Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 23 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

The Lazarus Effect
Interesting premise but the religious aspect made it completely unbelievable. Should have stuck with science.

[MENTION=11100]flower[/MENTION] - even his computer left him!

The Comedy starring Tim Heidecker

Just watched it for the third time this month - it's so great. The truest film about directionless people that I've ever seen. People that should have moved on with their lives, but never made the effort to actually do it. So out of touch with the real world, that it's almost like interactions with reality, instead of living in it. Such a great film.

[video=youtube;PlpprYvgu0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlpprYvgu0o[/video]

That looks interesting, might give it a watch.

What's very interesting are the critic reviews. Those that belong to the generation which the movie portrays really seem to hate it. Not just dislike it or find it boring, but have a strong reaction against it. And those of an older generation seem to think it's an overdue examination of those wasteful, layabout kids.

Danny Collins
Given the context its kind of a cool movie. Worth watching and makes you think a little about how things can change so dramatically when something as simple as a letter not making it to its intended destination happens.

Last edited:
Big Game

A delightfully out of the ordinary movie. I cant figure out if it was supposed to be funny or serious.

The age of Addiline.
Not sure if I spelled that right. Im not sure what this story was about. I think the main was supposed to be a love story. It had a bit of mystery and science fiction mixed in all with the intent of adding emotion to the story.
What is interesting is that my eyes got a bit wet when her dog died. That doesn't happen hardly ever.

The Italian Job
I saw it again. Had a clever mix of planning, characters and action. Plus Edward Norton

Moon

Great if you're in the mood for a slow, moody/drama film.

As above so below.

This was on the edge of being a very cool movie. They could have done so much more with it but in the end they lost their imagination. Still for horror movies, this one held my interest for a bit longer than normal.

Jupiter Ascending (2015)

I was excited to watch this movie but after the first 20 minutes I was sure I am not going to like it. It had amazing special effects, great visuals and it could have been so much more better in many ways but eh... It wasn't. I laughed sometimes because how bad it was. <.< Story was good, but script wasn't. It seemed very good in the paper, but only in the paper. I hope this movie will get sequel, because I see some possibilities in it.

Avengers, Ultron.

Good action movie. I found myself completely annoyed at the personality if the vilan though. A computer program should be cold and one dimensional.

Tommorow land

Watching this made me realize and think a couple things.
One, I have lost all my dreams.
Two, this is what movies are supposed to be.
Three, Im a lot like the girl robot in the movie. Little emotion trying to guide people in the proper direction but in the end not able to live their lives for them and detached from them.

You know I think this movie really spoke to some long distant and buried aspect of my mind. When I was much younger I believed the place envisioned in this movie is where we would end up. This is before I had a good understanding of the past and humanity in general. I just dont understand why a world like that isnt possible. Or I mean I do understand but...
Well anyway this movie helped me remember parts of myself that have been lost for a long time.

Last edited:
Tommorow land

Watching this made me realize and think a couple things.
One, I have lost all my dreams.
Two, this is what movies are supposed to be.
Three, Im a lot like the girl robot in the movie. Little emotion trying to guide people in the proper direction but in the end not able to live their lives for them and detached from them.

You know I think this movie really spoke to some long distant and buried aspect of my mind. When I was much younger I believed the place envisioned in this movie is where we would end up. This is before I had a good understanding of the past and humanity in general. I just dont understand why a world like that isnt possible. Or I mean I do understand but...
Well anyway this movie helped me remember parts of myself that have been lost for a long time.

I appreciate your review and commentary EH. I use you as a guide...and I get a clear idea of whether I want to watch or not.

Your comment about having little emotion made me wonder about people lives and living without emotions. ...Then I laughed at myself because suddenly I had an image of you being the Tin Man and me being Skarecrow. You want a heart (emotions) and I'd like more thinking brain and less emotions.

I would gladly share some of mine to you - just to be free of a few. :lol:

I could feel your heart opening up a bit in your description of how the movie impacted you. Beautiful to see...

I appreciate your review and commentary EH. I use you as a guide...and I get a clear idea of whether I want to watch or not.

Your comment about having little emotion made me wonder about people lives and living without emotions. ...Then I laughed at myself because suddenly I had an image of you being the Tin Man and me being Skarecrow. You want a heart (emotions) and I'd like more thinking brain and less emotions.

I would gladly share some of mine to you - just to be free of a few. :lol:

I could feel your heart opening up a bit in your description of how the movie impacted you. Beautiful to see...
Kind of you to say. It was a Walt Disney movie and I did not know that before I saw it. Im always a sucker for Walt Disney movies. I guess I had a happier childhood than I remember sometimes and they remind me of that. Back when I was ignorant of the real world.
You use your head a good bit so I dont think you are giving yourself enough credit for how much "thinking" you do. And I have a heart, its just very dim these days. The movie helped show me its still there dim though it may be. :)

Reactions: Kgal
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

I liked it. ''I am Groot'' :p

Fast and Furious 7

Absolutely fantastic! Definitely the best one in the franchise (seen all except one).

Plenty of action, comedy, glamour, stunning locations, ridiculous stunt scenes and of course fast cars....most poignantly it was impossible to watch this film without savouring all the scenes with Walker (digital and those played by his brothers). Found the final scenes incredibly moving and the solidarity theme continues right though to the end.

Big Paul Walker fan but with his loss I'm not sure I will continue to watch any more....No: 8 is due in a few years.

Lots of funny clips and one liners.....

Letty - "Did you bring the cavalry?"
Hobbs - "WOMAN, I am the cavalry!"

[video=youtube;ynp02ETHH-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynp02ETHH-A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

....and the soundtrack that I can't get out of my head.

[video=youtube;RgKAFK5djSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk[/video]

Z for Zackiria
May not be how you spell it. Good movie, a little slow though. Still trying to put the real meaning of it together.

[video=youtube;qH7v9NOIsVE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7v9NOIsVE[/video]

I saw the Back to the Future trilogy a few days ago. Yes, all three films in one evening. That was seven hours of watching including pauses.

If they do that with the extended version of the Lord of the Rings, I will need to bring a pillow to the cinema.

And today I learnt that "bad guy Biff was based on Donald Trump!!!". http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/23/back-to-the-future-writer-bad-guy-biff-was-based-on-donald-trump