Last film you watched, Part 2 | Page 26 | INFJ Forum

Last film you watched, Part 2

Deadpool. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the humor transitioned well from the comics. In fact I think this is my favorite out of the recent Marvel movies.

Deadpool. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the humor transitioned well from the comics. In fact I think this is my favorite out of the recent Marvel movies.

I will watch it now that a fellow intj has recommended it. Previously it looked ...difficult to suspend belief.

I will watch it now that a fellow intj has recommended it. Previously it looked ...difficult to suspend belief.

Hm, it's not so much difficult to suspend disbelief as impossible. The main character is aware that this is a movie and makes numerous references to it. So much of the humor is about mocking tropes and the industry. It's very absurd and over the top, though also quite clever. I enjoyed it, but it's difficult to recommend. It's very much love or hate. You might find Deadpool irritating and stupid, or you might really enjoy it. It all depends on your perspective.

Hail Caesar.

The Big Short
Everyone needs to watch this.

10 Cloverfield Lane

I was very pleased with it - well done and superb acting. Nice tense atmosphere and claustrophobic set.

It's not an action movie - more like a tense drama/mystery. Well done.

Oh, and Bear McCreary scored it, so that's nice.

Batman vs. Superman (2016) - ****Possible spoilers ahead**** Better to see film first, before reading this review.

Wasn't a fan of the first part of the film, but it picked up later on. Batman's backstory was shown, but his change to Batman was still a little hazy, and how Superman came to be responsible for his hate still doesn't click. Film seems a little confused about what it wanted you to do or think. Slightly cheesy superhero dialogue in some scenes, and predictable plot points, but some of the action wasn't bad. Although I'm sure titling it Batman vs. Superman definitely created more appeal and pull to the film, the film didn't really exploit that very well. The reason why they were at odds at first, was a bit weak. Thought they would have used a more complex connection or reason to fuel this supposed feud between them. Honestly, the film should have been named "Luthor's Revenge" because this film was really more about Lex than anyone else.

Ben Affleck did the best he could. That's all I can say. Would have preferred Christian Bale tbh. Henry and Amy were a great couple. I loved their scenes. Jesse Eisenberg really sold crazy as Lex Luthor, although a tad bit too overdramatic in some scenes. Even in scenes where he's going up against acting heavy weights, everyone kinda sunk in his shadow. And I don't even think that his character went far enough. This film was his initiation as Lex Luthor. The next one, we will likely see a mature, purebred, deranged criminal to the n'degree.

Liked Gal Gadot and how they introduced her. Look forward to the Wonder Woman film. Her character wasn't overly glamorous or just some cute thing thrown in for eye candy. She clearly has her own story. But it's obvious her character was there as a hint to the first Justice League film coming out next year. Although they tried very hard to have her be seen for the most part as a potential love interest to one of main characters. She definitely shows she's not simply arm candy when her powers are unleashed. Not a lightweight superhero.

Overall: 4.25 stars/5

[MENTION=1669]Gist[/MENTION] I think we have very different opinions about the movie, lol.

From all the negative reviews it got, I was expecting it to be bad, but Michael Bay bad or Age of Ultron bad. Where it's ridiculous and stupid with an over blown budget, but still entertaining. Instead I was so bored I just left. It's the first movie in a loooong time that I've walked out on.

I don't even care that Superman and Batman were so out of character from their comic alter-egos. I don't care if Super-Man kills people or Batman starts using guns and acts like a violent psychopath. But did they have to be so dumb? They all their conversations have to so painfully vapid and melodramatic. At the end of their main fight, I just burst out laughing. I found Batman's reaction to be so ridiculous, and then his complete 180 turn on Superman just lacking all consistency of character. He goes from vehement, murderous hatred to becoming his number 1 fan, all from learning Superman has a mom.

It was far too long, way to much foreshadowing was stuffed into it, characters were given very little development, and there was so much flagrant advertising. And all those dream sequences withing dream sequences within dream sequences. It felt like I was watching Inception.

Gal Gadot was pretty cool in it though. So, that's something.

Reactions: Kgal
"Spy Game" (Pitt/Redford) - chosen by the INTJ. It was good.

Before that "Highlander"... there can be only one.

It felt like I was watching Inception.

Hey! I like Inception, damn it!! You'd be surprised how often the theme or symbolism of recursion pops up. When Ariadne pulls the large mirror in front of the other large mirror:

[video=youtube;q3tBBhYJeAw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3tBBhYJeAw[/video]

And in Citizen Kane near the end:

[video=youtube;8fIP7g9en10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fIP7g9en10[/video]

Guess what?
When Kane dies at the beginning of the movie and says, "Rosebud," nobody was around to hear him say it which makes the rest of the film an illusion.

Reactions: Tin Man
What Maisie Knew

A parental custody battle from the view of a child. Very good film. The characters aren't two dimensional but there are a lot of facets to them - as it is with people in real life.

5th Wave (2016)

Oh boy... I usually love post-apocalyptic movies which seem to be the current trend, like The Hunger Games, Maze Runner etc. but this movie was just so bad. Some moments were full of clichés (actually which Hollywood movies aren't though?) that I burst out laughing. I think I've grown up past teenage love drama movies. :p This movie was more comical and boring than anything. I expected some good action, thriller and nice sci-fi moments, but nahh... Boooring.

Reactions: Kgal
Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno

Loved it. Good action scenes, good story. Planning to watch the last one of the trilogy later this week.

Reactions: Artisan
Captain America - Civil War ^^

I really liked this one. And the spiderman in there is much much more interesting than the spiderman's we've seen thus far.

Short animated film. Quite interesting.

[video=youtube;ouyVS6HOFeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo[/video]

The Revenant
I just got to the bear attack. I am incredibly sad. A creature driven by instinct to attack, dead leaving two cubs behind. A man driven by instinct to survive. Nature calling the rules.
Just sad.

The cinematography though is beautiful. They captured nature so well. There is something so completely beautiful about pure nature. Life and death in one bundle.

Last edited:
The Guest

All Good Things. Extremely creepy, but better than the reviews, I though.
[video=youtube;B7_VwoZKPRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7_VwoZKPRM[/video]