Interesting video | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Interesting video

No. Not as a message. I just don't feel that the person is trying to put blame on anyone.

I know that it is easy to argue against. It is just what I think.

Well, then my arguments are easy to argue against too, because I just said what I interpreted.
I know some of you might think that I'm an insensitive person, and that's okay.
I can't say I've been in the exact position like the maker of the video, but I sure can understand what he has been going through, and have experienced the feeling myself too. (Of being an outcast and all.)

I don't think it's the guy's fault either, because then we can just dismiss it and keep on doing wrong what we are doing wrong. (That is, if the fault lies (partly) at society.)

I believe somewhere it does, but I also believe there are different variables here.
And I wouldn't know where to start looking for them, because there are so many ways a persons life is influenced.

I have mad social skillz.
I'm at least, like, level 40 or something.

I have mad social skillz.
I'm at least, like, level 40 or something.
You probably just botted them.
Or paid a goldfarming company to train them for you.

You've been reported to your government. Good luck getting banned, noob.

My social skills were collected by a South Korean teenager, and I purchased them for $5.

Oh, and my tunic of charisma helps, too.

My social skills were collected by a South Korean teenager, and I purchased them for $5.

Oh, and my tunic of charisma helps, too.

Have you ever tried the Social Boost potion?
If you take one dose, it temporarily boost your lvl with 2 points.
You can pick up supermodels at lvl 42 with only a fail rate of 30%.
And if you wear your socializing amulet, it reduces the failt rate with 20%.
Get out there, tiger.

I don't think it's the guy's fault either, because then we can just dismiss it and keep on doing wrong what we are doing wrong. (That is, if the fault lies (partly) at society.)

I believe somewhere it does, but I also believe there are different variables here.
And I wouldn't know where to start looking for them, because there are so many ways a persons life is influenced.

The world is a mystery for sure. I have no idea where to start either, other than on an individual level as a meet these people in person.
Posted via Mobile Device

The person in the video looked at themselves, then looked at the world. They didn't approve of themselves, and the world sensing this disapproval, didn't approve them back. And on and on. In life, we define who we are--of course, in comparison to others--but we are neither bad nor good because of someone else's determination. For instance, I grew up in an extroverted family, parents, siblings, cousins, etc.. No one truly understood me, but I in my mind was special. Though low self-esteem was a reality for me in childhood, I always knew I should be happy with myself. So, I got to work on the how. I still felt awkward in many situations, but I did what I could do and just focused on whatever dreams I was trying to realize.

When I got older, it was revealed to me by my extroverted sisters, close cousins, and other relatives, that they always admired me. They said I seemed to march to the beat of my own drummer, and that I inspire them to be their best. It felt great hearing this because since forever, I was the odd-one-out. But I didn't allow myself to feel down-and-out. That's the key.

P.S. I'm still learning about and practicing self-love. Recently, and for the 1st time, I began appreciating my introverted qualities via the help of theintrovertzcoach.com and Youtube ;).

Last edited:
Yes, I really can relate some part of my teen age (the early one, because I am still teenager :m131: ). And I think that scared and hurted person needs love. I mean not words which can say all those people who are unsensitive and impulsive. But true deeply and pure love which would show that even the deepest wounds can dissapear without scars. because here is not communicating skills, but feelings are involved, if noone gave an opportunity to a sad, hurted person to understand that he has everything for communicating (what are feelings, which unfortunately now are hurted) he can not find that by itself. it is like he forgets that, what he didn't even really know. So, all who feels that it is too late to learn to communicate, should understand that every person doesn't live in exactly emotional experience levels, every person is like a nucleous which accepting or denying, what actually is a wonderful proof that all "nucleouses" interacting with each other all the time, just the lonely ones hasn't really met those who are accepting and denying, in understandable to both sides, way. It is like they always are growing, but they can not accept that, because they are afraid. There is no need to be afraid :m096:

Hm.

I think both sides have had valid things to say. The portion who say, "s/he needs to man up" is valid, but so is saying "we need to be sympathetic to this person because they teach us a lot about life and ourselves." I'll admit from reading all of this that I'm realizing, my Fi is pretty darn low, and just from reading this thread I realized that I should start empathizing with people differently, too. I never really sunk into the "introverts curse" (which this story seems to indicate); I had periods of loneliness and yeah, my social skills were wacky when I was growing up (being the first African American in my neighborhood didn't do me any favors)...and *yet.* I definitely felt these types of pains, but I ended up reacting differently to the situation than the person in the video did. And that's okay too.

But here's what the video taught me: I have less sympathy for certain people at certain times because I *expect* them to have the strength I had and to call on that strength within when times are tough. But that's an Fe thing, not an Fi thing to do...and now I'm realizing that maybe I should check my Fe at the door and really *look* at the person struggling (instead of judging their actions).

I'm learning to see Fi dominant people in a different way...and it's always a good thing to learn how to communicate differently, so you can see the Other's point of view and help them move forward.

I'm glad the person found out what they needed to do - that they needed to communicate. I wonder what catalyst taught them that this was what they needed...?

Last edited:
To me, the whole video was a story of defeat and alienation. It was lovely and sad, but I didn't get a sense that this was to help others - except maybe to say to the mean ones not to be mean, and to the nice ones not to get offended if they're treated badly by this person. I don't think this video is representing a person who sees that others may be suffering similarly. That's not meant to be judgmental at all - just my own viewpoint of what it seems like the person is expressing through this video.

I think we all do feel like that though. Misunderstood, misinterpreted, disliked, unnoticed, invisible, alienated. Martyrs in our own minds. The video was really touching, and I really feel for this person and empathize - a lot.

Last edited:
Well... if we're going to get strategic about this.... my initial reaction would be "hey dude, formulate an action plan and execute. stop wallowing already, it doesn't do squat". But if I analyze deeper, this problem is not so simple because guess what, we're human. I'd say this person needs empathy and understanding, as most do. Once he gets THAT, then he'll pretty much be emotionally strong enough to action plan his own problems.

A logical approach makes so much sense, but logic needs to incorporate hidden emotional needs. This person needs emotional support first and foremost.

Whether you empathize or not, whatever you think this person is/was entitled to, whatever your opinion is on this person is irrelevant to what has resulted, and what this person's needs now are.