Marijuana | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Marijuana

I don't think Marijuana causes health problems. BUT Still people who smoke have a lousy memory!!

Either way, does anyone know why it is so common?
I dunno, my memory has always been bad. "Busy mind = forgetfulness" is a slogan we use at INTPforum.com.
Granted, while I am currently high my memory is even worse. But there's no long-lasting effects.

That being said, LSD is physiologically safer than cannabis.
Safest drug raaaaaa!

Also caffeine & alcohol are harder drugs than marijuana. I had a friend who was a coke-addict who would compare caffeine to cocaine. Sure, cocaine side effects were worse... but not by much, she said.

again, scientific verification rather than personal scapegoating please...

That being said, LSD is physiologically safer than cannabis.
Safest drug raaaaaa!

I disagree. LSD interfears with dopamine and dopamine receptors. Any kind of medication, drug, ect. that does this, is not safe in a psycological sense. Some people will react fine to it, but others the concequences could be devistating.

Phenylethylamines, and tryptamines are much safer then LSD and its derivitives. However, the term "safe" is very relative.

I have smoked marijuana, good marijuana, for 12 years. (I'm Dutch so no laws were broken) Quitting that is one of the best decisions I ever made, and I regret to say the Universe made that choice for me. It gave me numerous of attacks of Angina Pectoris, it turns out I had an underlying heart condition which makes marijuana dangerous for me. Get a heart attack and die - dangerous. And I had a heart attack, at age 30, within 1 hour of smoking what was to be the last joint of my life.

Thats like saying you had an allergic reaction to strawberries then proceeding to say strawberries are dangerous.

The "harmless" lobby is an artifact of the naive 1960s and 1970s, nowadays there are plenty of case histories of people getting in serious health trouble because of the herb.

Like?

You know its funny the biggest consequence I can think of from doing pot is a life style consequence. But people are so eager to prove pot is dangerous that they ignore the more prevalant life style problems it causes. Like laziness for example.

You know its funny the biggest consequence I can think of from doing pot is a life style consequence. But people are so eager to prove pot is dangerous that they ignore the more prevalant life style problems it causes. Like laziness for example.

I'd say it's more a case of "encourages", rather than "causes".

To say that it causes laziness would be to say that it makes everyone who takes it lazy, but I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can vouch that they are still highly productive individuals despite their marijuana consumption.

everyone on Vancouver Island smokes weed... well not 'everyone', but as I chose not to, I generally feel like I'm in the minority around here... instead I do the strangest thing most people have seen around here... I smoke cigars. Yes I know, very bad indeed... but as someone said b4 on this thread, it helps numb my pain, so I do it even tho it's bad for me. I'd rather implode from cigar danger than implode from my own powerful emotions.

I know many people, most of them smoke weed. We have increadible weed around here apparently. I used to smoke it yrs ago but havent gone back... probably due to the fact that I felt out of control when I smoked it, and I wasn't the master of my own mind anymore. I smoked some wicked hash in my day too, the same again that way, so I guess pot just isn't the escape for me.

I do know that there is adverse health effects on weed... I am too lazy right now to find links but I'm sure there are some. Altho, I will never forget in my nursing training, the autopsy done on a dead guy's brain showed this green sludge that was apparently the residue of weed as it is seen as a free radical in the blood stream... the brain, the fat cells and in yr hair cells are just three of the residual places that yr body stores pot, lol.

I wonder where the residual crap from all my cigars will be in my autopsy one day other than my lungs... :m068:

how can you spell chemicals correctly but not smaller words?

ugh, I have EXPLAINED before why I am a terrible speller. The reason I can spell chemicals right (at least IUPAC names and whatnot) is because there is a pattern to each of them, and you are basicly stringing a searies of small suffixes and prefixes together to make a big word.

Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. When smoked, it begins to effect users almost immediately and can last for one to three hours. Users claim that smoking marijuana is not harmful, but scientific evidence proves otherwise.

The truth is even the "safest" drugs can have negative effects on your health and well-being if they are used too often or over too long a period of time. Besides alcohol (which has its own set of health effects), the following are the most commonly abused drugs in the United States, in order of popularity, and how they can effect your health.

Who cares? People are going to smoke regardless. Cigarettes are horrible for you, but people smoke those too. People enjoy doing things that are not good for them.

Last edited:
ugh, I have EXPLAINED before why I am a terrible speller. The reason I can spell chemicals right (at least IUPAC names and whatnot) is because there is a pattern to each of them, and you are basicly stringing a searies of small suffixes and prefixes together to make a big word.

that's what english is. the prefixes and suffixes are latin, french, greek and german.

Thats like saying you had an allergic reaction to strawberries then proceeding to say strawberries are dangerous.

Precisely what I was thinking. What is harmful to someone with an underlying heart condition won't be to someone who doesn't have said condition...

The *only* time I would tell someone to refrain from smoking weed is if they had people in their family with diagnosed schizophrenia. That's not to say that it will trigger it, but it's possible and I'd want to err on the side of caution.

Last edited:
Well, the question is:

what are the benefits?

It helps me relax. It also helps me with my math homework (go figure..).

Some of the best times I've ever had were when I was stoned. I fondly remember myself and my (at the time) best friend smoking a joint at a lake shortly before a church youth group trip. On the walk back to his car I remember how beautiful everything was, and how much sense life really made. We smoked again after we got to the hotel, and that was seriously one of the best nights I can remember. All I did was eat donuts, listen to Depeche Mode's Greatest Hits, and hang out with friends.

Another time at the same lake Jason, Ashley, and myself were just sitting at a bench after smoking some headies. I think all of our minds were blown, as we had all agreed on sitting down for a few minutes so that none of us passed out (it was good shit). After about a minute of silence, we all erupted in laughter. None of us could figure out why we were laughing, but it didn't matter. We were all friends, and I can't think of any closer moment than three friends laughing at nothing at all (except maybe sex; not doing that with another dude involved).

Cannabis is honestly one of the most benign substances I can think of. It's fine if others don't want to partake; I understand that some people don't like to be "out of control" and I don't judge others who don't judge me. To demonize a plant that has been hailed for its medicinal and spiritual qualities for centuries just seem short-sighted and ignorant to me, though.

Precisely what I was thinking. What is harmful to someone with an underlying heart condition won't be to someone who doesn't have said condition...

The *only* time I would tell someone to refrain from smoking weed is if they had people in their family with diagnosed schizophrenia. That's not to say that it will trigger it, but it's possible and I'd want to err on the side of caution.
Studies linking schizophrenia and cannabis use failed to isolate from polydrug usage in the participating individuals.
In other words; useless.

Marijuana does not have harmful physical effects on the body. Tobacco is more dangerous to your system that marijuana, and that's legally sold over the counter. Which is crazy; tobacco should be illegal as well.

What I do agree with is that it should not become a constant means to enjoyment. That can often lead to an emotional dependency (as opposed to a physical one, which is impossible with this particular drug), and that is never a good thing. Also, spend some time completely sober around people who do marijuana on a constant basis, and you can quickly see why it's not something that kids or family should be exposed to.

I have used it, though I've never paid for it personally, and its always in a controlled private environment. But I don't expect a lot of people to be that smart; egotistical as that sounds. I think people who try to argue for its legalisation don't consider just how it would impact on a social and personal level; people getting stoned in public, barely coherent because their mind is fired up with marijuana? You can't honestly tell me that wouldn't be disruptive.

Watching a stoned person is barely a pleasant experience for the people who aren't stoned, and its an irrational state of mind. You might be responsible enough with it, but not everyone is.

Last edited by a moderator:
you mean, like teenagers and early twenties kids who get wasted all the time "to have fun" to the point where their minds have degraded "tht thy typ lk dis"

^The only time I've actually typed like that is when I was too drunk to care. People who can't type when they're stoned are either blind or retarded.

Studies linking schizophrenia and cannabis use failed to isolate from polydrug usage in the participating individuals.
In other words; useless.

Works for me.

Which is crazy; tobacco should be legal as well.

Did you mean tobacco should be illegal as well, or that cannabis should be legal?

Words of Irony said:
I think people who try to argue for its legalisation don't consider just how it would impact on a social and personal level; people getting stoned in public, barely coherent because their mind is fired up with marijuana? You can't honestly tell me that wouldn't be disruptive.

Better than them being drunk in public and puking up all over the place or kicking the crap out of some innocent passer-by.

I think it's something of a moot point anyway, IMO what people do to their own bodies is their own business and governments don't have the right to interfere in that. For a drug like marijuana the issue of what happens when/if people do these things in public is essentially a separate one and shouldn't impact on the issue of its basic legality or illegality.

Last edited:
Did you mean tobacco should be illegal as well, or that cannabis should be legal?
Sorry, typo on my part. I meant that tobacco should be illegal.

Better than them being drunk in public and puking up all over the place or kicking the crap out of some innocent passer-by.
True, but drink is a completely different issue altogether, especially consider those kind of effects only occur when you consume alcohol in excessive doses, something which the person themselves is entirely responsible for.

Anyway, a person who does something like that is likely to get arrested for it anyway, so they've received due punishment for their actions.

words of irony ... you make a great point

I trust myself with marijuana...but I'm not sure about the rest of society.

Who knows... maybe we'd adapt and become more educated and responsible with it?

But maybe it's better to just keep the stuff illegal. Maybe it's more fun that way.

I think a simple fine for smoking in public would be better than getting arrested. Just a ticket. That way the govt makes money, and doesnt have to waste energy on processing us through the court system, jail, etc...