Is the ENTP-INFJ thing a mirage?! | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Is the ENTP-INFJ thing a mirage?!

And yet you left a mate to find a 'more stimulating environment.'

I say the ENTP thing is a myth. Stay away from them if you are INFJ.

Reactions: sumone
From seeing the responses on here about ENTPs and INFJs, in theory it should work but in reality its a struggle. ENTP's would be better suited with INTP's and INTJ's.

ENTP's love complexity and being spontaneous. ENTP's can be very fast paced people which I think in a relationship with an INFJ could spell disaster. It depends on the ENTP and their mind set. But it can work.

Not every ENTP is the same. So I see it unfair to sterotype, however I consider the description of the ENTP to be the foundation of who we are. What we choose to build on top of the foundation can be completely different to our counterparts. Resulting in a difference on what that person believes in, their interests and how they live day to day.

For an example, I may share the same personality as Shai Gar, but I live a different life to him and our views and interests are probably most likely different.

Last edited:
Based on personal experience, I think INFJs work excellently as close friends. We're similar in some ways while being completely different in others, and it feels very intimate but intriguing. INFJs can feel like home.

I just think things could become negatively complicated in a romantic relationship. It would probably take a lot of effort. Of course, many things worth having take a lot of effort, so it really just depends on the people involved ... same as any couple. But romantically, there are easier combinations.

Based on personal experience, I think INFJs work excellently as close friends. We're similar in some ways while being completely different in others, and it feels very intimate but intriguing. INFJs can feel like home.

I just think things could become negatively complicated in a romantic relationship. It would probably take a lot of effort. Of course, many things worth having take a lot of effort, so it really just depends on the people involved ... same as any couple. But romantically, there are easier combinations.

Great to see you back BlinkandThink!

I totally agree with what you say. Great friends, complicated lovers.

I agree with these sentiments very much.

Great to see you back BlinkandThink!

I completely disagree. I met an ENTP girl when I was in a mental hospital and we hit it off like you wouldn't believe. There was nothing complicating anything, we just connected.

ENTPs and INFJs fit into each other IMHO.

As for ENTPs being to gregarious and spontaneous, I thought ENTPs were the most introverted of the extraverts while INFJs are the most extraverted of the introverts. Seems to fit so far. As for spontaneity, I also remember reading somewhere INFJs were the least J of the Js. So I don't see how they don't fit into each other with that argument. Of course, maybe you know of somethiing that happened IRL that says otherwise, as people are not types, yadda yadda yadda

Attractions and compatibility are not one and the same. I think that is all there is to it. But to each their own.

Attractions and compatibility are not one and the same. I think that is all there is to it. But to each their own.

Well I disagree again. There was a no touching rule there, so we kind of just tested the waters the entire time there and i couldn't find anything I didn't adore about her and her personality. Granted, it was still only a week or so, but it was definitely a step above solely attraction.

well i would say that ENFJ is probably the most introverted of the extraverts, but i think you're right about INFJ being the most extraverted of the introverts. I think any ENT can appear introverted alot just because of the NT temperament.

I think the ENTP/INFJ relationship would be great if both individuals were mature. That tends to not be the case when it comes to most anecdotal revelations given by various (Younger) people on the interwebz.

I think the ENTP/INFJ relationship would be great if both individuals were mature. That tends to not be the case when it comes to most anecdotal revelations given by various (Younger) people on the interwebz.

I think you could say the same thing about any relationship honestly. But yeah, spot on.

Maybe I have just never met a real ENTP? Turtle, if it worked for you with an ENTP that is wonderful and I hope it only gets better.

Personally, I've noticed many of the longer-term married INFJs here married other IN types. I'm happiest with other IN types. But I think anything can work if the two people are right. My only dating experiences with ESs and ENs did not go well.

Last edited:
Oh and I know there are a few other ladies on here who have found greatness in their ISTP relationships ;). M-tewalt and Ria ^^ especially!
I'm still pulling for the ISTPs!
:m015::m015::m015::m015::m015:
MONKEY OVERLOOOOOAD

Ok, I just couldn't resist this topic since I have a good friend who is an ENTP and we've known each other since high school. We never dated but there was always this interesting connection between us; the best way I can describe it is it feels "electric", something very palpable but it never annoyed me or scared me away. I've seen some comments where people have said ENTP's "scare" them? I guess if you don't really know someone well enough, regardless of type, you may feel that way but since my friend and I have known each other for almost 20 years, I've never experienced that. There are a few quirks of his that I find amusing, particularly he may appear "scattered" and his enthusiasm comes across like an exuberant little boy who can't wait to tell "Mommy" what he did at school today but he is genuine and I've never sensed anything dishonest at all. We've all got quirks but his never really bothered me as much as they make me chuckle. And he's a loveable goof which really cracks me up and makes me want to pinch his cheeks.
Right now, I've been married for 15 years to an INFJ and I can honestly say that we're soul mates. Interestingly enough, my husband once told me something very funny about another INFJ friend of ours and that was he could never live with her because she's far too stubborn, prissy and rigid and that they'd probably kill each other, haha. So, I guess there is no guarantee that one type may get along better than the other simply because a personality test says it "should".

Reactions: Blind Bandit
There are a lot of different ENTPs. Spooky magic though it is, I find that ENTPs with different enneagram codes behave very differently. Just think of threes with all their energy to accomplish and work with people versus eights who appoint themselves the high priests of truth and honesty.

All ENTPs are like children (I haven't given up the possibility that I may be one; I'm very childlike) but children are all different.

Maybe I have just never met a real ENTP? Turtle, if it worked for you with an ENTP that is wonderful and I hope it only gets better.

Personally, I've noticed many of the longer-term married INFJs here married other IN types. I'm happiest with other IN types. But I think anything can work if the two people are right. My only dating experiences with ESs and ENs did not go well.

ENTPs can be very gentle, caring, and sensitive to people's needs but are universally fickle. You can tell an ENTP because they tend to weave in information from random contexts when talking, and they're much gentler than ESTPs. Many are very shy and quiet unless you say something that interests them at which point their eyes will light up, and they'll become very talkative.

There are a lot of different ENTPs. Spooky magic though it is, I find that ENTPs with different enneagram codes behave very differently. Just think of threes with all their energy to accomplish and work with people versus eights who appoint themselves the high priests of truth and honesty.

All ENTPs are like children (I haven't given up the possibility that I may be one; I'm very childlike) but children are all different.

Agreed. The childlike playfulness of ENTPs is amazing, but they can also be rather immature. There immaturity really surprises me too because they just seem so intellectually capable, I'm always blindsided by it.

I'm an enneagram 7, so I'm high priestess of cinema and really liking energy drinks. :m168:

And yet you left a mate to find a 'more stimulating environment.'

I say the ENTP thing is a myth. Stay away from them if you are INFJ.

FUCK THAT

My entp buddy saved my life last week

he SAVED me

i was dangling off the edge of a cliff in Big Sur, and he pulled me back to safety

i almost dropped 60 feet.

would have died on those rocks by the ocean

he TOLD me not to go around the corner of the cliff
but i thought i could handle it

he refused to follow me
and sure enough i wound up in a tight spot

he was there to grab my arm as i slipped off the edge

i was lucky to get away with a dislocated shoulder
popped back in within seconds... but that man pulled me to safety

ENTP buddy... he watches out for me
picks up where i leave off, as far as perceiving and sensing

good buddy to have around

could save you

and you can save them too

we need each other

yin yang... ya know?

anyone who refutes this has just refused to confront themselves

if you dont like growth, if you dont like a challenge, if you dont like to get outside your comfort zone and LIVE a little... then you wont like yourself, or an ENTP for that matter

ENTP and INFJ relationships are unique

we keep each other sharp

just listen to each other, stop trying to express your self so much and just LISTEN