person to pick up on sarcasm online, particulary if it is unclear.

You are still speaking of Se. I understand what you are trying to say, but most of us don't like sports like football even if they are creative. I don't like football because it is very physical and a team sport. I abhor team sports, and so do most INFJ's.

More then half of us on here do some kind of sport/physical activity. However it is almost always on a solitary basis. I have yet to hear of an INFJ say they like being on team sports. For example, I love to ski, and I ski alot. This is a solitary sport though, so it has appeal. I can do what I want and go where I want without having to worry about others (unless I am partnered up with my friend in backcountry areas where you need someone else for safty).

Well, you don't know what my values, thoughts and ideas are. If you think what I have posted on the forum gives a correct representation of who I am, then I don't know what to say, the fact is you don't know me. And I have no interest in faking a personality type to post on a forum if that's what you are suggesting...

As for football, I never really cared for the team aspect, in fact I never cared if we won or lost the game, I cared almost only about my own enjoyment and performance. I'm also a ego when I play, and I consider the other players as pawns I can use to upper my game. There are so many possibilities in football.

As for your statement that no INFJ like football or similar sports is just a ridiculous statement, and goes to show yet again you put way too much trust to the MTBI characterization of individual types, there are more than 16 different types of personalities in this world of 6 billion people.

Well, you don't know what my values, thoughts and ideas are. If you think what I have posted on the forum gives a correct representation of who I am, then I don't know what to say, the fact is you don't know me. And I have no interest in faking a personality type to post on a forum if that's what you are suggesting...

As for football, I never really cared for the team aspect, in fact I never cared if we won or lost the game, I cared almost only about my own enjoyment and performance. I'm also a ego when I play, and I consider the other players as pawns I can use to upper my game. There are so many possibilities in football.

As for your statement that no INFJ like football or similar sports is just a ridiculous statement, and goes to show yet again you put way too much trust to the MTBI characterization of individual types, there are more than 16 different types of personalities in this world of 6 billion people.

I am not trying to attack you, I'm simply curious to your personality. You claim to be an INFJ but don't fit all the aspects. No one does, but it seems like there are core aspects that you differ with.

Also, I do know I have a horrible habbit of trying to pidgenhole everyone into a box. It is just how I am. I very much overuse Ni, and I might have done that here with you.

MBTI isn't fullproof, but I do believe that everyone can fit into one of the catagories (some will fit more then others).

I won't deny it; I need boxes. And come hell or high water I will find a box for everything, even if it means making a new box (although I do inheriently resist doing that).

I am not trying to attack you, I'm simply curious to your personality. You claim to be an INFJ but don't fit all the aspects. No one does, but it seems like there are core aspects that you differ with.

Also, I do know I have a horrible habbit of trying to pidgenhole everyone into a box. It is just how I am. I very much overuse Ni, and I might have done that here with you.

MBTI isn't fullproof, but I do believe that everyone can fit into one of the catagories (some will fit more then others).

I won't deny it; I need boxes. And come hell or high water I will find a box for everything, even if it means making a new box (although I do inheriently resist doing that).

Hehe, ok fine :)

But I've read alot about the personality types and taken quite a few tests and I consider myself very much an INFJ, even though the last one labeled me as INFP, but on other test, that I've considered to be better tests, I've been far off P.

Every description I've read about INFJ's fits me perfectly, like this one http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

First time I read that description I started crying, it really touched me

Last edited:
Loved:
- English
- Art History
- Chemistry (though having an amazing teacher might've had something to do with it)
- Journalism
- Ceramics

Hated:
- Any sort of math class
- Physics (this one especially)
- Physical Education

Whatever:
- Spanish
- American History

I like all the subjects and it'd be good if i could have a go at them on my own but the way the schools do it makes it all boring and narrow-minded and competitive, i dont really go to school to learn, just to get some pieces of paper at the end, if i wanted to learn academic stuff I'd just go to a library.

Favorite:
1. Art, Painting, Graphic Design
2. Psychology
3. Video Production
4. Creative Writing
5. Theology

Hated:
1. Math, because of all the busy work
2. Computer Programming, because of all the minutia
3. Foreign Languages, because of all the memorization
4. Math Based Sciences, like Chemistry
5. Music, because of having to perform things I hated

INFJs are meant to be more uncoordinated, I'm fairly coordinated just I don't do much practice with sports so I suck at most now

Speak for yourself. I love beating the crap out of people and getting the crap beat out of myself. I love the challenge of aggression and I marinate in it- dealing with it and learning how to control and use it for yourself. I like physical pain and exertion. I do loathe competition though. I believe one should train to overcome themselves not others. The key to this though, is that my training and physical endeavours are held together by my ideals and values.

But, at school my favourite subjects were Art, English and Philosophy and Ethics. Hated maths and french!

Speak for yourself. I love beating the crap out of people and getting the crap beat out of myself. I love the challenge of aggression and I marinate in it- dealing with it and learning how to control and use it for yourself. I like physical pain and exertion. I do loathe competition though. I believe one should train to overcome themselves not others. The key to this though, is that my training and physical endeavours are held together by my ideals and values.

Haha, yeah I know not everyone falls into the "I hate gym catagory", but most do. My Se is very very very small, so I was over-projecting it into a general statement.