Interesting video | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Interesting video

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by Gaze, Dec 15, 2009.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
More threads by Gaze
  1. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4

    And sometimes you simply need someone to post a video on youtube that shows EXACTLY how you feel and what you go through in life, just so you don't feel so alone.

    TRUE practicality would argue that it is more important to put your aggression/selfishness aside and simply help someone so they can move on with their life and be more productive to society.

    I certainly don't take it the wrong way, I have heard it a billion times before, first time on this forum though. :p


     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #41 NeverAmI, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    What you say makes perfect sense to me.
     
  3. VH

    VH Variable Hybrid

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Threads:
    252
    Messages:
    4,830
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    855
    Trophy Points:
    657
    MBTI:
    NFJedi
    Enneagram:
    268 sx/so
    I think the person who made this video is a very introverted INFP.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. smiffy

    smiffy Community Member

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2009
    Threads:
    21
    Messages:
    568
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    XXXX
    ok thanks for the link, think I got the answer to my questions from earlier
     
  5. Questingpoet

    Questingpoet Not Afraid to Use His Beard
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Threads:
    222
    Messages:
    5,732
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    943
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    4w5

    Absolutely! Like NAI said, it is hard to relate to this if you lack Fi. This person has my sympathy, realizing that I know nothing of their situation really. If I got to know them for a while that might change somewhat. But being empathic I would still feel for them and would try to understand why they feel so sorry for themselves. Yes, we have to stand up and take responsibility for ourselves and how we feel. But on the flip side we shouldn't be heartless, unfeeling Vulcans either. Especially if someone is suffering from depression, a simple "Get over it" will not do the trick.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. The Jester

    Oh definitely not, but she's just blaming society.
    I mean, it's easy right?
    You can just blame the rest, after a while you might be even saying to yourself that you don't want to talk to them because you hate them all.

    You can't just blame everyone else for not reaching out, when you haven't reached out to them either.
    Instead of looking at our own errors, we blame society way too quickly for everything that's wrong.

    Injustice? Poverty? Loneliness?

    It's up to us to take action and change these things.
    Don't be a passive element that just rants, take action now.
    Hate the world? Then change it damnit.


    Okay, I might've gone a bit off-topic, but hey. That's why all of you like me.
     
  7. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    I had to watch the video again because some commented that it mainly express self-pity, while I saw it basically as an expression of love.

    Now, I can see what people mean, but I still see the video as a whole as something very positive and beautiful, which probably seems crazy to a lot of people.

    This makes me further wonder how other people perceive me when I express dark feelings, which is natural for me to do as a way to get over them. I can't believe how enlightening it is to hang around at this forum...

    I have never hated people, though.
     
  8. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    There is never one statement in that film that points blame towards anyone. The film simply presents what has shaped her life.


    I think the assumption that this tries put blame on anyone is fallacy. It is simply an expression of how she feels.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4
    Please note that I say this with all due respect.

    What is wrong with someone expressing themself, is it wrong because it is not socially acceptable and does not help anyone else?

    This is a process of self recognization and growth for her. Just because a process works for you, or doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

    In my opinion a little acceptance goes a long way.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #49 NeverAmI, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  10. The Jester

    She says she's become like that because noone talked to her.
    This implies that the fault lies at others, not her. Because they just should've talked to her.
     
  11. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4

    Do you know what context that statement was even made in?

    Literal interpretations without seeking the full meaning of why someone says something contributes to so many misunderstandings. Maybe she meant that no one would talk to her because of her lack of communication skills, which would then be her fault.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. The Jester

    I interpreted it from the context of the video.

    'Noone would talk to me when I was young.
    Noone.
    When I grew older, the noticed the lack of my social skills.
    Guess what they did?
    They avoided me even further.'

    And everyone is assuming it's a woman, but in the video tags it says 'shy guy'.

    It's a man.
    Interesting that everyone thought it was a woman though.
     
  13. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4

    The gender doesn't really matter. I said it cause someone else said it.

    But I doubt I will be able to get my point across, so I digress.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. The Jester

    I don't think you really get mine either, but hey.
    I'll throw in a few monkeys and everything will be fine.

    :m190::m190::m190:
     
  15. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    Haha. Me too. At first I thought it was a guy though.
     
  16. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    Some say you can't blame wolf for being wolf.

    Somehow I get this feeling from the video.
     
  17. NeverAmI

    NeverAmI Satisclassifaction
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2009
    Threads:
    197
    Messages:
    8,792
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    950
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFP
    Enneagram:
    5w4

    I get your point and your words are quite valid, I had to use what you said to pull myself up, and I say it to myself all the time, but not before I went through that process of discovery/analysis.

    :hug:
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. The Jester

    You mean that the author of the video wanted to spread this message, or that it's just the way we should interprete it?
     
  19. The Jester

    You lost me there bro.
    Keep in mind, I'm foreign.
     
  20. mooseman

    mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2009
    Threads:
    18
    Messages:
    880
    Likes Received:
    105
    Trophy Points:
    175
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    No. Not as a message. I just don't feel that the person is trying to put blame on anyone.

    I know that it is easy to argue against. It is just what I think.
     
Loading...

Share This Page