Mensa Fun Brain workout test | INFJ Forum

Mensa Fun Brain workout test

mayflow

Banned
May 26, 2008
MBTI
INFP
I apologize if this test has been offered before, but I do think it is kinda a fun brain workout.

I got only 22 out of 30, but I think that is still no so terrible for an INFP -in fact they said I would have a good chance of passing the "official" test, although, I'll never be inclined to take it.

http://www.mensa.org/workout2.php

ps: They will give you your score immediately and the right answers and to some extent why, although I sill can't get how to count the 4-sided figures in that one thingy. I am far better with the math and abstract than the visual stuff.

Last edited:
I apologize if this test has been offered before, but I do think it is kinda a fun brain workout.

I got only 22 out of 30, but I think that is still no so terrible for an INFP -in fact they said I would have a good chance of passing the "official" test, although, I'll never be inclined to take it.

http://www.mensa.org/workout2.php

ps: They will give you your score immediately and the right answers and to some extent why, although I sill can't get how to count the 4-sided figures in that one thingy. I am far better with the math and abstract than the visual stuff.

LOL. Yeah, well. I tried to take it... but since the first three were math questions I bolted.

LOL. Yeah, well. I tried to take it... but since the first three were math questions I bolted.

Heh. Yeah that would be me too. Im appalling at math(s), but only due to missing too much school as a child. I find it quite ironic that MENSA would assume strong math ability to be a solid measure of intelligence/IQ as math like so many other things is simply a learned skill. The trick would be to have some kind of test that measured the actual logical thought processes behind working out the mathmatics problems, so as to eliminate someones quality of education from the final picture. And thats the key word really I think - "Picture". Surely there is some way of translating the problem solving process of math to a more generic medium or language like pictures or word sentences?

Let's look at the first question. Sally likes 225. How do you get 225? Multiply 15 by itself.
She likes 900. How do you get that? Multiply 30 times itself. She likes 144. Multiply 12 *
12. Does she like 1600 or 1700? You can't multiply any whole number by iteslf to get 1700,
but 40 * 40 does equal 1600. Bingo. Sally likes guys like me. (squares! :lol:) - She is also incredibly cute.

It's an IQ test *gags*

26... pretty sure I've taken this one before. I got bored of it toward the end hah. None of them are too difficult but 19 did trip me up. Just wasn't coming to me.

I already take test when it counts for something. No thank you.

Shouldn't all tests be fun?

1229357142418.jpg

Why can't brain teaser tests be free of math questions? And why is it that most of the questions have to be math questions? I hate math. If not for my horrible math skills I'm fairly sure I could be a genius. Not to mention all the other problems were so much more fun and the math ones just made me sad.

Stupid math :m080:

Apparently, I am the only one that thought this was a fun test?

it was fun minus the math parts. The math parts must be slain!

Apparently, I am the only one that thought this was a fun test?

Sorry. I'm sure someone else will, but it seems more like an actual testing tool then the fun test we're accustomed to. :hug:

I thought it was fun, in a curing boredom masochistically sort of way.

I hate math, but honestly the questions are a fair balance of logic and linguistic skills testing. Needs moar visual/spatial questions though... but that's my forté :wink:

I got 19, hate the maths but like the word ones.

:( .. me gots only 16 (maybe cause I'm half asleep already..all this math will make me have nightmares :m041:)

Why can't brain teaser tests be free of math questions? And why is it that most of the questions have to be math questions? I hate math.

agree!!

20/30

Hate the english words lol. and made some stupid misstakes :(

Can you count the triangles? I don't know the correct answer yet, until probably Monday but I came up with 41. Anyone else? - These spatial ones are my worst usually. I actually like the math ones.

Attachments

• triangle test.jpg
    triangle test.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 41
Can you count the triangles? I don't know the correct answer yet, until probably Monday but I came up with 41. Anyone else? - These spatial ones are my worst usually. I actually like the math ones.

My guess is 48.

Attachments

• triangle%20test.jpg
    triangle%20test.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 5