Is there someone who has a voice which drives you crazy? :D | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Is there someone who has a voice which drives you crazy? :D

I find the rhythm of Maya Angelou's voice to be extremely soothing.

...yes, I made a profile just to add that.

I can't not stand Shirley Temple as a child singer. Hearing her sing "The Good Ship Lollipop" makes me want to drop kick her...I'm sorry I know that's horrible especially since she was such a good person.

I also do not like women who use baby talk or have a very high voice, meaning unnaturally high. They talk that way because they think it's cute/sexy.

I agree with TLM, Hugo Weaving has a very nice voice and I love his speach paricularly in V for Vendetta. It has such rythmic flow, it's beautiful.

I also like Bill Curtis. He hosts Forensic Files and American Justice. When Paul Winfield was alive I loved listening to him on City Confidential. Both are baratones.

I like a deeper female voice. Kat Von D and Sara Mclachlan are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Accents are sexy for both male and female. I really love Russian though. :)

I also do not like women who use baby talk or have a very high voice, meaning unnaturally high. They talk that way because they think it's cute/sexy.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.....I cannot stand the type of girls/women who talk in that fake euthusiasm syrupy sugary sweet kind of way, like Paris Hilton....UGH. Makes me feel nauseated :yuck:

And Niecy Nash.........ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!! That raspy gratey LOUD voice........:lalala: Horrendous, like nails down a blackboard.

As for soothing pleasant voices.......Anthony Hopkins has such a gorgeous gentle bedroom kind of voice like velvet, just devine!

One of my pastors at my church. He pronounces his b's like a p, and he is quite nasally. I can't stand it. >.<

Ive got a voice inside my head which mumbles a lot, half the time I done know what the fuck his talking about.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.....I cannot stand the type of girls/women who talk in that fake euthusiasm syrupy sugary sweet kind of way, like Paris Hilton....UGH. Makes me feel nauseated :yuck:

This... o.o

There was a girl in my modern history class who always talked like that. It made me want to slap her across the face lol, at least in my in-class daydreams.

My supervisor...she is so LOUD and obnoxious it makes me anxious just thinking about it.

Well, my wife can't stand the voice of Fran Drescher (The Nanny), although I find her voice unique and interesting.

For me, I guess the girls who plays Janice on the TV series Friends.
(“Oh-wa My-ya Gawd! )

I remember about 19 years ago I got this really horrible cold. It went right to my chest. My voice got really deep and throaty, like Sam Elliott, but even deeper.

I had to go to work this way. One of the vendors I called had this girl who answered the phone and went so nuts over my voice, she came to where I worked just to meet “the guy with the voice.”

Imagine her disappointment to find out that I was married, and the voice was temporary.
:(

Well, my wife can't stand the voice of Fran Drescher (The Nanny), although I find her voice unique and interesting.

Me too! :D I thought i was the only one who didn't hate her voice. I liked her on The Nanny, used to be one of my favorite shows. :D

[MENTION=3212]oddgirlout[/MENTION]
I feel the same way about Shirley Temple. "Animal Crackers In My Soup" with the phrase "loop-da-loop" drove me batty. Who puts animal crackers in soup anyways? I feel horrible for thinking that way about her singing too. She was just singing the songs they made her sing, bless her heart.

I reckon I would slap any adult who used baby-talk to speak at me. It can be rather insulting. Besides, that's how the teletubbies talked, and they were dreadful.

Janis Joplin's voice makes me crazy with envy. I would love to have a voice like that :)

I don't like my own voice either. I picked up a city accent in high school and can't lose it. <shudders>

My confession: I can't stand the sound of the female voice (in general). Men are superhuman to put up with that high pitch.

Ive got a voice inside my head which mumbles a lot, half the time I done know what the fuck his talking about.

Bad word: but like your answer other than that. heh
Like or dislike it?

When someone has wronged me more than once on purpose for immature reasons, it becomes a voice I do not like hearing.

Stevie Nicks' voice still makes me feel mellow....

Another one: Edward Norton

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9VIA3wzLs8"]YouTube - The Hour: Edward Norton[/ame]

Nails on the chalkboard
Michael Holding, Retired West Indies Cricketer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ1OcUxalwg"]YouTube - Michael Holding on Shoaib Akhtar's hyperextension[/ame]

Add to that anyone with an upper class Jamaican accent like:
http://www.allmediaservicesltd.com/.../35-tax-hike-could-increase-evasion-issa.html

Hubba Hubba
Campbell Scott:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7AgO8VxEdo"]YouTube - Saint Ralph Campbell Scott Clips[/ame]

Matthew MacFadyen:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5bLf0gq2Q"]YouTube - Matthew Macfadyen reads the poem 'This is just to say' 2/3[/ame]

There was also this guy in my piano class.

Really, I could go on and on with this list.

I like those lady-voices with a stereotypically Jewish accent.

Edit

And chicago accents.

Last edited:
By bff irl is a very loud speaker with some weird nasal twang. It used to drive me crazy, but I've gotten used to it. The loudness is still annoying, though.

A friend of mine says I have a very calm, relaxing voice, but I hate it. When I heard it played back on my local radio station I was like wtf! I sound like that? I'm never talking again, lol.

And speaking of radio stations, I dislike female dj voices, and I'm not a big fan of most female singers. I don't know what it is.