Internet relationships | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Internet relationships

I wouldn't write it off, but I most definitely would need contact with them outside of the internet and phone calls. I guess what that means is I could meet someone online, become interested, and then meet them in person, but I couldn't call it dating until we've actually met. I could do long distance, but I'd have a very hard time dating online before meeting them.

I wouldn't write it off, but I most definitely would need contact with them outside of the internet and phone calls. I guess what that means is I could meet someone online, become interested, and then meet them in person, but I couldn't call it dating until we've actually met. I could do long distance, but I'd have a very hard time dating online before meeting them.

I concur.

I concur.

Twice, evidently.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf
It sounds like a dream and people either say "Wow! That's amazing, it's like something out of a film!" Or, they just think I'm crazy for jumping on a plane to the other side of the world to meet a guy I met on the internet.

It worked out for me but I went through 3 years of HELL to get to this point, it cost me all my savings on the plane tickets and there was so much stress involved with such a long long distance relationship I really can't explain it. I do think though that most people give up way too easily and don't reach for the stars, don't follow their dream because of the hardship. I am extremely picky with guys, I went years without a boyfriend because the majority just leave me cold, I was looking for a very special, introverted kooky guy and I found him...........he just happened to be thousands of miles away............but he's so worth it, I am so glad I didn't settle for second best.
"You don't spend your life with someone you can live with...You spend your life,with someone you can't live without"

It's tough; To a certain extent, getting to know someone online gives you a bit of an inside tract on REALLY knowing them, I think (this is my no means necessary, but I would posit slightly more likely.) You get to know their mind first. There's still tons of room for pain if the chemistry isn't there physically upon meeting, but it's not like normal dating is painless either.

I dunno; I know a handful of people who met people online, clicked, met, and eventually got married and are still going happily and strongly. For this reason I hold out some hope yet before my own fledgling long-distance courtship. Back in college, it was hard enough to meet someone 'offline' when they lived just across campus, and I'd long since sworn off it; but this girl is so amazing, I just find myself willing to take the risk.

Seems like a waste. People aren't that different the world over and there is probably someone as good or better nearby me. Face to face interaction is very important to me when it comes to any sort of relationship.