Moral Questions: What would you do? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Moral Questions: What would you do?

Clint Eastwood had the best answer for this in I think Magnum Force:
"I believe you may have misjudged me."

Hmmm. I understand the intent of your thread, but you can't philosophize about war. The situation is completely different from anything anyone of us has ever encountered (and will encounter in the future). It's easier to speculate how one would feel if everybody died in his family at the same time, than to speculate about behaviors and decisions during war.

Ok, what if I said that you were the newb in the group. Your use of judgment is still pretty sane from the rest of the crew and in regards to your decision-making skills, those my friend, relies heavily on your values and convictions.

I'm pretty sure that I would first kill myself than to even think of killing someone else. It's just not going to happen, in fact, I'm incapable of doing such atrocity and that's one of the reasons I would never joint the army. I would be killed rather quickly because I wouldn't be able to live knowing that I took someone else's life.

Clint Eastwood had the best answer for this in I think Magnum Force:
"I believe you may have misjudged me."

How was I misjudging you?:m035:

Ok, what if I said that you were the newb in the group. Your use of judgment is still pretty sane from the rest of the crew and in regards to your decision-making skills, those my friend, relies heavily on your values and convictions.

I'm pretty sure that I would first kill myself than to even think of killing someone else. It's just not going to happen, in fact, I'm incapable of doing such atrocity and that's one of the reasons I would never joint the army. I would be killed rather quickly because I wouldn't be able to live knowing that I took someone else's life.

Hmmm. I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If you were a civilian and were brought there, then yeah, that's what anyone would do. But, as a soldier, and in the middle of a war... You've been through hell and lost half of your sanity, the stress is way above the limit where you could breathe, and you've seen all your friends dying just like that, and even some of your allies going crazy. Even as a rookie, the situation is unfathomable (actually, it's worse if you're a rookie). Only those who have been in a war can speak of their way of thinking in such an event.
Convictions and values may easily be forgotten in war. That's my point. Remember Platoon? Apocalypse Now? That kind of thing.

Last edited:
Those "forcing" me to rape the girl, or those going to.

and what makes you think that the "others" won't shoot you back, kill you and THEN rape and kill the girl as well?

Then they do. If it's something i'm willing to compromise on, I will. If it's not, there's no way in hell I'll compromise.

It'd be a surprise attack and I'd have +8 initiative.

Then they do. If it's something i'm willing to compromise on, I will. If it's not, there's no way in hell I'll compromise.

It'd be a surprise attack and I'd have +8 initiative.

you rolled a natural one.

If the girl is going to get raped no matter if I do the raping or not, I'd rather not be the one doing the raping. It's horrible but I'd rather be dead than have it on my conscious.

If the girl is going to get raped no matter if I do the raping or not, I'd rather not be the one doing the raping. It's horrible but I'd rather be dead than have it on my conscious.

I don't understand why you people make your decisions based on the way the statement/question is set out. Add new options, create them with your mind. The only rules or laws that exist are those of science. Anything else is a shared delusion and should be put aside if it doesn't advantage us.

I don't understand why you people make your decisions based on the way the statement/question is set out. Add new options, create them with your mind. The only rules or laws that exist are those of science. Anything else is a shared delusion and should be put aside if it doesn't advantage us.
I was just simply answering it the way the question was set up. If I was in such a situation, I would refuse. I would then be killed in such a situation.

You'd not try to kill them first?
In my current state of mind, no. I wouldn't have it in me. I also wouldn't feel comfortable trying to escape and leave the said girl behind.

I'd rather pull a MacGyver and try to escape without killing anyone, but I also know that I wouldn't succeed at such a thing. Therefor, I would be dead.

I vote for the attempt to shoot my way out with the girl, and if we both die, well, we tried. Unless there was some way to fake fucking the girl and sneak out a hole in the wall...
:bolt:

If I didn't have a gun and knew for certain that they would kill the girl and there was no way of escape for either of us without us getting shot in the back, I'd probably be so freaked that I'd have no choice but to become "Who Gives A Fuck Guy" and try to take out the bad guys with my never before attempted fighting moves and stealthy dodges.

If I didn't have a gun and knew for certain that they would kill the girl and there was no way of escape for either of us without us getting shot in the back, I'd probably be so freaked that I'd have no choice but to become "Who Gives A Fuck Guy" and try to take out the bad guys with my never before attempted fighting moves and stealthy dodges.

Under the scenario, it's reasonable to assume that you're at least a soldier who has underwent basic training.

Ah yes. I would try to free the prisoners and myself even if it meant certain death