Moral Questions: What would you do? | INFJ Forum

Moral Questions: What would you do?

AUM

The Romantic Scientist
Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
4w5
Private Sacks was about to do a terrible thing. He had been ordered to first rape and then murderer the prisoner, whom he knew to be no more than an innocent civilian from the wrong ethnic background. There was no doubt in his mind that this would be gross injustice-a war crime, in fact.

Yet quickly thinking it over he felt he had no choice but to go ahead. If he obeyed the order, he could make the ordeal as bearable as possible for the victim, making sure she suffered no more than was necessary. If he did not obey the order, he himself would be shot and the prisoner would still be raped and killed, but probably more violently. It was better for everyone if he went ahead.

His reasoning seemed clear enough, but of course it gave him no peace of mind. How could it be that he was both going to do the best he could in the circumstances and also a terrible wrong?

Take my own gun and shoot them. They won't expect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably just be indecisive, not do it, and end up getting killed and or fleeing and then getting hunted down and being killed.

Although I'd wonder why I was in that position in the first place.

I wouldn't be able to harm them, no matter what I could not bring myself to do it. I would likely try to fake my way through it and or escape by any means possible.

Well basically here are my options:

1.) I can do what I was ordered to do and get it over with
2.) Object my order and get killed( Then the others will kill the victim even more ruthlessly)
3.) Kill the victim and myself

Wow, that's a harsh decision :m197:

Private Sacks is just a degenerate attempting to justify his rape. How about he takes that gun and tries to fight his way out like Rambo?

You know what I would do? Fuck it, since in the situation I'd get killed by not doing it anyway, I'd attempt to break the civilian out and run away. Woohoo if it works, and if it doesn't, at least I tried.

Technically how can you even rape someone if you don't want to?

Besides, I would fail in the military. I won't do anything unless I see a logical reason for doing it, and being killed if I don't do it isn't a very valid reason- it's a threat, and I don't like to be threatened.

so his first thought was that it is a war crime. what a freak.

What about the red lights flashing "rape is bad"?

Besides, I would fail in the military. I won't do anything unless I see a logical reason for doing it, and being killed if I don't do it isn't a very valid reason- it's a threat, and I don't like to be threatened.

You're too smart for that. If you were in the military you'd be nowhere near the battlefield.

Secret Intellegence.

Awesome.

Hmmm. I can't imagine my psychological condition if something like that had occured to me. You can't speculate about choices in a wartime situation from the perspective of a peaceful citizen. War turns humans into monsters.

I suppose it would depend on who would give the order, my personal feelings regarding that particular war and, more importantly, what had transpired before the event. Those would probably be the factors affecting my choice.

In the first place, there are not enough details for me to make a decision.
Would you care to further elaborate? Where is this? When is this? What did the prisoner do? I just want to make it clear these are nothing short of bizarre circumstances. Do you wish to infer the private was an American soldier? Maybe the military as an evil thing?
With the little info given, I would wake up and get a sip of water then go back to sleep.

In the first place, there are not enough details for me to make a decision.
Would you care to further elaborate? Where is this? When is this? What did the prisoner do? I just want to make it clear these are nothing short of bizarre circumstances. Do you wish to infer the private was an American soldier? Maybe the military as an evil thing?
With the little info given, I would wake up and get a sip of water then go back to sleep.

Does it really matter when and where this happened? It states clearly that the soldier doesn't know anything about the girl that he's about to kill only that she's an innocent civilian and I wasn't referring about the soldier being an American but about your own moral decision on what you had done in a situation like this. In regards to the military itself I have nothing against it. However, if you want me to make up some stuff up about the setting of this fictitious story, I'll do it gladly.

This is not a real case just a philosophical question of morality.

This is not a real case just a philosophical question of morality.

Hmmm. I understand the intent of your thread, but you can't philosophize about war. The situation is completely different from anything anyone of us has ever encountered (and will encounter in the future). It's easier to speculate how one would feel if everybody died in his family at the same time, than to speculate about behaviors and decisions during war.