Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 22 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Creep.
If people like horror/weird movies, I would recommend it.
Don't look it up, or read anything about it...just go to Netflix and watch it.
Force yourself to get through the first 20 minutes...you'll want to turn it off....don't....keep watching.

Ex Machina

Interesting movie about the relationship between humans and A.I. They can't never be or become human, it's impossible, there's always some fine thin line between them and us. It made me think a lot... Very futuristic, I don't know is it our future someday. Scary to even think abut it. Very tense, haunting and smart. I recommend everyone to see it.

How do you know you have not been talking to an AI here?

How do you know you have not been talking to an AI here?

I don't know... :m083: :m075:

PErOejW.jpg

Last edited:
After nearly 8 months I finally got round to watching American sniper.

Didn't feel like a 2hr movie...which I guess is positive. Disappointed however with Eastwood as a director...seemed to be missing something...not sure what....might come to me later. Didn't realise it was a true film...abrupt ending and sad. Real life footage at the end always makes me choke a little. :sad:

'The Leviathan' directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev (who also made 'The Return' which is a great film)...not to be confised with the other film called 'the leviathan' which i think is about fishing

His style is sparse, haunting and brutal and the leviathan is the implacable and all consuming force of state corruption

Depressing but i'd say true to life

Finally got around to 'The Bling Ring,' which I wanted to watch because of two words: Emma Watson. I heard it wasn't that great, which is why I only recently decided to watch it.

It was a fluffy piece of cotton candy kind of movie, pretty faces with no substance, but I guess it's a glib critique of our society today. Meanwhile, my inferior Se is gorging on all the luxury and designer clothing shown, lol.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;e-QFj59PON4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QFj59PON4[/video]

'Nuff said.

Reactions: Free
Excellent movie with full rich cinematography.

[video=youtube;IwsYyRc9j4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwsYyRc9j4g[/video]

What we do in the Shadows

Ha ha ha ha ha ha :)
Worth the watch....

Reactions: Free
After nearly 8 months I finally got round to watching American sniper.

Didn't feel like a 2hr movie...which I guess is positive. Disappointed however with Eastwood as a director...seemed to be missing something...not sure what....might come to me later. Didn't realise it was a true film...abrupt ending and sad. Real life footage at the end always makes me choke a little. :sad:

wow really?

Few Studio Ghibli movies. They always cheer me up~! :m129: Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa, Kurenai no Buta and Mimi wo Sumaseba.

o2I9wM8l.jpg
T13QHuJl.jpg
UOrzdGul.jpg

may be "wow" is altogether a different plot plane on which many more movies could come and add to this list..

Transformers.. poor sentient beings!

The Maze Runner. It was okay but way too predictable, even the little twist at the end was predictable. I wish they had explained more how the grievers were created.

Confused...to which bit is the "wow" referring to?

Disappointed with Eastwood specifically. I thought it was well done and did not see anything a director could have done better.

Her (2013)

Beautiful spectrum of different emotions in this movie... At the same time it was really sad but joyful. Can a human being have a relationship with a computer? What's a real relationship? What makes it a relationship? Many interesting questions popped up to my mind. People were walking like ghosts, talking with a handsfree with someone who they haven't ever met and who they will never met, someone who will never be there like a real human being. Just bunch of different personalities who are only computers, though very intelligent ones (like one said that she was having thousands of conversations at the same time o.o). Rarely no one talked with anyone else, only with their computers. Sad! Joyful because the main character of the movie was really lonely and he needed some company, so he got it (and lost it). I think it was very sci fi movie, but it made me just more curious about where our technology is going to in the future. :)

[MENTION=11100]flower[/MENTION] - even his computer left him!

The Comedy starring Tim Heidecker

Just watched it for the third time this month - it's so great. The truest film about directionless people that I've ever seen. People that should have moved on with their lives, but never made the effort to actually do it. So out of touch with the real world, that it's almost like interactions with reality, instead of living in it. Such a great film.

[video=youtube;PlpprYvgu0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlpprYvgu0o[/video]

Reactions: flower
The longest ride.
A feel good movie. Where if things were all simple in life you might just get lucky and find happiness. But..only in the movies

Disappointed with Eastwood specifically. I thought it was well done and did not see anything a director could have done better.

Ah I see. I distinctly remember while watching the film that some elements of it came across as quite amateurish. I wondered at the time if it had anything to do with where the film was shot as my mind went into comparison mode and I got thinking about scenes from the Hurt Locker. Anyway, did a bit of quick research now...

Amercian Sniper (Info from wiki) - Filming
Principal photography began on March 31, 2014 in Los Angeles; it was also shot in Morocco_On April 23, the Los Angeles Times reported that ten days of filming set in an Afghan village was set to begin at the Blue Cloud Movie Ranch in the Santa Clarita area. On May 7, shooting of the film was spotted around El Centro; a milk factory was used as the abandoned date factory which insurgents close in on from all directions at the climax of the film.Later on May 14, Cooper was spotted filming some scenes in Culver City, California, and then he followed by shooting scenes again in Los Angeles on May 16.On May 30, Cooper and Miller were spotted during the filming of their characters' wedding scenes; they were filming aboard a yacht in Marina del Rey. On June 3, Cooper was spotted in the uniform of a Navy SEAL marksman aiming during the filming of some scenes at a Los Angeles shooting range.

The Hurt Locker - Filming
The film was shot in Jordan, within miles of the Iraqi border, to achieve Bigelow's goal of authenticity. Iraqi refugees were used for extras and the cast worked in the unmistakable heat of the Middle East. The filmmakers had scouted for locations in Morocco, but director Kathryn Bigelow felt its cities did not resemble Baghdad. In addition, she wanted to get as close to the war zone as possible. Some of the locations were less than three miles from the Iraq border. She had wanted to shoot in Iraq, but the production security team could not guarantee their safety from snipers.

Principal photography began in July 2007 in Jordan and Kuwait. Temperatures averaged 120 °F (49 °C) over the 44 days of shooting.Often four or more camera crews filmed simultaneously, which resulted in nearly 200 hours of footage.The producer Greg Shapiro spoke about security concerns of filming in Jordan, "It was interesting telling people we were going to make the movie in Jordan because the first question everybody asked was about the security situation here."

Her choice to film in the Kingdom met some resistance. In discussion, Bigelow found that her cast and crew shared stereotypes of the region from American culture. “Sadly people in America and Los Angeles have these perceptions,” she said. “But once you get off the plane you realise it's like Manhattan without the trees,” she continued. As Iraq dominates discourse in America and across the world, Bigelow believes filmmakers will continue to explore the conflict, making Jordan the natural place to film.

I think certainly for me the location ie Morocco v Jordon is probably what made the film feel amateurish for me. I'll stop here for now....

Nevertheless a good film.