^_^
Retired Staff
Mar 9, 2009
Gridania
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hate the world. Does the world hate me? No, the world is much worse than that; the world is indifferent. I cannot decide whether it is better to become evil or to commit either philosophical/religious or literal suicide.

What cowards most people are! And their justifications for their cowardice are stupid and absurd. Nobody is "free". Nobody is "responsible". They could not help it that they exploited their fellow human being... *cough* excuse me... another "individual" in this "competitive world", the humanity of the "individual" be damned. Damned to hell, literally.

I don't feel like anything other than an obsolete person. I cannot find harmony. There is no harmony. Harmony does not exist. There is only conflict and chaos. The more you look for harmony, the less you find it.

I can't help but think that one day I will be one of those homeless people who die on the sidewalk while all the liars and misanthropists step over my cold body. Few of them will notice that I am dead; fewer will care.

Reactions: RetardedMonkey
Get everything you own and give it/throw it away.

Then move away from everyone you know.

Then start doing whatever you think would be good to do.

(It's a more significant break than suicide, because even the self-murderer is still oppressed by his/her own mediocrity when dying; it is also an act of extreme indifference to what everyone else values so much).

Meditation is a great way to withdraw and detach, but at the same time eventually increase inner peace and acceptance. Maybe not for everyone, but hey, I'm giving it a shot to see if it helps.

Dragon, you ever thought about siding up with a cynical idealistic bastard who will screw the world over to try and make it right?

I hate the world. Does the world hate me? No, the world is much worse than that; the world is indifferent. I cannot decide whether it is better to become evil or to commit either philosophical/religious or literal suicide.

What cowards most people are! And their justifications for their cowardice are stupid and absurd. Nobody is "free". Nobody is "responsible". They could not help it that they exploited their fellow human being... *cough* excuse me... another "individual" in this "competitive world", the humanity of the "individual" be damned. Damned to hell, literally.

I don't feel like anything other than an obsolete person. I cannot find harmony. There is no harmony. Harmony does not exist. There is only conflict and chaos. The more you look for harmony, the less you find it.

I can't help but think that one day I will be one of those homeless people who die on the sidewalk while all the liars and misanthropists step over my cold body. Few of them will notice that I am dead; fewer will care.

Have you read The Myth of Sisyphus by Camus?

Or watched Boondock Saints?

There's a way to solve indifference.

Harmony will come to you given time.

the world may be full of pain and indifference, but it is your relationship to that negativity and perception of it that causes suffering on your part. hmm...question cynicism and make fun of it. sometimes by doing so you'll find much of the negativity is not true, or only relatively true to some depending on the point of view.

I feel your pain my friend. I suffer from the same thing. I think when we feel like this that it is a sign that we should do something to make the situation better. You can create in your own life the peace and harmony that you want. You just need to start acting like the person you want to be and reflecting that in your daily life. I am always looking for people like myself and I can usually find them but it takes some looking. Sometimes it only takes you setting an example to get others to change. And if they don't come along drop them and find people who will. Life really is what you make of it in the end...

The world is merely a reflection of your own mind. The world is not indifferent; you are.

Even if you (the OP) are right (and I like to think you aren't) I already know what I'm going to do about it. Scream and kick and rage and bite and claw until I carve out a little piece of the world for myself that is "right", or I die trying.

Why accept that the world isn't right? Screw that noise, it's going to be right for me even if I have to make it.

It's going to be an impossible quest to find harmony in the world if you are not feeling in harmony with the world. First thing is to realise that your feelings come from you, not from the world. When you react in anger to the world, it is you who is reacting. If you can grasp this, you can work with it to find harmony.

I've always been afraid I would die a crazy cat lady. But yeah...

The world IS indifferent. No one is entitled to anything; you can't expect anyone to care inherently. You sow what you reap; you must give the world a reason to care, unfortunately. That's hard to do. You have to give what you would like to receive, and odds are you will receive it in much smaller quantities. Harmony is coming to terms with this and becoming content in it...

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."
-Stephen Crane

To become content with the world you must first become content with yourself. The world is not constant; there is nothing that is truly reliable forever. The true spiritual core is the ability to find that base for contentment in yourself; you can create a constant only in yourself. That's what people are searching for in spiritual enlightenment, and that's why those who are spiritually content are content almost no matter what (think Buddhist monks)

Just to further my thought from before, here is an excerpt from a book called The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck. Although it does have religious tones in it that some might view as proselytizing, it definitely does have some wisdom to offer as far as the absurdities of life. Here a section from the first chapter that always encourages me when feeling overwhelmed by pressures in the world...

"Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult

Reactions: bamf
Dragon, you ever thought about siding up with a cynical idealistic bastard who will screw the world over to try and make it right?

Yeah, I would be his evil adviser, kind of like Rove for Bush, except more intelligent and less conservative, though we might create a religious coalition to gain power like Rove-Bush did.

The world is merely a reflection of your own mind. The world is not indifferent; you are.

There is wisdom in these words, to my sight.

I've been contemplating lately how a scene can change drastically with just a shift of my perceptual prism. It has caused me to acknowledge that it is likely not the external world that is horrid or joyous at any point, but rather my chosen perspective.

I have been cautious about trying to force my perspective to change though. I tend to think if I am seeing the world a particular way then it is because it is meeting some need for me in that moment. I think for right now it is enough to recognize I do have power over what I paint on that perceptual palette and to accept that for the moment I'm getting something of value in seeing it a certain way.

I trust you are getting something you need from the way you are taking in the world currently. I hope you will grow in awareness that the power to shift perspective is yours when you no longer have need to see the world this way.

Yeah, I would be his evil adviser, kind of like Rove for Bush, except more intelligent and less conservative, though we might create a religious coalition to gain power like Rove-Bush did.

I was kind of after a more... moral advisor.

Why would the world be any different?

The world is not one thing or another. I agree with Satya, your worldview reflects who you are. Become the change you want to see.