Malcontents | INFJ Forum

Malcontents

VH

Variable Hybrid
Feb 12, 2009
MBTI
NFJedi
We are such a selfish and malcontented people. We throw away things that other people in the world would cry tears of joy to be given, and yet we are never satisfied. Always seeking more. We live better than medieval kings and queens with climate control and no end of entertainment available to us, and yet we are never satisfied. We don't worry if we will eat, but instead bicker over what we will eat. There are people all over this world suffering and we won't even bother to look up from pleasuring ourselves to help them.

Stop for a moment and realize just how blessed your life is.

:pray2:

true!

and the media plays a big part in cultivating that malcontent and incouraging us in satisfying it with what they have to offer you.

there are people living in huge dets because they HAVE to have that audi A4 parked before there door.

my grandparents complained that I saved the money they gave me. It was ment to spend not to join the money-box. I can't understand that

We are such a selfish and malcontented people. We throw away things that other people in the world would cry tears of joy to be given, and yet we are never satisfied. Always seeking more. We live better than medieval kings and queens with climate control and no end of entertainment available to us, and yet we are never satisfied. We don't worry if we will eat, but instead bicker over what we will eat. There are people all over this world suffering and we won't even bother to look up from pleasuring ourselves to help them.

does feeling blessed only come from having something others do not? if everyone in the world had enough food to eat, would that make food any less of a blessing?

does feeling blessed only come from having something others do not? if everyone in the world had enough food to eat, would that make food any less of a blessing?

Yes it seems our percieved status is directly related to how we percieve others status.

I actively try and not think in this way but it is difficult as it seems to be an automatic response.

Many people think they will only be happy once they solve some issue in their life like getting their own home, getting a car or whatever. As soon as they get these things the goal posts move and they suddenly realise they need a stereo for their car or some shiny new wheels and they will finally be happy when they get them. nope. The goal posts will move again

You don't need to wait to be happy. Happiness doesn't require outside influence. It can help but it isn't a pre-requisite.

I don't consider myself lucky to have all the trappings of modern life. I consider myself lucky to have realised that happiness is my birthright. I don't need to wait. I can be happy now.

Material wealth does not equal happiness. Happiness equals happiness

No, it wouldn't. :smile:

For a lot of people it seems to work in the ways of "the more you have, the more you want." When you don't have to worry about getting food or water, your desires can move on to other things.

Shush we are helping the economy!

Actually I have everything I need, I just need the time to enjoy it.

Enough, you fool! Now bring me more entertainment and mead!

But, seriously, yes, I agree with you.

Last edited:

+1

I've been conflicted for a while about this subject. I spend so much time on this website, on the mbti, on the internet in general, wasting my time. People are out there looking for water while I'm trying to figure out what mbti I am. It's kinda sad, I try to keep my focus on things that are important.

If we are so unhappy, then perhaps we have our priorities misplaced.