Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 42 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Didn't pick either of these, but...

Greta - Turned out to be a fairly disturbing horror movie. More chilling and creepy than graphic or shocking, which I appreciated.

Always Be My Maybe - Had a lot of the usual rom com stuff, and I'm generally not a fan of rom coms, but it was way funnier than most. Additionally, Keanu Reeves killed it with a crazy over-the-top self-deprecating cameo.

Stockholm, with Ethan Hawke.

I had zero expectations and it was actually a decent pick. Nothing to write home about, but not bad either.

Overboard ('87)

Somehow I felt very offended and violated during the first half of the movie. I'd like to say it was different times, but it still didn't sit well. The comedic elements barely manage to make up for it.

Overboard ('87)

Somehow I felt very offended and violated during the first half of the movie. I'd like to say it was different times, but it still didn't sit well. The comedic elements barely manage to make up for it.

Yeah, this is one of those movies that keeps getting remade and I don't quite understand why. We had the original, then an offshoot of the original with Madonna, and then the Anna Farris one. I understand its about giving the rich spoiled brat her comeuppance but the subtext is appalling regardless of the social climate.

I have similar feelings about 'While You Were Sleeping.' It's just... squick!

Last edited:
Nice :)

What'd you think of it? Worthy of a sequel?

I liked the Queen, but would like to see her in a human form. Though given her powers she could have easily ended Kaulder's life in a single strike. For example, when when she fought him in the end. She used her powers mixed between astro-projection and superhuman speed she could have ended Kaulder in minutes if not seconds. Or she could have used a poison spell or attack like the one shown in the beginning of the film where one of the knights touched the poisonous thorns that ended him.

There was also a loose end on where he kept the Queen's heart. I mean if he kept it, then that's a major risk for any of the Queen's remaining followers to search for it and resurrect the Queen. Thus wouldn't he be putting more harm for others than not. I suppose he could be saving it in an attempt to find a spell to break the bond and keep the immortality.

Would like to see a sequel, but more so on the history of witches, how they got their power, and how the Queen came to power. Or the possibility of Chloe becoming the next Queen.

I liked the Queen, but would like to see her in a human form. Though given her powers she could have easily ended Kaulder's life in a single strike. For example, when when she fought him in the end. She used her powers mixed between astro-projection and superhuman speed she could have ended Kaulder in minutes if not seconds. Or she could have used a poison spell or attack like the one shown in the beginning of the film where one of the knights touched the poisonous thorns that ended him.

There was also a loose end on where he kept the Queen's heart. I mean if he kept it, then that's a major risk for any of the Queen's remaining followers to search for it and resurrect the Queen. Thus wouldn't he be putting more harm for others than not. I suppose he could be saving it in an attempt to find a spell to break the bond and keep the immortality.

Would like to see a sequel, but more so on the history of witches, how they got their power, and how the Queen came to power. Or the possibility of Chloe becoming the next Queen.
I agree, but in general terms, a realistic presentation of witches and their origin would not be amiss in mainstream media. Might be boring for those who assume it's supernatural.

Not sure if it would work the way you think with the powers, but I guess in the way movies are logical/predictable, she had to have had some limitation to her powers at being so recently resurrected.
Chloe taking rank could work, but well, movie logic... *sigh*

I was asking because there is indeed a sequel planned. Not sure whether they'll go through with it, though, and it might take years longer than advertised, just like other projects before.

We have a better chance of seeing another Riddick sequel first.

Always Be My Maybe - Had a lot of the usual rom com stuff, and I'm generally not a fan of rom coms, but it was way funnier than most. Additionally, Keanu Reeves killed it with a crazy over-the-top self-deprecating cameo.

I watched this the other day, freakin' great haha

Yesterday I watched Captain Marvel and it dawned on me: People online have no idea what the fuck they are talking about

I saw this the other week too, and as much as I enjoy Keanu and Ali Wong, it was a meh for me. I really liked it at the beginning but once Keanu made his appearance, it got a bit weird and sloppy and went for generic rom-com resolution at the end.

I haven't seen a good rom-com in a while. Meg Ryan needs to make a comeback.

I agree, but in general terms, a realistic presentation of witches and their origin would not be amiss in mainstream media. Might be boring for those who assume it's supernatural.

Not sure if it would work the way you think with the powers, but I guess in the way movies are logical/predictable, she had to have had some limitation to her powers at being so recently resurrected.
Chloe taking rank could work, but well, movie logic... *sigh*

I was asking because there is indeed a sequel planned. Not sure whether they'll go through with it, though, and it might take years longer than advertised, just like other projects before.

We have a better chance of seeing another Riddick sequel first.

One other thing is that what happened to all the prisoners and with the sentinel being destroyed.

I read that too, there's apparently a sequel in the works, but given Vin's take on other franchises it most definitely take a while.

I saw this the other week too, and as much as I enjoy Keanu and Ali Wong, it was a meh for me. I really liked it at the beginning but once Keanu made his appearance, it got a bit weird and sloppy and went for generic rom-com resolution at the end.

I haven't seen a good rom-com in a while. Meg Ryan needs to make a comeback.
Word. It did not escape the usual tropes by any means. I think that a really novel approach would be a movie that doesn’t end up with a relationship established but everything is still ok and the main character(s) still end up forward-facing and confident. But that might be a hard sell.

Word. It did not escape the usual tropes by any means. I think that a really novel approach would be a movie that doesn’t end up with a relationship established but everything is still ok and the main character(s) still end up forward-facing and confident. But that might be a hard sell.

I feel like that about a lot of movies and tv shows lately, though. They lack that certain something from the stories of old. (Or maybe I'm looking back fondly on the past because those were the first time I was experiencing those tropes).

The Last Witch Hunter

Saw this when it came out and liked it. Was hoping for a sequel by now, but it didn't seem to do as well in the theatres as expected.

Saw MIB: International this week. I really miss Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. I know it was supposed to be a more modern version but it kinda fell flat. Yes, Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson had chemistry but for a new version of an old franchise, it missed the mark in terms of making you feel excited about the story. Yes, there were some good action sequences, and the car they drove and the weapon FX were pretty cool, but the story still doesn't really add anything significant to the franchise, though it show a more advanced and updated MIB as a more structured and established organization. Have to say though that how they enter and exit places was pretty cool. I'm still confused about the baddies/villains and their connect to MIB past. Loved Emma Thompson though, but I don't think they really gave a meaty role. It was very plastic. Wish she had a bigger role in the film. I think Will should have had a cameo as a head agent, who met with M and took her through the ropes. That would've been a great transition to the new one. 8.5/10