[INFJ] - INFJ’s are cheaters? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] INFJ’s are cheaters?

I don't think cheating has anything to do with type. But then, I don't put a lot of stock in MBTI in the first place.

I consider cheating a betrayal of your commitment to your partner. Not only are you a weak person, completely at the mercy of your emotional and sexual whims, you're also a dishonest toad and you can't be trusted. Back to the swamp with ye.

Nicest thing I've heard all day.
giphy.gif

Nah, the ENTP would be smart enough not to get married in the first place.

I think the best personalities for relationships are ENTJ, INTJ, ESTJ, and ISTJ. Very stable people, haha.

Why do I have a feeling you're subtly insulting me?...

Reactions: Pin
You're going to cheat because in that moment it will feel better than what you had. Maybe you'll cheat, maybe you wont. I tend to believe people's circumstance is a more significant factor than their will power.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if you cheat or you don't, because either you will or you wont, and I have no control over it. Or at least I don't have control over someone I wanted. That is to say that having control over a person is as if they were a lifeless inanimate object. Nobody (mostly no one) wants that.

I'd rather not hear anyone say they don't cheat, because it's just manipulation (usually unwittingly, as it usually is) for you to play by the rules. That isn't to say you shouldn't, I simply don't like manipulation (even if unwitting). And if one's loving words evaporate, I am fine with that until those words pretend to be timeless and unconditional.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellosome and Wyote
Hello everyone sometime ago a guy told me these words “INFJ’s say they can never cheat and will never but in actuality they do cheat.”
I was surprised hearing this because as a INFJ I would say I WOUND NEVER EVER CHEAT on someone but that means I play part of his words lmaoo.

so I asked him why he thought this and he basically said because of are intuition we see far ahead in a relationship sometimes as INFJ’s many think and predict things that are false an example can be that a lot of INFJ’s accuses or think their partner is cheating so they go ahead and cheat as well. When in the end their partner never cheated to begin with.

personally I have been in this position before with friendships where I think someone is being dishonest but I never take revenge instead block them from my life and pretend they are dead to me. You know the typical iconic ghosting of a INFJ.

so what are you’re thoughts about this do you agree with the guy why or why not. Keep in mind this guy he knows a lot about typology sociology and MBTI.

also why do you think a INFJ will cheat like ever? What will cause a INFJ to do that?

I'm not sure about other INFJ's, but me personally, if I have ever ' cheated ' then this has happened simply because it wasn't communicated well enough, that we're dating. If I'm not committed and we don't talk about it, then I assume that it's just a friendly interaction with no strings attached. However, if I date someone seriously, I already act differently from the beginning and allow myself to be emotionally vulnerable way more. There's just levels to this.

If INFJs are supposedly one of the most empathetic/selfless types, it stands to reason that they are less likely to cheat because of the harm it would cause their partner. I don’t think sympathy f***s constitute genuine selflessness, especially when you are in a relationship with someone else.

cheating is not only disgusting, but demonstrates very low self control. I always feel bad for the person that was cheated on. Have the courage and leave someone before cheating. Cheating while in a relationship is pretty damn selfish and cowardly.

suggest the person you are concerned about goes to therapy. Works better, no one gets hurt.

You're going to cheat because in that moment it will feel better than what you had. Maybe you'll cheat, maybe you wont. I tend to believe people's circumstance is a more significant factor than their will power.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if you cheat or you don't, because either you will or you wont, and I have no control over it. Or at least I don't have control over someone I wanted. That is to say that having control over a person is as if they were a lifeless inanimate object. Nobody (mostly no one) wants that.

I'd rather not hear anyone say they don't cheat, because it's just manipulation (usually unwittingly, as it usually is) for you to play by the rules. That isn't to say you shouldn't, I simply don't like manipulation (even if unwitting). And if one's loving words evaporate, I am fine with that until those words pretend to be timeless and unconditional.
I don't understand wtf i'm talking about.

Yes, an entire group of people share this same characteristic BECAUSE of being those people. It's just how those filthy INFJs are.

I'm not stereotyping, it's true. You can tell just by looking at them. They even smell different.

Haven't you heard about Fred? I hear he's an INFJ, too

Yes, an entire group of people share this same characteristic BECAUSE of being those people. It's just how those filthy INFJs are.

I'm not stereotyping, it's true. You can tell just by looking at them. They even smell different.

Haven't you heard about Fred? I hear he's an INFJ, too
What if there is something really deep and dark that you don't know about INFJs?

Reactions: John K and slant
I don't believe in perfect people. I think that anyone who has the opportunity and support to live their life in an ethical way is a lucky person. People do horrible things to each other for physical and material reasons. Many people can't lead good lives all of the time. People cheat because they're incapable of resisting certain desires at particular moments.

Someone could follow the rules 99% of the time but when you catch them in that 1% they're cheating or doing something that we or our society consider morally wrong. People range from amazing to mediocre and a lot of the time it's not their fault. It's their genes and environment.

Human beings are, to varying degrees limited creatures and I'm not surprised by mediocrity, weakness, or failure.