[INTP] - INTP/INFJ - The Golden Pair | INFJ Forum

[INTP] INTP/INFJ - The Golden Pair

noisebloom

theory conspirer
Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2018
MBTI
INTP
Many of you have undoubtedly heard of this typological colloquialism.

Essentially, the gist is that a male INTP + a female INFJ is generally such a "good" pairing that it's enough for a relationship between these two to be put on a pedestal.

Some of the arguments for this pairing include:
  • The auxiliary Fe of an INFJ is both alluring and beneficial for the INTP, given his Inferior Fe
  • Strong Ne finds strong Ni attractive, and vice versa
  • Ti tends to be more compatible with Ti than Te
  • INTPs are often so engrossed in browsing the internet for information that they may die if someone doesn't cook for them
It seems somewhat arbitrary that these two specific types were chosen among every other possible pairing, but it's especially relevant to the people on this forum, and I'm sure many of you have first-hand experiences. Obviously, any pairing can work, but it's still interesting to me to examine the stereotypical and probable connections between various types.

Personally, I've always been extremely attracted to Ne-Fi or Fi-Ne, but I struggle with maintaining relationships with people with strong Fi.

I have been dating an INFJ for a few weeks that some of you have had discourse with, and I can kind of feel why they're considered The Golden Pair. It's been very good, to say the least, and I sense an almost stable compatibility between us that I have not experienced before.

Thoughts on this pairing?

It definitely is. We are both often deeply misunderstood, and communicate on a sort of multi level which others generally can't follow.
We will delve into topics with wild abandon when others are hung up on various things.
There's a sort of carnal strength about the pairing, but it can also be carnally explosive at times if the two veer off the same page.
Generally that doesn't happen though. Especially with older, wiser folks.
Usually the INTP or INFJ will simply hide for a while until they are recharged. So every interaction is supercharged in a way.

Hi I think it,s a interesting topic to talk about i am a INFJ I knew before 2 days but I will learn about the MBIT styles

Reactions: Misty
The broken, impressionable infj and the broken, co dependent intp. Yes, it's common. Most of the time either the infj dumps the intp for the flashy, charming enfp or the intp feels like they need to take care of the infj and make their exit stealthily and slowly.

I think relationships can work different types, but I've only gotten that deep connection with INFJs.
I adore INFJs for so many reasons: intellect, imagination and unconventionality all filtered through Fe. I really think they are my 'type', and my most fulfilling and connected relationships have been with INFJs, and they tend to happen almost instantly. There is something that draws both of us in.

INFJs seem to be really impressionable by unique people, and if they meet one who appreciates their uniqueness and can show them it in words and actions, look out. Factor in two types with endless imagination, and we're off to the moon. And lastly, because these types are so different, they tend to have an appreciate similar interests.

So, yes, INFJ and INTP are easy to attract one another. There are issues that arise from the pairing, so watch out.

From the INTP perspective, and maybe just a male thing too, we'd like the INFJ to just be more direct in what they want. We are not offended easily and you don't have to preface or butter things up. It also would help us accept the requests if you would tell us "why" you want or need something. We can guess, but INTPs are drawn to the "why" of things, so without it, we are left hanging.

For INFJs, the INTP could be a little distant at times or not be very good at picking up social cues. Yes, we suck at that. We can also be blunt which is a big no-no for the INFJ.

INTPs tend to be unconditional lovers, though, which helps in the end towards working on things.

I love INFJs so much. My last few relationships have been with them, and I really don't find any other type compares to them in the long haul. Anyone know any INFJs in Ohio, let me know :wink:

I think relationships can work different types, but I've only gotten that deep connection with INFJs.
I adore INFJs for so many reasons: intellect, imagination and unconventionality all filtered through Fe. I really think they are my 'type', and my most fulfilling and connected relationships have been with INFJs, and they tend to happen almost instantly. There is something that draws both of us in.

INFJs seem to be really impressionable by unique people, and if they meet one who appreciates their uniqueness and can show them it in words and actions, look out. Factor in two types with endless imagination, and we're off to the moon. And lastly, because these types are so different, they tend to have an appreciate similar interests.

So, yes, INFJ and INTP are easy to attract one another. There are issues that arise from the pairing, so watch out.

From the INTP perspective, and maybe just a male thing too, we'd like the INFJ to just be more direct in what they want. We are not offended easily and you don't have to preface or butter things up. It also would help us accept the requests if you would tell us "why" you want or need something. We can guess, but INTPs are drawn to the "why" of things, so without it, we are left hanging.

For INFJs, the INTP could be a little distant at times or not be very good at picking up social cues. Yes, we suck at that. We can also be blunt which is a big no-no for the INFJ.

INTPs tend to be unconditional lovers, though, which helps in the end towards working on things.

I love INFJs so much. My last few relationships have been with them, and I really don't find any other type compares to them in the long haul. Anyone know any INFJs in Ohio, let me know :wink:

Well stated! Glad to have another INTP on the forum...

The broken, impressionable infj and the broken, co dependent intp. Yes, it's common. Most of the time either the infj dumps the intp for the flashy, charming enfp or the intp feels like they need to take care of the infj and make their exit stealthily and slowly.

Dress well, embrace your inner weirdo, grow confident in your spontaneity and you won't have to worry about those flaky ENFPs. :smirk:

And yes, INFJs need care. Enneagram 2s needed for the long haul.

One day, I will be with an INTP man here in Arizona.

One day.

*hopes but is confident and satisfied* :m059::m1::m109:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
INTPs are often so engrossed in browsing the internet for information that they may die if someone doesn't cook for them
Thats interesting, I'm going to research that ON THE INTERNET.

OH SHI- *dies from not eating*

So every interaction is supercharged in a way.
giphy.gif

9DD2C19B-5A84-4ACB-BA17-A9899B1FA46A.jpeg