Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 20 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

ex machina - boring at certain spots but well done
avengers - age of ultron - same ole alien a.i stuff - entertaining
chappie - very cute and slightly overdone story lines - but my niece and nephew loved it
the prince - on netflix - i could have just watched the original Taken - for whatever reason the movie was a remake of taken
november man - love pierce brosnan - he puts the "charm" on anything he does - good storylines
in secret - sexual melodrama - good stuff

Lost in Translation for the third time. Such a beautiful movie, a true love story in a way.

[video=youtube;bS5P_LAqiVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg[/video]

Akira & Ghost in the Shell

Journey to the West - really funny, feel good movie - tackles some serious themes in an lighthearted manner - such as lost love, enlightenment, sacrifice, etc...

I'm watching The Animatrix for the first time. I'm enjoying it so far.

tumblr_lnwvlpplgb1qe8ze9o1_500.gif

Akira & Ghost in the Shell

Love Akira! I haven't seen it since like '06! This should be remedied.

San Andreas. Very cliché Hollywood movie. Meh...

Sedotta e abbandonata (1964)
Seduced and Abandoned

this is about a Sicilian family with some real Maury Povich-type issues. i really enjoyed this film. the comedy is way over the top, and the social commentary is scathing.

Koruto wa Ore no Pasupōto (1967)
A Colt Is My Passport

it's about an assassin for the yakuza. the first 15 or so minutes are really tense and fun after that we meander about for a while. some of the characters are super bland. if you really like the scores from old westerns this one's for you. the end is [strike]pretty[/strike] way cool.

The Maze Runner

I felt very meh about it. The people I watched it with were upset about particular character deaths, but I didn't feel at all connected or informed enough about the characters to care. Perhaps if I had read the book? Anyway, it was decent.

Mad Max...it was fast paced for sure but I thought charleze Theron carried and Max was a afterthought

The Bourne Trilogy (Yes, I watched it back-to-back as one giant film).

tumblr_nbzpsqd5k91s3zxldo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m91594sAQV1rvk0h5o1_500.gif

Reactions: muir
Inherent Vice: was an offbeat and funny take on the film noir genre

Mad max fury road: i heard this film was a load of marxist feminist claptrap but it was far worse than that it was demonic marxist feminist claptrap; what must the rest of the world think when they see that kind of stuff? They must just think the US is possessed by demons

The Innaccessible Pinnacle: gaelic film about the need for imagination in life

Reactions: Kgal
Anchorman 2: A lot of people seemed to be really disappointed in it, but I thought it was just as good as the first. Then again, I wasn't exactly in love with the first so it didn't matter as much. Some scenes went on longer than needed (such as the news team fight) and certain characters felt a bit pointless, but it was a funny and enjoyable watch.

Plan B True: A pointless movie where people skateboard and do tricks, but my god was it a fantastic hangover watch. It just completely turns off your mind, where your entire world is watching skinny white guys jump over stuff, get hurt and curse. Totally distracted me from all feelings of exhaustion and pain.

I thought Mad Max was great. The story was very well told for having minimal dialogue. It was refreshing to watch a movie that didn't treat you like an idiot and explain everything that was going on, as if we are too dumb to figure it out.
Visually it was beautiful, that scene when they use dirt to put out the fire looked so pretty, and they managed to make a deserted wasteland rich and full. I appreciated the fine details they put into building the universe, like the warboys chanting V-8, and using old school pulleys and rocks to move things, even though they have industrial machines. Lots of tiny little details that fleshed out the movie quite nicely. To me, this movie justified the garbage that was Jurassic World, and this along with Inside Out has made for a pretty great summer so far.