Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Is there someone who has a voice which drives you crazy? :D

In a good way or a bad way

:m155:

I've had a few girls who thought I had a godly voice.

Is there someone who has a voice which drives you crazy? :D

In a good way or a bad way

:m155:

I knew this one guy, who was actually very good looking but who I wasn't really attracted to because of the way he presented himself.
Unless he was speaking.
He had the kind of baritone voice you just wanted to drag into bed.

I have also known people whose voices, and more specifically the way they used them, made me cringe, and who I (sadly, perhaps shallowly) avoided because of this.

Reactions: grt$5vb
I've had a few girls who thought I had a godly voice.

Funny you mention this. When i was younger, people would compliment me on my voice, especially over the phone. I remember this one guy was so hung up on my voice, that we had a "phone" relationship for a few weeks. Never even met the guy. I broke it off eventually because i was getting too attached and we were just not "connecting." :m131:

Last edited:
Reactions: jyrffw54
Res you have a wonderful voice.

There are some voices that bother me, but it usually isn't strictly tonal, usually it is the demeanor of the person attached to it. Although monotone is really hard to get excited about.

Reactions: Gaze
Funny you mention this (lol). When i was younger, people would compliment me on my voice, especially over the phone. I remember this one guy was so hung up on my voice, that we had a "phone" relationship for a few weeks. Never even met the guy. :m131: I broke it off eventually because i was getting too attached and we were just not "connecting." lol

yeah. I tended to attract girls who loved male roles that talk. namely professors.

hot for teacher.

yeah. I tended to attract girls who loved male roles that talk. namely professors.

hot for teacher.

A deep, authoritative voice can be very attractive.

On the other hand, someone's voice which is too high or screeches can be difficult to listen to.

Last edited:
I hate the sound of most teenagers' voices. They always end everything in the rising sound that makes them sound like they are asking a question, amoung other annoying things >.<.

A deep, authoritative voice can be very attractive.

On the other hand, someone's voice which is too high or screeches can be difficult to listen to.

agreed on both counts! my cousin has the most squeaky, high pitched female voice I have ever heard in my life, and it is something of a wonder to listen to her, I keep expecting the windows to shatter or somebody's glasses to crack from the impact. lol

deep soothing voices are quite lovely.. although even they can grate on you after a while, because i tend to assume it reflects a lack of caring (which is unfair i guess). a little variation in one's tone is nice to hear.

I hate the sound of most teenagers' voices. They always end everything in the rising sound that makes them sound like they are asking a question, amoung other annoying things >.<.

:m131:

agreed on both counts! my cousin has the most squeaky, high pitched female voice I have ever heard in my life, and it is something of a wonder to listen to her, I keep expecting the windows to shatter or somebody's glasses to crack from the impact. lol

deep soothing voices are quite lovely.. although even they can grate on you after a while, because i tend to assume it reflects a lack of caring (which is unfair i guess). a little variation in one's tone is nice to hear.

Yeah, we do tend to perceive people differently depending on the tone of their voice - which someone else mentioned. Deep soothing, calming voices are nice to listen to.

I can't remember his name. He's an american comedian who just isn't funny. Other than his face, voice and mannerisms I happily seem to have forgotten him completely.

I can't remember his name. He's an american comedian who just isn't funny. Other than his face, voice and mannerisms I happily seem to have forgotten him completely.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf13MmZIcLs"]YouTube- Henry Rollins featuring The Techno Viking (Steve Porter remix)[/ame]

On that note, a number of you have heard me in Tinychat, how old do I sound? I've been told 15 sometimes.

A good voice can get me enthused almost as much as a good piece of music. Here are a few of my favorites:

Hugo Weaving
[youtube]chqi8m4CEEY[/youtube]

Morgan Freeman
[youtube]KtwXlIwozog[/youtube]

Christopher Hitchens
[youtube]TRhczvtmbWE&feature=related[/youtube]

Cate Blanchett
[youtube]IixNs_qlS6k[/youtube]

James Earl Jones
[youtube]RAJgnUix2kI&feature=channel[/youtube]

Yus, of that Blonde speaker about religion's methods of controlling a people, it makes you sound all the more intelligent and convincing if you have the voice to make you sound intelligent and correct and confident.

On that note, a number of you have heard me in Tinychat, how old do I sound? I've been told 15 sometimes.

I can't remember what your voice sounds like. I didn't walk away with that impression though.

Yus, of that Blonde speaker about religion's methods of controlling a people, it makes you sound all the more intelligent and convincing if you have the voice to make you sound intelligent and correct and confident.

That's true, and a significant factor in his popularity as a debater. I wouldn't use that to demean his intellect, however; his articles and books would have made him famous, regardless.