Resident palindrome
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 21, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
A brain-based personality test helps people understand themselves better and why they are attracted to certain other personality types.
Wall Street Journal.

Why do we fall in love with one person and not another?

This question has vexed philosophers, psychologists and poets for generations. The theories—proximity, pheromones, timing—don’t fully explain the mystery. We can be in a room full of attractive, available strangers—and be open to love—and still choose one person over all others.

A decade ago, the biological anthropologist Helen Fisher set out to answer this question of how we choose whom we love. Dr. Fisher is known for her research scanning the brains of people in various stages of love, and she went looking for neurological clues.

She found them—and, in the process, she developed a broad personality test that, unlike many others, is based on brain science rather than psychology. The Fisher Temperament Inventory measures temperament, which comes from our genes, hormones and neurotransmitters. It can help people understand themselves and why they are attracted to certain people, both romantically and as friends or colleagues. (It turns out some personality types are attracted to people who are the opposite of them, while other types are attracted to people who are similar.) And when you know the personality type of loved ones or co-workers, you will understand how they prefer to communicate and will be able to tailor your approach to what works best. The inventory is so comprehensive that now some companies are using a version of it to help understand and motivate their employees.

To develop her test, Dr. Fisher spent two years reviewing medical and academic literature, searching for the personality traits linked to a biological system. She identified four systems, each with its own host of traits: the dopamine, serotonin, testosterone and estrogen systems. Dopamine and serotonin, which are neurotransmitters, govern our “stay or go” scale, which decides how comfortable we are exploring unknown risks or whether we prefer the familiar. Testosterone and estrogen are hormones and determine the extent to which our brains express male or female traits.

We all have all four systems—as do humans, monkeys, lizards and birds. But we each have different levels of activity in each system. Some of us are dominant in one or, more often, two areas. Some are more balanced. It’s more of a spectrum. “This is a new way of understanding personality,” says Dr. Fisher, who is a senior research fellow at the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University, in Bloomington, Ind., and the author of several books, including “The Anatomy of Love.” “You are not putting people in buckets.”

People high on the dopamine scale tend to be adventurous.

The four types are each associated with distinct traits. People high on the dopamine scale tend to be adventurous, curious, spontaneous, enthusiastic and independent. They have high energy, are comfortable taking risks and are mentally flexible and open-minded. Serotonin types are very social, traditional, calm and controlled, conscientious and detail-oriented. They love structure and making plans. Testosterone types are direct and decisive, aggressive, tough-minded, emotionally contained, competitive and logical. They have good spatial skills and are good at rule-based systems, such as math or music. Estrogen types are intuitive, introspective, imaginative, empathetic and trusting. They’re emotionally intelligent.

Once Dr. Fisher identified the four types, she created a 56-question survey to measure how much each person expresses the personality traits involved. She partnered with the dating site Chemistry.com, starting in 2006, to run her survey. (Dr. Fisher is a consultant with Match Group, Chemistry.com’s parent company.) Thus far, more than 14 million people have taken the survey, and Chemistry.com uses it to enhance its algorithm for matching singles. Dr. Fisher analyzed the survey results of more than 100,000 people, in six countries. She found that while men typically register higher on the testosterone scale and women on the estrogen scale, as expected, there are no differences between them on the dopamine and serotonin scales.

She also discovered who is attracted to whom. People high in dopamine activity and people high in serotonin activity gravitate toward people like themselves. People high in testosterone or high in estrogen tend to like their opposites.

To validate that her questionnaire accurately measured brain systems, Dr. Fisher did a series of brain scans on 36 people, after they took her survey; the results were published in “PLOS One” in November 2013. She found that the people who scored high on the dopamine scale showed heightened activity in a pathway of the brain that is dopamine-rich and linked to curiosity, creativity and energy. People who scored high on the serotonin scale showed more activity in a tiny region of the brain linked with social-norm compliance. People who scored high on the testosterone scale showed more activity in the brain regions that govern visual and analytical functions. And people high on the estrogen scale showed more activity in brain regions linked to empathy and imagination.

These days, Dr. Fisher uses her personality inventory to advise marriage therapists, universities and corporations in helping people get along. Companies can purchase a new, second-generation, 50-question version of her questionnaire—focused on workplace behavior and relationships and different from the Chemistry.com survey—through a company she founded with a colleague, called NeuroColor. People who take the test, which costs $300, receive a 22-page profile of their personality, explaining where they are on the scale, how people can best communicate with them based on their personality, and how they can interact effectively with other personality types.

I took the NeuroColor questionnaire and found the results to be spot-on. It showed me to be high in dopamine and estrogen—a risk taker who is empathetic, intuitive and social. The profile aims to help me understand myself, and offers advice on how I can communicate more effectively with other types and how they can best communicate with me, as well as typical reasons why I might become stressed in the workplace and solutions to reduce this stress. (My favorite line from the report, from a section on what others should do when interacting with me: “Hear her out–even if her approach initially seems crazy or unconventional.”)

Dr. Fisher sums up the relationship advice people can take away from her personality inventory in one line, which she says is a tweak on the Golden Rule. Rather than telling people to “do unto others as you would have them do unto you,” she advises: “Do unto others as they would have done unto themselves.”

What’s Your Type?
The Fisher Temperament Index identifies four brain systems linked to personality. Typically, we all express some of each. (This isn’t like other personality tests, where people are put into one box or another.) But many people are dominant in one or two areas: either dopamine or serotonin, and either testosterone or estrogen. Here are the systems:

DOPAMINE—People who are high on the dopamine scale tend to be curious, creative, spontaneous, energetic, restless, enthusiastic, impulsive, and mentally flexible. These are the explorers and the risk takers (personally and in business). They are very good at idea generation. They can’t tolerate people who are boring.

These people are drawn to people like themselves.

SEROTONIN—People who have high serotonin activity are more sociable and eager to belong. They’re quite traditional in their values and less inclined toward exploration. These are the builders and guardians. They’re calm, cautious, controlled, like to make plans, persistent, concrete thinkers, detail-oriented, structured, fact-oriented, loyal. They prefer loyal people over interesting or exciting people.

These people are drawn to people like themselves.

TESTOSTERONE—People expressive of the testosterone system are tough-minded, direct, decisive, skeptical, competitive, emotionally contained, inventive, experimental, exacting, analytical and assertive. They tend to be good at rule-based systems—engineering, computers, mechanics, math, and music. These are the rank-oriented directors.

These people are drawn to people who are the opposite.

ESTROGEN—People who are expressive of the estrogen system tend to be intuitive, introspective, holistic, imaginative, trusting, empathetic, and contextual long-term thinkers. They are sensitive to people’s feelings, and typically have good verbal and social skills. These people are negotiators. They’re big-picture thinkers, tolerate ambiguity well, have mental flexibility and strong executive social skills. They’re highly emotionally intelligent.

These people are drawn to people who are the opposite.

Continued:

Tips

Helen Fisher’s tips on how to communicate with the four personality types on the Fisher Temperament Index:

When interacting with a dopamine type:

Do: be energetic, optimistic and enthusiastic. Be flexible, spontaneous and creative. Explore new information and ideas. Speculate and theorize. Give them variety, possibilities and choices. Be daring.

Don’t: Smother them with details. Go heavy on process. Require rigid schedules or routines. Moralize (avoid “ought” and “should”). Dwell too long on one point. Be repetitive.

When interacting with a serotonin type:

Do: Discuss concrete topics. Be orderly and calm. Make and stick to schedules and plans. Emphasize the “right way” of doing things. Accentuate tradition. Minimize risks and uncertainties. Emphasize details.

Don’t: Present an unsubstantiated point of view. Give unfounded theories or speculations. Use intuitive statements or phrases, such as “I suspect…” Exaggerate. Leave issues unresolved. Be unorganized.

When interacting with a testosterone type:

Do: Be direct and tough-minded. Get to the point. Focus on the goal. Be logical and unemotional. Avoid sustained eye contact. Give the big picture first, then details. Disagree and debate, backed by facts. Engage the person’s sense of fairness. Give orders clearly.

Don’t: Be self-deprecating or minimize your achievements or rank. Apologize unless appropriate. Make moralistic statements (avoid “ought” and “should). Be long-winded, redundant or effusive. Talk about theories without linking them to facts.

When interacting with an estrogen type:

Do: Think contextually and long-term. Balance facts with feelings. Give theories and use ancillary data. Find points of agreement. Appreciate the person’s contributions. Express caring. Reveal your feelings. Sit facing them and use an “anchoring” gaze.

Don’t: Be competitive or confrontational, aggressive or blunt, or impersonal or aloof. Interrupt. Push for a decision before the person has explored all the options. Forget that this type sees meaning in everything.

New Article with a QUIZ:

Excerpt:

The four traits of temperament are Explorers, Builders, Directors, and Negotiators. Note that any of these can pertain to a man or a woman. Each temperament has its own traits and is driven by a particular neurotransmitter or hormone.

Explorers are curious and energetic. They’re driven by dopamine—the pleasure neurotransmitter. It gives us a sense of elation, accomplishment, and reward. Pretty much anything that gives us pleasure from food to alcohol to sex gooses dopamine production. Explorers are thrill seekers who are open-minded, creative, and cerebral. They crave adventure and novelty, and are easily bored. They may be impulsive and lack introspection however, as they are forever outward looking.

Builders are cautious. They’re driven by serotonin which gives us a sense of relaxation, belonging, and comfort. They’re sociable, follow the rules, and are respectful. These folks are meticulous, orderly, methodical, good with numbers, and may be religious. They are creatures of habit and practice self-control. Dr. Fisher calls this type “cautious/social norm compliant.”

Directors are driven by the testosterone system. They are honest, confident, assertive, and analytical. As a result of receiving fetal testosterone, they have a tendency to understand math, music, computers or any “rule-based systems.” They also have higher visual-spatial perception, which may make them good at sports. These are detail-oriented. Directors become experts in a certain field, but may not have too many interests beyond that. They may lack empathy or sensitivity, be less verbally astute, less understanding of others emotions, and give less eye contact. They also may prone to being flooded by their emotions, making them prone to outbursts, particularly of anger.

Negotiators received a hearty helping of prenatal estrogen. Estrogen is closely related to oxytocin, the “calm and cuddle” hormone. This type is trusting, generous, imaginative, social, and open-minded. They’re also very nurturing and empathetic. Negotiators have excellent verbal skills. Dr. Fisher calls them, “prosocial/empathetic.”

Subsets of Personality. “A lot of people are both. But not everybody.”

Testosterone System subsets (Directors): Systems-thinking, and tough-minded and direct. Some who express testosterone for instance are system’s thinkers. They’re engineers, mathematicians, or scientists, but they aren’t so tough-minded. Women who are testosterone driven tend to be this way, according to Dr. Fisher.

Estrogen System subsets (Negotiators): Empathetic and inclusive, and contemplative and contextual. “I have found quite a few men who are empathetic and inclusive, but are not contemplative and contextual. What I mean, I'm estrogen-driven. I ruminate. I think over and over. I’ll think about the context. ‘He meant this because of this.’” Men however who are she tends to find, miss the context and don't often contemplate.

Serotonin System subsets (Builders): Prudent and principled, and concrete and methodical. “These people aren’t incredibly interested in theory. They want the facts. They want the details. They want to go step-by-step. They want to be careful. They are not risk-takers.”

Dopamine System subsets (Explorers): Curious and energetic, and inventive and future-oriented. “I know very many people who are very curious and energetic, but they’re not inventive. They’ll read novel after book, they want to go to the opera or the symphony, and they want to travel all over the world. They read poetry but don’t write it.”

I'm a Negotiator. My secondary was tied between Explorer and Builder.

NEGOTIATORS are philosophers. These women (and men) express traits linked with the estrogen system in the brain. These people see the big picture. They are imaginative and intuitive. They have superb language and people skills. They are also emotionally expressive, as well as agreeable, trusting and compassionate. Negotiators seek someone with whom they can make an intensely intimate, deeply meaningful, inspiring and spiritual connection. But Negotiators, like Directors, prefer to go out with one person at a time and to explore the depths of this potential partnership. They dislike wasting time on irrelevant, trivial or boring socializing. When they find “The One,” Negotiators are superb at generating and maintaining intimacy with this partner. They avoid conflicts with a mate, and make major personal adjustments to strengthen this cherished bond. They give thoughtful gifts, such as a treasured book or photograph. They share their most personal feelings. And they want their partner to share his or her feelings too.

What are you? What do you think of this new testing system?

Thanks for posting the whole article it's behind a pay wall for me. I found the test and took it and got estrogen/oxytocin followed by serotonin. But I actually appreciate people who are blunt and to the point. I will have my family try it too!

That's why I do that: paywalls are articles disappear from the web.

This personality indicator is interesting, but so far it seems too simplistic. I'm trying not to have a knee-jerk reaction about personalities being sculpted by surges of hormones when we're in the womb. (I can't even find where I read that is how it works to quote it right now, but I just got up and coffee hasn't zapped me yet.) I had a similar aversion to MBTI when I first encountered it because I kept getting INFJ when I wanted to be an ISFP because it suited my chosen path better, so I accept that what we want isn't how it is. Haha. Testosterone and Estrogen based personalities also reinforce traditional gender roles and that causes me to be skeptical, too, both due to personal experience and from observing others. I do accept and like the idea that many physical factors –hormones during development, brain development and dominant functions, etc – go into building our personalities and it makes sense that chemicals could play a part.

While the test seems to indicate the chemicals present during development are what shapes us, it does cause me to wonder how personalities change with chemical/hormonal fluctuations during life. (–More than we are already aware of, I mean.)

Last edited:
Negotiator primary and Builder secondary. Seems topically accurate. I've been thinking about the hormonal implications especially since my primary hormone would have been estrogen during development.

Doesn't it say somewhere "surge" of hormone during development? That doesn't mean "primary hormone", it just means a surge of said hormone. I'm not sure if I included that in the thread or read it on one of the pages I didn't copy/paste.

Your Primary personality type is Director.

DIRECTORS
shoot for the stars. These men (and women) express traits linked with the testosterone system in the brain. They tend to excel at analytical and strategic thinking. They are also direct, decisive, exacting and tough minded. Directors are good at what scientists call “rule-based systems,” aptitudes such as higher math, mechanics, computers, engineering and/or music. And they are often competitive, as well as skeptical and emotionally contained. Directors approach dating and relationships the same way they approach their other interests, by rationally analyzing their hopes, needs and intentions. Foremost they seek a partner who shares their goals, as well as someone who is eager to exchange ideas, build theories and talk about science, philosophy, history or whatever interests them. To balance out their forthright style and tendency to make decisions quickly, Directors tend to gravitate to partners who weigh alternatives, listen actively, handle conflicts deftly and have other well-honed social skills. Because they analyze their own emotions, as well as hide them, Directors tend to seek mates who are emotionally expressive. Because they have difficulty dealing with “controlling” people, they tend to be attracted to those who are flexible, even indecisive. Thus they often gravitate to Negotiators who have the empathy and emotional complexity to handle their forceful personalities.

Among Directors, opposites attract, like Negotiators.

Here are some famous Directors:

director-m.jpg

Steve Jobs
"the Svengali of the digital revolution" “Brash,” “mercurial,” “notoriously prickly,” “fiercely demanding,” “brutally honest.”

director-f.jpg

Hillary Clinton
Direct, Decisive, Tough-minded.
Considered joining US Marines in 1975
First woman partner at her law firm
First female senator, New York

Doesn't it say somewhere "surge" of hormone during development? That doesn't mean "primary hormone", it just means a surge of said hormone. I'm not sure if I included that in the thread or read it on one of the pages I didn't copy/paste.

You're correct. It was somewhere - I might have read it on the linked sites.

Good test. A Free-born Philosopher, a Web viewer, Big picture thinker. I like it; Sounds like me ;)

Your score on the Explorer scale is 32 out of a possible 42, or 76%.
Your score on the Builder scale is 27 out of a possible 42, or 64%.
Your score on the Director scale is 25 out of a possible 42, or 60%.
Your score on the Negotiator scale is 35 out of a possible 42, or 83%.

Your Primary personality Type is Negotiator.
NEGOTIATORS are philosophers. These women (and men) express traits linked with the estrogen system in the brain. These people see the big picture. They are imaginative and intuitive. They have superb language and people skills. They are also emotionally expressive, as well as agreeable, trusting and compassionate. Negotiators seek someone with whom they can make an intensely intimate, deeply meaningful, inspiring and spiritual connection. But Negotiators, like Directors, prefer to go out with one person at a time and to explore the depths of this potential partnership. They dislike wasting time on irrelevant, trivial or boring socializing. When they find “The One,” Negotiators are superb at generating and maintaining intimacy with this partner. They avoid conflicts with a mate, and make major personal adjustments to strengthen this cherished bond. They give thoughtful gifts, such as a treasured book or photograph. They share their most personal feelings. And they want their partner to share his or her feelings too.

Negotiators are often attracted to their opposite, Directors.

Your Secondary personality type is Explorer.
EXPLORERS are born free. They express more of the traits linked with the dopamine system in the brain. These men and women love novelty; they are willing to take risks to experience adventures of the mind and/or body. They are optimistic, energetic, spontaneous, mentally flexible, often generous and highly curious and creative. And they often seek a partner who will go adventuring with them: another Explorer. Because they are friendly and enthusiastic, have little interest in rules or schedules, and have no desire to control others they can make a date feel comfortable quickly. Explorers are also good at listening and talking. They are inquisitive, so they are likely to ask you about yourself in order to engage you and satisfy their curiosity. But they tend to play the field and seek as much freedom and variety as possible—until they are ready to settle down.

Among Explorers, similarity attracts, so another Explorer is a good match.

do you think that is accurate?
I do think it's acurate @Asa .

The reasoning being is with the Negotiator being primary, I like to believe that though I'm imaginative and intuitive, I have that motherly instinct. By this, I mean I'm always checking the emotional temperature with others. It's difficult to explain really. The emotional wellness of others has always been a concern of mine whether family, friend, or coworker. I've been learning much about myself this past year and how my own emotional well being affects those I'm around and their sense of well being or not. I've been playing with checking my own emotional current and when I find I'm cranky, it doesn't take long to make others around me cranky also, but when I notice I'm upbeat and happy this is true also, those around me begin to act happier. I wonder if this is why I act like a clown at times so to lift others up and be happy and laugh? The past year I've been studying a system of having an emotionaly led way of being. An Emotional Ego truthfully and I think there is some truth to it... Estrogen is a primarily female hormone, and emotions are also considered primarily female, whereas logic tends to be believed male.

So I can find the test result believable because I do look for that deep spiritual connection with another in relationship, not just in romantic partnerships, but friends, family, and coworkers as well.

The secondary result of Explorer is spot on too. When I get involved I look at it as a grand adventure. Again, this is applicable in any type of relationship. I adore learning about people, who they are, what their interests are, that sort of thing...until they become too peopley and I have to check out and regroup;). To my detriment that spidey sense kicks in and I can often see patterns of behaviors in the fella that go against what I believe and I end the relationship. Sometimes before it gets started. I'm certian I've sent quite suitable mates packing for my falling for their potential rather than who they are in the moment. This causes me pain to do and I get through it by reminding myself that though I see their potential, even encouraged them to persue it, perhaps that they wouldn't reach that potential with me. I find that to love absolutely is to let a fella go in love so that they might find a more suitable partner that can meet their needs.

It's difficult to find another who will give me space to recharge, without losing trust and falling into suspicion and assumption, while encouraging and supporting me to reach my goals. These are some things of which I've offered and unreciprocated it leads far too often to a onesided, perhaps even toxic relationship because they have not developed in a healthy sense of love, nor understanding my own beliefs of what love is. No sense wasting anyones time with that.

One thing I see far too much of are these business arrangements that folks call love relationships. I wouldn't fit well in one of those type relationships. I need that adventuous spirit in a mate. :)
But they tend to play the field and seek as much freedom and variety as possible—until they are ready to settle down.
I've been ready to settle in for the long haul for years, not keen on settling down. Relationships should be uplifting as often as possible.
They avoid conflicts with a mate, and make major personal adjustments to strengthen this cherished bond.
Again, this often ends up onesided with the fella benefiting rather than equal repriosity.:(

I accept that I am Paradoxical but, I'm loyal to a fault until that loyalty is put to assumptions. Thus, I enter into agreements in love because I'm no good at meeting others' expectations. ;)

giphy.gif

And, Philosopher...well shoot, I'm an INFJ and that's a given, lol :p

@Pin - Not surprising. Did you get builder as a secondary?
Probably, I'll take the test again in a few hours and find out. For now, I'm really sleepy.

Trying to lock this place down really tired me out.

Thank you for sharing Asa! I quite enjoyed this. These are my results:

Your score on the Explorer scale is 22 out of a possible 42, or 52%.
Your score on the Builder scale is 37 out of a possible 42, or 88%.
Your score on the Director scale is 25 out of a possible 42, or 60%.
Your score on the Negotiator scale is 40 out of a possible 42, or 95%.

1.) NEGOTIATORS are philosophers. These women (and men) express traits linked with the estrogen system in the brain. These people see the big picture. They are imaginative and intuitive. They have superb language and people skills. They are also emotionally expressive, as well as agreeable, trusting and compassionate. Negotiators seek someone with whom they can make an intensely intimate, deeply meaningful, inspiring and spiritual connection. But Negotiators, like Directors, prefer to go out with one person at a time and to explore the depths of this potential partnership. They dislike wasting time on irrelevant, trivial or boring socializing. When they find “The One,” Negotiators are superb at generating and maintaining intimacy with this partner. They avoid conflicts with a mate, and make major personal adjustments to strengthen this cherished bond. They give thoughtful gifts, such as a treasured book or photograph. They share their most personal feelings. And they want their partner to share his or her feelings too.

2.) BUILDERS are pillars of society. Most likely highly expressive of the serotonin system in the brain, they are traditional and conventional, as well as cautious, calm and often social. These men and women like to build networks; community and family are important to them. They make good managers because they are orderly, conscientious, thorough and loyal. And they respect rules and like schedules. Builders seek a stable and predictable team player, someone who shares their fidelity to family and tradition. They take courtship seriously, too. Builders don’t choose a partner impulsively. They believe in good manners, old-fashioned courtesy, punctuality and well-arranged schedules. Builders tend to think concretely; they are literal; they like and trust facts. So on a date, a Builder is likely to engage in tangible conversations - about food, travel, sports, the weather, TV programs and/or movies. They are often good at “small talk,” short conversations on concrete topics. They can be very modest when discussing their achievements. And they tend to take the opinions of their friends and relatives seriously.

I definitely do think these are quite accurate. The Negotiator seems a lot like me in many ways in terms of being extremely nurturing, empathetic, and can be quite of a cuddly type of person, especially with my boyfriend. And I avoid conflict and drama, and try to be harmonious as much as possible.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always been very imaginative and sensitive to my surroundings, especially with people. I think with age, it has gotten a bit worse. While I do value my sensitivity and being an empath, it can be a bit of a curse to feel so deeply.

Well I have a story about this test. It was this specific test along with the dating site Chemistry.com that started my journey to finding out and understanding my INFJ traits.

Six years ago I joined the dating site Chemistry.com and part of this site was Dr. Fisher’s personality test. The test questions were geared more toward how you would respond to your SO (think dating site stuff) rather than the world in general – this was important in picking up my INFJ traits. The test also asked about my index-to-ring finger digit ratio. My ratio is 1:1. My ring finger is very short for a male. After doing some research I discovered that it is in the 90th percentile. Meaning only 10% of males have a shorter ring finger.

So my test results where:

(out of 100% total)
Director 31%
Negotiator 26%
Explorer 24%
Builder 18%

So my primary type is Director and my secondary type is Negotiator. WTF! The test results also stated that “You are a complex person, outwardly assertive, logical, skeptical and focused, yet you can feel and express genuine sympathy for others.” I think “complex” is a polite way of saying “you got issues buddy”.

This is the only test that has ever picked up my INFJ traits. This eventually led me to understanding INFJs and to signing up for this forum.

What do I think of the test for most people? I think it is overly simplistic. Knowing your MBTI type is much more useful. But this could be helpful if you don’t know anything about MBTI.

As far as the digit ratio thing, I used to think it explained a lot but I have recently figured out that my mother was a very unhealthy INFJ. I had to use the basic definitions for E/I, S/N, T/F and J/P along with traits that are specific to INFJs in order to figure this out. Maybe having a short ring finger has something to do with it but I’m not sure anymore.

OK I retook the test and this is my results:

Explorer - 76%
Builder - 52%
Director - 93%
Negotiator - 71%

The results are sort of the same as before with Director high and Explorer and Negotiator close to the same value. I think Chemistry.com asked more questions about how you would respond with your SO and the digit ratio thing was definitely part of the test. I think that is what pushed the negotiator percent up.

@Sandie33 - do you think that is accurate?
@Pin - Not surprising. Did you get builder as a secondary?

Your score on the Explorer scale is 31 out of a possible 42, or 74%.
Your score on the Builder scale is 40 out of a possible 42, or 95%.
Your score on the Director scale is 42 out of a possible 42, or 100%.
Your score on the Negotiator scale is 28 out of a possible 42, or 67%.

Yeah, you were right.

100% director.
95% builder.

Making me a Director/Builder, meaning that I am dominant in testosterone and secondarily dominant in seratonin.

Last edited:
I've got a Negotiator on first place and Builder on second. I think, these both personalities types are good describing me for some way :p

Your score on the Explorer scale is 9 out of a possible 42, or 21%.
Your score on the Builder scale is 32 out of a possible 42, or 76%.
Your score on the Director scale is 8 out of a possible 42, or 19%.
Your score on the Negotiator scale is 42 out of a possible 42, or 100%.

Your score on the Explorer scale is 31 out of a possible 42, or 74%.
Your score on the Builder scale is 40 out of a possible 42, or 95%.
Your score on the Director scale is 42 out of a possible 42, or 100%.
Your score on the Negotiator scale is 28 out of a possible 42, or 67%.

Yeah, you were right.

100% director.
95% builder.

Making me a Director/Builder, meaning that I am dominant in testosterone and secondarily dominant in seratonin.

I thought you would max out the Dictator Director trait. :p :tongueclosed: Hmm... How do you use your builder trait if you don't mind explaining? That is almost maxed out too. Just curious.