Meds | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Meds

Nah Social anxiety disorder, and prolly some other nifty phsyc. illness.

Plus panic disorder and unipolar depression.

Last edited:
Lucifer, you have ADHD? :/

Also It should be mentioned, CoffeeDiva - that Antidepressants are not even addictive haha so you definetly do not have a physical dependence!!However perhaps you need them as a mean of security and safety like a baby needs their fuzzy blanket to feel safe.

They may not be addicted. But my body is definitely dependent on them. I suffer from physical withdrawal when I do not take them. And this is very common with the type of drug I'm taking.

They may not be addicted. But my body is definitely dependent on them. I suffer from physical withdrawal when I do not take them. And this is very common with the type of drug I'm taking.

Yupo I also suffer withdrawal when I go off my meds, it kind of indicates to me that anti depressants can be physically addicting.

Really that is very interesting, both of you :D Im an aspiring future psychiatrist so I'm really interested in knowing what kind you are on ^^

Could it perhaps be SSRI discontinuation syndrome? It is when a dose is lowered or missed and any of the following symptoms appear:
electric chock-like sensations, sweating, nausea, tremor, insomnia, confusion :)

Lucifer: wow I'm sorry, its admirable that you cope with three major individual comorbid disorders nonetheless. Keep fighting =) Although I wonder how it can be possible for an extrovert to have social anxiety (phobia)?

Last edited:
Really that is very interesting, both of you :D Im an aspiring future psychiatrist so I'm really interested in knowing what kind you are on ^^

Could it perhaps be SSRI discontinuation syndrome? It is when a dose is lowered or missed and any of the following symptoms appear:
electric chock-like sensations, sweating, nausea, tremor, insomnia, confusion :)

Lucifer: wow I'm sorry, its admirable that you cope with three major individual comorbid disorders nonetheless. Keep fighting =) Although I wonder how it can be possible for an extrovert to have social anxiety (phobia)?

Well the anti depressants help the depression, and I only get panic attacks every once and awhile.

I don't think I really have panic disorder but my phsyc seem to disagree with me.

What ev

The only problem is the social phobia grrrrrrr.

I confuse the crap out of my phsycs they think it might all be bipolar disorder.

Which doesn't make any sense to me.

At the mo I am more annoyed by a sorry cast of bronchitis

As for me being an extravert, I am scared of people but I get any energy from them

Funny how life works

Well the anti depressants help the depression, and I only get panic attacks every once and awhile.

I don't think I really have panic disorder but my phsyc seem to disagree with me.

Ahh I see, hence if you have recurring panic attacks then apparently it is a panic disorder (I probably do as well)

This may explain why your psychologists are confused and also shows the disadvantage of medication such as antidepressants.

There is research indicating that social anxiety disorder is often correlated with bipolar disorder. Some researchers believe they share an underlying cyclothymic-anxious-sensitive disposition. In addition, studies show that more socially phobic patients treated with anti-depressant medication develop hypomania than non-phobic controls. This can be seen as the medication creating a new problem, and also has this adverse effect in a proportion of those without social phobia.

At the moment I am more annoyed by a sorry cast of bronchitis

Ohh geez that is no fun and is not exactly good on your panic either :p HOpe you get better :D

As for me being an extravert, I am scared of people but I get any energy from them

Life is really interesting and it seems as if there is a mystical undertoe apparent only to some of us though.

Do you think it's strange how so many people depend on that stimulant to get them through the day?
Not really.
Us human beings have time clocks sync'd to the moon and tide. We go beyond what we're naturally intended. It would only make sense to use stimulants daily to keep up with our large daily needs. We have stuff to get done and nature doesn't allow us to go past a certain point- So, what better to do than take a stimulant?

Not really.
Us human beings have time clocks sync'd to the moon and tide. We go beyond what we're naturally intended. It would only make sense to use stimulants daily to keep up with our large daily needs. We have stuff to get done and nature doesn't allow us to go past a certain point- So, what better to do than take a stimulant?

B Vitamins, they do wonders. :thumb:

Could it perhaps be SSRI discontinuation syndrome? It is when a dose is lowered or missed and any of the following symptoms appear: electric chock-like sensations, sweating, nausea, tremor, insomnia, confusion

Mine could be, because I only take an SSRI. However, I wouldn't call it a syndrome, but rather the side effects of the drug. Especially since the drug I take has a very short half-life, so it leaves my body really fast. So day one of missing it, I notice it, and I'm a little dizzy / nauseous by the end. Day two is worse. Day three is absolutely painful, and I've never gone further than that.

We go beyond what we're naturally intended.

Do you think this might have unforeseen consequences (in terms of physical and mental health maybe?)?

I don't drink coffee (too bitter) or coke (too much sugar), I'm often drained by my work routine as I watch my workmates get by on stimulants. It's just interesting, in my ideal world our systems would be based around what is natural to us.