Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 21 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Tomorrowland. It was ''OK'', nothing special really. I loved the futuristic city, though!

Accidental Love
Sneaky liberal movie all about making fun of those who oppose a national healthcare bill. The good news is that it exposes many actor's for what they are so they can be avoided in the future. Ultimately sad and disturbing.

Reactions: Kgal
La délicatesse - Delicacy

Lovely, romantic and a little bit humorous movie with great actors as Audrey Tautou for example.

It was nicely done. :)

The True Cost (2015) document about sweatshops and overall economy how it destroys everything we have slowly. I really recommend to watch it, it opens your eyes and is very touching.

[video=youtube;OaGp5_Sfbss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaGp5_Sfbss[/video]

Korean movie "IL MARE" which means "The Sea" it's a Korean version of the Lake House.. it's very light to watch! :) I always love the idea of that "wrinkle in time".

il-mare.jpg

fasdgdfah.jpg

La délicatesse - Delicacy

Lovely, romantic and a little bit humorous movie with great actors as Audrey Tautou for example.

It was nicely done. :)

I will be watching this next.. it looks great!! :)

Get Hard
Unexpected funny. I actually laughed out loud at one point and I rarely do.

Insurgent. It was okey, not bad or good, just OK. :)

Reactions: Satori
Cinderella! Ahh, I really loved it~!! I felt like a little girl again when watching it, beautiful movie. Maybe cheesy and cliché but lovely anyway.

Prestige by Christopher Nolan (2006)
| 130 min | Drama, Mystery, Thriller

Stars: Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson

if was the only work of Nolan I hadn't watched
a very very nice movie indeed.I was shocked at the end of the movie just like every other movie he's made so far but still, Memento is no.1 for me

In my list of recent movies:

- City of god
- The chorus
- Man on wire
- The world is big and salvation lurks around the corner
- Life is beautiful
- Youth in revolt

And now that I've mentioned these, I really feel like watching a movie =) (*Need some Ice cream though)

poster-city-lights_01.jpg

City Lights by Chaplin
One of my favorites. So funny, so sweet.

Ex Machina

Interesting movie about the relationship between humans and A.I. They can't never be or become human, it's impossible, there's always some fine thin line between them and us. It made me think a lot... Very futuristic, I don't know is it our future someday. Scary to even think abut it. Very tense, haunting and smart. I recommend everyone to see it.

Roman Holiday- Second time to watch this movie and it never fails to make me laugh.. it's just light, funny and romantic..
and I love Audrey Hepburn!! ^_^

Drunk love
Couldnt tell if this was a comedy or tragedy. Peoples lives are really like that are they? Kill me if they are.

The Dark Night Returns Part 1 and Part 2

For any comic geeks on here, you'll know that The Dark Night Returns is seen as one of the defining comics on Batman. It supposedly turned him from campy and ridiculous into a gritty, angry Clint Eastwood type of Batman. I have a lot of problems with the series. It's incredibly misogynistic, homophobic and generally shows batman as little more than a petty thug. It's art style was also really not to my taste.

I've been going through a binge of animated DC movies (they are so much better than the live action right now) and so I decided to see if a fresh take on the comic could shed off some of the problematic areas. And the answer is "kind of". The homophobic and sexist elements are removed with most female characters a bit more than simply window dressing. It doesn't use as many strawman tactics as the books and while Batman is still a bit of a thug, his amoral actions are questioned a bit more. It still depicts him as righteous in brutalizing both criminals and the police, still shows crime in very much black and white terms and still has Superman play the patsy.

I found the ending most troublesome though. It's basically ends with (obvious spoilers) Batman creating his own League of Shadows. And this is portrayed as generally a good thing. Despite how it ended with Ra's Al Ghul, despite how easily it could be turn from non violence to death as a necessity (he's already murdered once in the film), it's suppose to be justified. Of course that's just my interpretation of it, perhaps it was meant to be shown as Batman taking a step down a dark path.

Nerd rant ends.

Absolution
I have never understood the appeal of Segal movies. They all seem to be about him making himself look like a bad ass but he fails so completely. Its as if hes trying to tell himself hes a bad ass because hes making a movie. For this one, the kept him buttoned up in a coat the ENTIRE movie so you cant tell how overweight he is.
Well I warned myself before I rented it.