Mensa Fun Brain workout test | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Mensa Fun Brain workout test

The triangle question is fun. The trouble of course is that most people who get it 'wrong' would have made assumptions about the rules surrounding the question. There are no rules implied, and several hierarchies of nested triangles to be found. But to me a triangle is one unbroken by subdivisions, so I'm happy to obstinately declare that there are only 25 to my current frame of reference.

Last edited:
I got 27.

Failed at 15, 16 and 19.
I like math very much though, and absolutely love number sequences. Patterns make me go yay!

I got 25 / 30. Go T-side! :D
Me hates the wordy ones (ie "What word do you add to...?" or "Unscramble this piece of nonsense"). I did get one of the word ones, though!

Let's look at the first question. Sally likes 225. How do you get 225? Multiply 15 by itself.
She likes 900. How do you get that? Multiply 30 times itself. She likes 144. Multiply 12 *
12. Does she like 1600 or 1700? You can't multiply any whole number by iteslf to get 1700,
but 40 * 40 does equal 1600. Bingo. Sally likes guys like me. (squares! :lol:) - She is also incredibly cute.

I kept thinking she liked multiples of 3 or digit-sums of 9 - but that eliminated both answers. I got it, but it took me a second. :wink:

Can you count the triangles? I don't know the correct answer yet, until probably Monday but I came up with 41. Anyone else? - These spatial ones are my worst usually. I actually like the math ones.

Lurker's answer fits the puzzle to a T. Yes, pun intended.

Last edited:
I still am confused by the triangles. I understood Lurker's illustrations except for the "10" one. Those colorings didn't make sense to me, but it did enable me to see nine more than I had seen before. (I replicated 3 accidentally on first investigations and really only saw 38.)
I am up to 47, but have been informed that Lurker is correct with the 48.

Did you count the one giant one that encompasses the whole thing? :wink:

I missed number 19.

'Cause I skipped it.

I still am confused by the triangles. I understood Lurker's illustrations except for the "10" one. Those colorings didn't make sense to me, but it did enable me to see nine more than I had seen before. (I replicated 3 accidentally on first investigations and really only saw 38.)

There are 10 "triforce" triangles - triangles made out of 4 put together:
./\
/\/\

Also, there are upside-down "Triforce" triangles.

Why take the practice test when you can take the real one? >: )

Why take the practice test when you can take the real one? >: )

Mostly because the real one seems kinda serious and I just kinda wanna play in the playgrounds of time (while not being timed) - Well, that and the Universe's warnings about getting subsectioned by intellectual vibrational isolationalists extrapolating interpolated linquistic and mathematical interpretations of individual vibrational mental acuities and abilities applied upon the associated masses. Well, that and the fact that I don't like supervised and timed tests all that much. :smile:

So, like are you Mensa inclined, wild-child?

That v

There are 10 "triforce" triangles - triangles made out of 4 put together:
./\
/\/\

Also, there are upside-down "Triforce" triangles.

Imagine the colour continues to make a complete triangle but that the different colors show different ones than continue that pattern through the rest of the puzzle. First row has one, second has two, third has three, last has four.

Two of the scramble word questions frustrated me so much I just didnt answer them (INSATIABLE and H C P R A A T E U), I seen a pattern in that one where I was supposed to be prime numbers, but I still got it wrong -- the guys walking one, I caught on to the fact that the distance to each other would be less than the distance they walked, but I forgot to double the distance since they're walking in opposite directions (d'oh!), Got the sam question wrong. I wrongly assumed Jane was currently 20 after spending like 5 minutes trying various permutations on it (my solution added up so that sam was 2/3 age jane and not 3/4).

The squares one was hard but I found a good method (count major rectangles, then count rectangles composed of 4 smaller rectangles, then count ones composed of 3, composed of 2, and then finally the individuals).

Was fun. I love pattern exercises.

Last edited:
That v

Imagine the colour continues to make a complete triangle but that the different colors show different ones than continue that pattern through the rest of the puzzle. First row has one, second has two, third has three, last has four.

It wasn't the V that I missed, but I did finally see the 48th. What was so difficult for me was that I saw too many and a lot of them were the same. I was up to 54 at one point.

I applied a similar system that lurker did.

Count all base 5 triangle, then base 4, base 3, base 2, upside down base 2, then all the individuals.

Counted 53 -- I mustve double counted some by mistake.

Last edited:
Heh, that age question - I immediately took a T approach to it and whipped out the algebra, only to get a horrible decimal number. No idea where I screwed it up. Then I thought, "Heck with that, I'm an INFJ!" and my intuition said "Try #", I checked it out, and it worked! :lol:

I simply don't have the paients for this thing, sort of makes me feel inadqiqute >_<

I got 25 but it should have been 26. I didn't capitalize stronger, which was marked wrong.