Merkabah | Page 197 | INFJ Forum
Free energy might emerge before the aliens come here (i.e., we have calmed down and they dare to approach us).

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2016/01/11/teslas-work-re-created/

"Teslas Work Recreated

Despite the first crowdfunding campaign’s removal, a second campaign has been launched. Jim Murray says he has independently secured funding for his technology and is now trying to obtain resources to publish a book that will explain to everyone how it works.

For the skeptics out there, I recommend watching my interview, as well as the interview with The Free Thought Project before drawing any conclusions. I will admit that personally, I am not 100% convinced, though that may only be because a lack of understanding. I would also like to add that Jim Murray seems open to communication. If you have questions for him, I recommend reaching out to him and asking for yourself.

Regardless of whether you think Murray is the new Tesla or another snake oil salesman trying to make a buck, it should be perfectly obvious that the world’s current energy practices are unsustainable. Alternative fuels and energy projects are rarely taken seriously. Instead, the world continues to march down an unsustainable path of environmental destruction and degradation; but this is not necessarily the will of the people."

Monsanto News

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/539746/as-patents-expire-farmers-plant-generic-gmos/, July 2015

GMOs are capturing a bigger market share. Some Monsanto patents will expire and Monsanto is developing the third generation of GMOs. The price of GMO seeds is expected to fall.

gmo_chart3x519.jpg

http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-scrap-90-million-gm-corn-production-facility-67305/, Sep 2014

"Here’s some of the best news all year for non-GMO supporters. Frank Kutka is working to save our heirloom corn from cross-breeding with genetically modified corn. He’s been diligently at work for over 15 years now developing what he calls “Organic Ready” corn varieties that have the ability to block cross-pollination, thus eliminating Monsanto’s prevalently grown GMO corn from infesting organic farmer’s crops."

[...]

"Kutka’s research concentrates on gametophytic incompatibility to protect his organic corn. By focusing on naturally occurring traits and the ancient grain teosinte that make it difficult for GMO pollen to enter the corn silks, thus preventing cross-pollination, he hopes to make his corn incompatible with GMO cross-breeding."

"There are already some plants that have a natural resistance to GMO cross-breeding, like sunflowers, and this is why there is a huge demand for organic sunflower oil at this time — it is most assuredly not contaminated with GMO genes."

[...]

"He hopes to deliver his ‘Organic Ready’ corn by 2015."

http://naturalsociety.com/organic-ready-corn-grown-by-farmer-to-resist-gmo-cross-pollination/, Aug 2015

Follow-up from article above.

"Kutka hopes his ‘Organic Ready’ corn will be able to remedy cross-pollination of ‘Roundup Ready’ crops within the year."

http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-scrap-90-million-gm-corn-production-facility-67305/, Jan 2016

"After the recent press release from Monsanto announcing that the company will cut about 3600 jobs globally, more news of the biotech company’s failure rises to the surface."

"Plans to construct a $90 million GM corn processing plant in Independence, Iowa have reportedly been scrapped due to a ‘struggling farm economy.’"

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/01/17/growing-doubt-gmo-issues.aspx, Jan 2016

An article claiming that GMO companies are hiding information about GMO crops and the risks are not properly assessed.

http://naturalsociety.com/monsanto-evict-protests-argentina-67579/, Jan 2016

Monsanto has powerful people in important positions.

"Monsanto is trying to evict a bevy of protesters who have gathered in an agricultural province of Cordoba, Argentina. The protesters aim to stop a massive GMO seed plant which would spew vast clouds of toxic fumes and leave regular spills of the neonics, fungicides, and numerous other poisons that would be applied as seed coatings."

[...]

"With further ‘friends in high places’ throughout South and Central America, Monsanto seems unphased by the hatred offered to them by so many people. Buenos Aires Governor Maria Eugenia Vidal recently appointed former Monsanto executive Leonardo Sarquis as the Minister of Agriculture in the province."

"Sarquis was the general manager of Monsanto’s vegetable seed division for Argentina, Uruguay, and Paraguay from 2005 to 2007. This might be how Monsanto has been able to keep plans for the seed plant moving forward despite such vehement protests."

I feel okay right now…how I feel varies wildly throughout the day sometimes.
Still waking up abruptly in the mornings…about the time I would get up to go to work.
When going to work became a source of exacerbating my pain and was interrupting my ability to do my job it because a source of stress piled on top of what is arguably one of the most difficult jobs (stress-wise) you can have.
So there is some sort of something that needs to get worked through there.
Tomorrow is when I go to get my annual 6 week IV infusion…which I look forward to because I feel better (stiffness wise, which causes less pain), but then it is always humbling as well and gives you an scheduled reminder to be alive. I get the IV infusion (takes 3.5 hours) at the same place people come to get chemotherapy for cancer, and here I am, mumbling about my back hurting. I’ve seen some people I recognize each time and each time I see many new faces as well.
I’m sure some have died since I began this treatment a little over a year ago.
So, it’s a good reinforcement tool/meditation to remind me not to be too pain-centric, or stuck in my head with my own problems when someone would gladly trade places with me there I’m sure.
I take it hour by hour most of the time…yesterday was fucking hard I won’t lie…but so far today feeling good…a bit of stability would be nice.
But perhaps that is what I need to learn - to go with the flow more.

It’s hard not to look at our bodies as something separate from ourselves…like we are the pilots of this body, and our consciousness is somewhere just behind our eyes piloting the ship.
It’s hard not to fight or even take it personally when your body doesn’t work or causes you pain…because your body is part of you, you are more than just the pilot, it is an extension of your being and resenting it or hating it or fighting it in a negative manner will only make it worse.

I realize I'm a day late....but I hope you take this message in the spirit offered. :hug:

***************************************************************************************************************

Dear Skarekrow.

This morning you have been on my mind…and even though I’m at work right now….I feel the pull to talk with you about your experiences and thoughts surrounding your 3.5 hrs treatment at the hospital.

Firstly I want to thank you for your empathy and compassion for the people sitting in the chairs in the room with you. You talk about how many of them are there receiving treatments of Chemo as they fight for their lives while dealing with cancer….and this humbles you and makes you realize your situation is not as dire as theirs. It’s a testament to your big open heart that you pull yourself out of your own suffering to recognize the ordeal of others. It’s why you are loved loved by many of us….not only here in the forum with you….or in your earthly life…but those of us on the “other side” of the veil. Trust in that knowledge….and let all of the love flow to you.

Now…however….we wish you to move away from extending your empathy to others and direct it towards your self…and your body. This is not to say we no longer want you to show compassion for others….but we instead want you to develop your own healing abilities for your self now.

We encourage you to look at your treatments as if it were a Tool you have chosen to use to help you move the body through this Shift in frequency. We invite you to envision or imagine the chemistry flowing from the machines and in to your veins as Bubbles of Light containing the Grace of the Universe. We are not aware if you are adept in visualization…but if not we suggest searching for images of sparkling light or bubbles catching sunlight may aid you in utilizing the Tool.

We also would encourage you to move your focus away from the despair and despondency you experience while sitting in the chair and instead….choose to focus on how happy you feel when you realize this Tool is assisting your body to dissolve the blockages of energy flow…..which is the root cause of your physical ailments.

Another aspect we wish to draw your attention is this: You are not aiding nor assisting those other persons sitting around the room with you when you drop your frequency to the lower levels of despair and frustration while utilizing the Tool. Your Light…. The Being you are….is here to affect the frequency of others. Your energy bubble contains the frequency of whatever you are feeling….and this extends outward to all within your range….including those sitting in those chairs. We would say if you want to aid and assist others you can best achieve this by raising your own frequency.

Yes we know this is easier said than done.

Part of this reason it’s difficult for Beings such as you is the fact we feel guilty when we sense the suffering of others is greater than our own. It doesn’t matter where this belief came from. For now….it is most important that you learn to recognize when you feel Guilt….and then to let it go. Breathe in to that space left open ….and then choose to focus on the fact you (and they) have the opportunity to change the experience while utilizing the chemical Tool process. There is nothing wrong with allowing joy to flow through you while receiving the chemical Tool process. It is….after all….a healing taking place and it would assist you greatly if you would receive it in that manner.

We also encourage you to sit in stillness with your self for a few minutes every day simply visualizing a constant stream of these bubbles of Light flowing through your veins and in to the cells of your body.

It is our deepest pleasure to know you.

NOTE: I must have switched over to the Guides during this message. As they are also me…I turned into We. I can tell you I feel the deep love for you they speak of here.
Namaste’

I bet you have a facebook page. Did you see this video of falling snow captured in a shaft of sunLight? https://www.facebook.com/TheShiningEarth/videos/1683604808553858/

Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
Thanks for explaining that in detail. So now I understand they close the sternum using wires looped through the ribs to form a figure 8. Do the bones fuse back eventually? Or do the wires have to be in there for the rest of the person's life?

Happy you watched Ravi's video. Glad you liked it. Haven't seen that one so I don't know what its about. Will watch it sometime though.

And yes, some of those gut decisions I made were irrational at the time but worked out how I wanted in the end. The way I see it, to not trust your gut instinct when making any decision is to ignore that small little guiding voice inside of you and when you ignore it once too often, it stops speaking to you. And that is something that I would never wish to happen to me. So yeah, guess I'll keep on making decisions based on my feelings rather than logic.

Yes…the idea is that the sternum will fuse back together but in the meantime it has to be stable enough…and the wires are usually left in, though I have removed some where the patients skin had gotten so thin that the twisted portion starts to protrude and could tear the skin.

That has been the basis of my decisions through my life as well…it causes me cognitive dissonance if I ignore my feelings altogether when making a decision.
Would you say that you are a lucky person?

I realize I'm a day late....but I hope you take this message in the spirit offered. :hug:

***************************************************************************************************************

Dear Skarekrow.

This morning you have been on my mind…and even though I’m at work right now….I feel the pull to talk with you about your experiences and thoughts surrounding your 3.5 hrs treatment at the hospital.

Firstly I want to thank you for your empathy and compassion for the people sitting in the chairs in the room with you. You talk about how many of them are there receiving treatments of Chemo as they fight for their lives while dealing with cancer….and this humbles you and makes you realize your situation is not as dire as theirs. It’s a testament to your big open heart that you pull yourself out of your own suffering to recognize the ordeal of others. It’s why you are loved loved by many of us….not only here in the forum with you….or in your earthly life…but those of us on the “other side” of the veil. Trust in that knowledge….and let all of the love flow to you.

Now…however….we wish you to move away from extending your empathy to others and direct it towards your self…and your body. This is not to say we no longer want you to show compassion for others….but we instead want you to develop your own healing abilities for your self now.

We encourage you to look at your treatments as if it were a Tool you have chosen to use to help you move the body through this Shift in frequency. We invite you to envision or imagine the chemistry flowing from the machines and in to your veins as Bubbles of Light containing the Grace of the Universe. We are not aware if you are adept in visualization…but if not we suggest searching for images of sparkling light or bubbles catching sunlight may aid you in utilizing the Tool.

We also would encourage you to move your focus away from the despair and despondency you experience while sitting in the chair and instead….choose to focus on how happy you feel when you realize this Tool is assisting your body to dissolve the blockages of energy flow…..which is the root cause of your physical ailments.

Another aspect we wish to draw your attention is this: You are not aiding nor assisting those other persons sitting around the room with you when you drop your frequency to the lower levels of despair and frustration while utilizing the Tool. Your Light…. The Being you are….is here to affect the frequency of others. Your energy bubble contains the frequency of whatever you are feeling….and this extends outward to all within your range….including those sitting in those chairs. We would say if you want to aid and assist others you can best achieve this by raising your own frequency.

Yes we know this is easier said than done.

Part of this reason it’s difficult for Beings such as you is the fact we feel guilty when we sense the suffering of others is greater than our own. It doesn’t matter where this belief came from. For now….it is most important that you learn to recognize when you feel Guilt….and then to let it go. Breathe in to that space left open ….and then choose to focus on the fact you (and they) have the opportunity to change the experience while utilizing the chemical Tool process. There is nothing wrong with allowing joy to flow through you while receiving the chemical Tool process. It is….after all….a healing taking place and it would assist you greatly if you would receive it in that manner.

We also encourage you to sit in stillness with your self for a few minutes every day simply visualizing a constant stream of these bubbles of Light flowing through your veins and in to the cells of your body.

It is our deepest pleasure to know you.

NOTE: I must have switched over to the Guides during this message. As they are also me…I turned into We. I can tell you I feel the deep love for you they speak of here.
Namaste’

I bet you have a facebook page. Did you see this video of falling snow captured in a shaft of sunLight? https://www.facebook.com/TheShiningEarth/videos/1683604808553858/

I can’t even give you a decent reply to such a powerful post Kgal.
This was much needed this morning, as I woke up abruptly again…and now I have tears steaming down my face.
But they are good tears.

My Dad has been in my dreams it seems a lot lately…it’s been almost 8 years now…for some reason he seems to be there disproportionately so this last few weeks.
I can never remember what he says or what we are even doing…just that I dreamed of him.
I can’t help think it’s all related.

Your words of kindness are perfectly timed as always…and I do look at my medication as something good.
I know how it feels to go without it…I am completely crippled and unable to do hardly anything without it.
And you know of course I know all about how it works.

I will have to respond to you again…I am still feeling very touched by your words and am at a loss of my own.

But thank you, thank you always.
Much love,
M

You are not late btw…my appt is at 130pm today.

Reactions: Kgal
Yes…the idea is that the sternum will fuse back together but in the meantime it has to be stable enough…and the wires are usually left in, though I have removed some where the patients skin had gotten so thin that the twisted portion starts to protrude and could tear the skin.

That has been the basis of my decisions through my life as well…it causes me cognitive dissonance if I ignore my feelings altogether when making a decision.
Would you say that you are a lucky person?

Hmmm. You know, I don't believe in such a thing as "luck". So i cant say I'm a lucky person or an unlucky one. I believe everything is a result of conscious choices that we make and if we make the right choice, things will be right and if we make the wrong choice (without listening to our gut instinct), then we cant really blame anyone if things go awry. That being said, I am human like everyone else and i have made many bad choices as well, so yeah, things are not always rosy but I try to learn and make the best of whatever current situation I am in.

How did your appointment go?

Woot! They must have known this....which is why they were pushing me to tell you!

Holy shit I love it when this happens! :bounce:

Have fun today imagining bubbles!!!!!

colorful-bubbles_zps560c62f0.jpg

This was much needed this morning, as I woke up abruptly again…and now I have tears steaming down my face.
But they are good tears.

My Dad has been in my dreams it seems a lot lately…it’s been almost 8 years now…for some reason he seems to be there disproportionately so this last few weeks.
I can never remember what he says or what we are even doing…just that I dreamed of him.

Your words of kindness are perfectly timed as always…and I do look at my medication as something good.
I know how it feels to go without it…I am completely crippled and unable to do hardly anything without it.

I will have to respond to you again…I am still feeling very touched by your words and am at a loss of my own.

Much love,
M

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION], we will be thinking about you. You will have to forget about us .... for a while. You need to focus 100% on your mending and healing. Stop irritating us ...

[video=youtube;xJSey8HRUhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSey8HRUhU[/video]

But they are good tears.

Much love,
M

I can almost feel the resolve that you stand in in this. Courage is also one of the higher expressions of love. Kgal is right in that the blockages in flow will cause much distress. You are probably also correct about the dreams being related. If you cannot remember details, can you get a sense of what the dream felt like, perhaps a tone or how it was presented? I have found that sometimes for myself the details become less important than the overall "feels" of it for lack of a better term. :D

:hug:

Those Draco Wackos are terrifying.

DW: OK. Now you said something extremely provocative in the last episode that I'd like to get back to, and that is tell us again the story about these Draco. How did they find the Draco bodies that had AI in them? How did that happen?

CG: Well, to get there I really need to start at the beginning. When I was at Gaiam the last time for a week, shooting the first episodes, in my absence Lieutenant Colonel Gonzales was tasked to attend two major meetings in my absence. One of them was with a group that I had honestly refused to go and visit again, and this was the Draco Alliance Federation.
I had had a very, very horrible encounter with one of what is described as a White Draco Royal, which is a reptilian being that is 14 feet tall, has a vestigial tail, vestigial wings, and is extremely, extremely powerful. I have interfaced, which is what we call, as we've said before, communicating telepathically with nonhumans.

I had interfaced with a number of beings and had never had such an invasive communication experience that I did with this one.

DW: Now, why would these loving sphere beings that wanted you to be their delegate, why would they ask you to have to go in there and have a meeting with what would be the biological equivalent of the devil?

CG: It's part of the job.

The higher Schumann frequency means that time is speeding up. There is a shorter time interval between cause and effect. People on Earth are experiencing immediate Karma. :m024:

CG: Well, I don't know if this was a cause and effect, but the Secret Earth Government and its syndicates and the military and some extraterrestrials had developed a very powerful weapon that they aimed at a sphere. And I don't know if that can be put up right now, but--

DW: Yeah. Let's have the clip now. This is a shot from the International Space Station, December 5, 2014. What are you going to see is a little red spot and what looks like a laser beam. So what we're seeing there is a red sphere that looks about 1/4 or 1/5 the diameter of the moon in size with what looks like a red beam going up to it. So what were we seeing there?

CG: What occurred is there are three different sized spheres from the Sphere Alliance. One is the size of the moon, one is the size of Neptune, one is the size of Jupiter. This is one of the ones that was the size of the moon and was in fairly close to Earth.

DW: Now normally, we couldn't see it with a telescope.

CG: Right. It was--

DW: It was cloaked.

CG: --it was cloaked. But somehow through the extraterrestrial help, they were able to pinpoint it, target it, and fire this incredibly powerful weapon into space at the sphere. The Sphere Alliance use defensive type technology and what they did is they redirected the power from the beam back to the source.
So what witnesses said is they saw the sphere light up red and then a red beam come back down and hit the installation where the weapon was fired from. And the installation was destroyed with loss of life of humans and non-humans that were involved in this attack, the attempt.

DW: Do we know where this was?

CG: I was told that it was one of two locations in Africa or Australia, but I've since been told it's most likely in Australia.

DW: Well, Pine Gap in the middle of Australia, is a major facility. Do you think it might have been that?

CG: That's where I was told it was. It's likely in one of the-- not Pine Gap proper, but one of the-- they have Pine Gap and kind of like you have Area 51 and S4, they have a lot of areas like that, but one of their weapons testing facilities close to there.

DW: So this must have been extremely demoralizing for the Cabal. Were they expecting to get a big light show and actually blow up the sphere? Is that what they were hoping to do?

CG: Yes.

DW: And instead they got instant karma spanking.

DW: So a lot of high level people died in this.

CG: Yes, very high level people from what they call the Cabal were present for this weapons test, and there were some extraterrestrials that were there, as well, that were here on Earth that were engineers that were helping develop this, that had a vested interest in this.

I can almost feel the resolve that you stand in in this. Courage is also one of the higher expressions of love. Kgal is right in that the blockages in flow will cause much distress. You are probably also correct about the dreams being related. If you cannot remember details, can you get a sense of what the dream felt like, perhaps a tone or how it was presented? I have found that sometimes for myself the details become less important than the overall "feels" of it for lack of a better term. :D

:hug:

Sorry everyone…I have been feeling very ill this past week…haven’t gotten out of bed much and though you are all so kind with generous with your words of support, sometimes a guy just needs his alone time to figure it all out.
Plus this place has been a mixed bag of negative and positive lately…I have enough negative in my real life without people wanting have dick sizing contests.
Thank you Apemon, as always you and Kgal and many others here that I call my friends for always being supportive without asking for anything in return.

The feeling I get when my Dad is in my dreams is one of comfort…it’s that comfort that you are with your Dad and nothing could even harm you so long as he is there.
I talk to him out loud IRL every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImaginaryBloke
Hmmm. You know, I don't believe in such a thing as "luck". So i cant say I'm a lucky person or an unlucky one. I believe everything is a result of conscious choices that we make and if we make the right choice, things will be right and if we make the wrong choice (without listening to our gut instinct), then we cant really blame anyone if things go awry. That being said, I am human like everyone else and i have made many bad choices as well, so yeah, things are not always rosy but I try to learn and make the best of whatever current situation I am in.

How did your appointment go?

Everything is fine now thanks for asking.
I was just curious if you saw yourself as lucky, as often times I believe luck to be self-created.

Those Draco Wackos are terrifying.

DW: OK. Now you said something extremely provocative in the last episode that I'd like to get back to, and that is tell us again the story about these Draco. How did they find the Draco bodies that had AI in them? How did that happen?

CG: Well, to get there I really need to start at the beginning. When I was at Gaiam the last time for a week, shooting the first episodes, in my absence Lieutenant Colonel Gonzales was tasked to attend two major meetings in my absence. One of them was with a group that I had honestly refused to go and visit again, and this was the Draco Alliance Federation.
I had had a very, very horrible encounter with one of what is described as a White Draco Royal, which is a reptilian being that is 14 feet tall, has a vestigial tail, vestigial wings, and is extremely, extremely powerful. I have interfaced, which is what we call, as we've said before, communicating telepathically with nonhumans.

I had interfaced with a number of beings and had never had such an invasive communication experience that I did with this one.

DW: Now, why would these loving sphere beings that wanted you to be their delegate, why would they ask you to have to go in there and have a meeting with what would be the biological equivalent of the devil?

CG: It's part of the job.

The higher Schumann frequency means that time is speeding up. There is a shorter time interval between cause and effect. People on Earth are experiencing immediate Karma. :m024:

CG: Well, I don't know if this was a cause and effect, but the Secret Earth Government and its syndicates and the military and some extraterrestrials had developed a very powerful weapon that they aimed at a sphere. And I don't know if that can be put up right now, but--

DW: Yeah. Let's have the clip now. This is a shot from the International Space Station, December 5, 2014. What are you going to see is a little red spot and what looks like a laser beam. So what we're seeing there is a red sphere that looks about 1/4 or 1/5 the diameter of the moon in size with what looks like a red beam going up to it. So what were we seeing there?

CG: What occurred is there are three different sized spheres from the Sphere Alliance. One is the size of the moon, one is the size of Neptune, one is the size of Jupiter. This is one of the ones that was the size of the moon and was in fairly close to Earth.

DW: Now normally, we couldn't see it with a telescope.

CG: Right. It was--

DW: It was cloaked.

CG: --it was cloaked. But somehow through the extraterrestrial help, they were able to pinpoint it, target it, and fire this incredibly powerful weapon into space at the sphere. The Sphere Alliance use defensive type technology and what they did is they redirected the power from the beam back to the source.
So what witnesses said is they saw the sphere light up red and then a red beam come back down and hit the installation where the weapon was fired from. And the installation was destroyed with loss of life of humans and non-humans that were involved in this attack, the attempt.

DW: Do we know where this was?

CG: I was told that it was one of two locations in Africa or Australia, but I've since been told it's most likely in Australia.

DW: Well, Pine Gap in the middle of Australia, is a major facility. Do you think it might have been that?

CG: That's where I was told it was. It's likely in one of the-- not Pine Gap proper, but one of the-- they have Pine Gap and kind of like you have Area 51 and S4, they have a lot of areas like that, but one of their weapons testing facilities close to there.

DW: So this must have been extremely demoralizing for the Cabal. Were they expecting to get a big light show and actually blow up the sphere? Is that what they were hoping to do?

DW: And instead they got instant karma spanking.

DW: So a lot of high level people died in this.

CG: Yes, very high level people from what they call the Cabal were present for this weapons test, and there were some extraterrestrials that were there, as well, that were here on Earth that were engineers that were helping develop this, that had a vested interest in this.

CRAZY!

BTW…thank you for posting some stories and keeping up the thread a bit while I was out!!
Where do you think we will be say…a year from now in regards to what you posted?

The Replicability Crisis in Science

by Rupert Sheldrake
12 January 2016

Rupert-Sheldrake.jpg

The world of science is in the midst of unprecedented soul-searching at present.
The credibility of science rests on the widespread assumption that results are replicable, and that high standards are maintained by anonymous peer review.

These pillars of belief are crumbling.
In September 2015, the international scientific journal Nature published a cartoon showing the temple of “Robust Science” in a state of collapse.

What is going on?
Drug companies sounded an alarm several years ago.

They were concerned that an increasing proportion of clinical trials was failing, and that much of their research effort was being wasted.
When they looked into the reasons for their lack for success, they realized that they were basing projects on scientific papers published in peer-reviewed journals, on the assumption that most of the results were reliable.

But when they looked more closely, they found that most of these papers, even those in top-tier academic journals, were not reproducible.
In 2011, German researchers in the drug company Bayer found in an extensive survey that more than 75% of the published findings could not be validated.

temple-of-science.jpeg

In 2012, scientists at the American drug company Amgen published the results of a study in which they selected 53 key papers deemed to be “landmark” studies and tried to reproduce them.

Only 6 (11%) could be confirmed.
In 2012, the governments of the world’s richer countries spent $59 billion on biomedical research, one justification for which is that basic-science research provides the foundations for work by private drug companies.

So this is not a trivial problem.
Meanwhile, by 2013, in the realm of experimental psychology, as in other branches of science, there were alarming signs that much of the published research could not be replicated.

A large-scale replication study by psychologists published last year sent further shock waves through the scientific world when it turned out that around two-thirds of the published studies in top psychology journal were not reproducible.

In the late nineteenth century, many scientists adopted a style of writing using the passive voice, “A test tube was taken….” instead of “I took a test tube…” to create as impersonal a style as possible, a world of emotion-free events unfolding spontaneously in front of a detached objective observer.

In reality, of course, scientists are people, and like other people have different temperaments and personalities from each other, are often competitive, and prefer their own hypothesis to be right rather than wrong.

In most branches of science, scientists publish only a small percentage of their data, 10% or less, and obviously select the “best” results to publish, leaving inconvenient or inconclusive data unpublished.

The problem is made worse by a systematic bias against replications within the sciences.
Researchers who replicate other people’s work find it hard, if not impossible, to get their papers published, because replication is not deemed to be original, and most journals pride themselves on publishing original research.

Unfortunately, personal advancement in the world of science depends on incentives that encourage these questionable research practices.
Professional scientists’ career prospects, promotions and grants depend on the number of papers they have published, the number of times they are cited and the prestige of the journals in which they are published.

There are therefore powerful incentives for people to publish eye-catching papers with striking positive results.
If other researchers cannot replicate the results, this may not be discovered for years, if it is discovered at all, and meanwhile their careers have advanced and the system perpetuates itself.

In the world of business, the criteria for success depend on running a successful business, not on whether business plans are ranked highly by business academics, and whether they are often cited in business journals.

But status in the world of science depends on publications in scientific journals, rather than on practical effects in the real world.
Meanwhile, the peer-review system is falling into disrepute.

The very fact that so many unreliable papers are published shows that the system is not working effectively, and a recent investigation by the American journal Science revealed some shocking results.

A member of Science’s staff wrote a spoof paper, riddled with scientific and statistical errors, and sent 304 versions of it to a range of peer-reviewed journals.
It was accepted for publication by more than half of them.

Obviously the present system of academic research encourages the publication of false positive results.
At the same time, the huge financial incentives that underlie the multi-billion dollar drug industry encourage the suppression of negative results.

Many drug companies simply do not publish the results of negative studies that show their drugs are ineffective.
On the other hand, of course they publish the results of positive studies that favour their drugs.

Insofar as “evidence-based medicine” relies on published studies, it creates a very misleading impression of scientific objectivity, reflecting a strong bias based on the commercial self-interest of pharmaceutical corporations.. Such practices are all too common, as Ben Goldacre shows in his book Bad Pharma: How Drug Companies Mislead Doctors and Harm Patients (2012).

The psychologist Nicholas Humphrey has compared this “sub-prime science” crisis to the financial crisis of 2008.
The implications of this crisis are far-reaching, because science is so important for our civilisation and economy.

There is now an unprecedented mood of humility within the sciences.
Whether there will be serious changes, or simply a reversion to business-as-usual, remains to be seen.

Last edited:
[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

Hey man, sounds like the last few weeks were pretty heavy for you. Sorry I wasn't around much. Came down with a bout of pneumonia and didn't really have the chance to post.

Now I'm not good with the feels like [MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION], but I mirror her sentiment. You're an awesome person. Keep strong.

Reactions: Skarekrow
@Skarekrow

Hey man, sounds like the last few weeks were pretty heavy for you. Sorry I wasn't around much. Came down with a bout of pneumonia and didn't really have the chance to post.

Now I'm not good with the feels like @Kgal, but I mirror her sentiment. You're an awesome person. Keep strong.

You are all awesome…I can’t even name them all, and I won’t try for fear I will miss someone important.

Like I wrote to Jimmers on his page…my pain and illness are just on the forefront of my life currently…but my suffering is no more than any other person who has lived or will live. It’s strange but that’s a comforting thought - to know that one is not alone in their pain…in any aspect of their life.
I can’t even write a proper response to @Kgal and others because I feel her love and everyone else’s, including your own, so forcefully.
Yes…this has been a hard last week….yes this has been a hard last year, last five years…but it is what it is and I wouldn’t change it - it’s shaping who I am now and who I will become in the future. I am focusing my attentions to making those changes that are inevitable into something ultimately positive and a force to be reckoned with itself.
I couldn’t have done it without the support of you and the rest of the people I consider my friends on this forum…even some of those I wouldn’t call my ‘friends’.
Enough about me…I get tired of talking about being ill.
What’s going on with you Jacobi?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal
Two free very bizarre e-books!
These will make for an interesting read!

I have weakness for the more peculiar works and I post them here regardless of their spiritual attributes in admiration of human creativity.

Today I have two of these goodies for you and if you are into this, you will not be disappointed.
These two works have one thing in common; you will never understand a single word of them.

\

The Voynich Manuscript
is written in an unknown alphabet.
Not a living soul knows what it means.

During centuries top military code-breakers, linguists, historians and laymen have tried to decipher it, all failed. People have gone insane in their obsessions trying to figure it out.

It dates back to the early 15th century.
Enjoy the meticulous illustrations of botanical fantasies.

CODEX Serahinianus
What it lacks in any kind of meaningfulness, it returns in max psychedelic weird assness – and illustrative beauty.

As The Voynich Manuscript it is written in Italy in an incomprehensible language with a made for the occasion set of characters.

Enough said, you can find detailed bios on the works many places on the internet, try Wikipedia or some of the dedicated forums.

Download the books here.
Please bear in mind that both works are more than 50 MB, they might take a while to download:

Voynich Manuscript
The Voynich Manuscript is written in an unknown alphabet.
During centuries top military code-breakers, linguists, historians and laymen have tried to decipher it, all failed.

Written by: Unknown
Published by: Handwritten
Edition: First
Available in:Ebook

Voynich Manuscript

Codex Seraphinianus
Codex Seraphinianus is an encyclopedia of copious hand-drawn, colored-pencil illustrations of bizarre and fantastical flora.

Written by: Luigi Serafini
Published by: Handwritten
Edition: First
Available in:Ebook

Codex Seraphinianus

You can buy the print version here: Codex Seraphinianus 2-volume True First Edition 1981 Signed By Luigi Serafini #865/4000

Reactions: PintoBean
Metropolis:
An excellent movie if you have never seen it…apparently there is an illustrated book that went out of print.
I tried to get my hands on one but no one seemed to know where to get one…maybe I’ll try again now that social media is more widespread.
The basis of the story is the rich live in the opulent city above and basically drink and party all day every day while the majority of the people live underground and toil under terrible conditions to run the city above…until they revolt.

tumblr_m1tzhobIZ01qcay1ao1_500.gif

metropolis4-maria-robot-star1.jpg

tumblr_np6i5mXpOZ1qg2fbko1_500.gif

Last edited: