[INTP] - INTP/INFJ - The Golden Pair | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

[INTP] INTP/INFJ - The Golden Pair

Actually, I've been working on this MBTI thesis of sorts for a while, and ISTP could be a type an INTP would be confused for. In fact, based on this analysis, ISTP is the closest type to INTP followed by INTJ and ENFP, ESTP and ENTP

The last column in the attached screenshot labeled 'INTP' is the euclidean distance to the corresponding type in a column A based on a few variables from a study. It's form of cluster analysis. The lowest values will represent the nearest neighbors of the INTP

I could see why one might perceive that to be a possible conclusion; however, it would not be 100% accurate

I have come up with so many theories around just this type of analysis. One possible hypothesis of an INTP (or any type) could be a makeup of all types weighted by its similarity to others yet ultimately unique
Yeah I watched a video recently about 'type siblings' by AsuraPsych, and the main thrust of that was that shared dominant functions count for much more than sharing all 4 but in a different order.

So for example, the 'type sibling' of an INTJ (Ni Te Fi Se) might be thought ENTJ (Te Ni Se Fi), but actually they're much closer in functioning to INFJs (Ni Fe Ti Se) because of that shared dominant function.

Same with INTPs and ISTPs, like you say. That dominant Ti counts for a great deal.

That's an interesting perspective that the dominant function is what counts the most. The research I've been working on challenges that and suggests there are other links to determine which types function like each other and further how society functions as a result

Attached is the same analysis for INTJ--it's nearest neighbors are ESTJ-ENTJ (virtual tie) followed by ISTP-INTP (virtual tie)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 3.45.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 3.45.23 PM.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 4
INTJs are linked more with "power and control" while INTPs are linked more with "rebels"

As much as INFJs might hate this, they are lumped in more with the "normies" which is probably why they have such cognitive dissonance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.07.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.07.34 PM.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 6
This is stuff I've sat on for awhile mulling over theories (typical INTP). The determinants used are obviously more correlated with Ti/Te and Fi/Fe. There are five, yes five, and not four clusters of MBTI I have at the end of all of this

I do find the relationship between types here fascinating, and INTP-INTJ one very much so because I can relate to it. Basically, the stepping stone to power and control for the INTP is INTJ and the stepping stone to rebel is INTP for the INTJ

The INTJ is the MBTI of the "power" group that has the strongest (if really at all) secondary link to the "rebel" group

And vice versa for INTP from rebel to power

This is stuff I've sat on for awhile mulling over theories (typical INTP). The determinants used are obviously more correlated with Ti/Te and Fi/Fe. There are five, yes five, and not four clusters of MBTI I have at the end of all of this

I do find the relationship between types here fascinating, and INTP-INTJ one very much so because I can relate to it. Basically, the stepping stone to power and control for the INTP is INTJ and the stepping stone to rebel is INTP for the INTJ

The INTJ is the MBTI of the "power" group that has the strongest (if really at all) secondary link to the "rebel" group

And vice versa for INTP from rebel to power
This is interesting, could you present the whole system now or at some point in the future?

"Normie" is just a label--I think I was calling them "glue" before

Even the ENFP-INTP relationship is unique. Those two are the bridges between "rebels" and "free spirits-hippies"
And would INFJs be the link between 'free spirits/hippies' and 'normies' in your system? That would make sense to me.

This is interesting, could you present the whole system now or at some point in the future?

Hopefully, I'd like to summarize and publish on my own at first. Goal is to have a system and then hypotheses for further research

Again, typical INTP, too many interests and it's focus comes and goes for me

As much as INFJs might hate this, they are lumped in more with the "normies" which is probably why they have such cognitive dissonance
I am so rare and think so different how am I lumped in with the normies?

That kind of stuff

I am so normal, why am I the only normal person, I must be weird