INFJs and drug experimentation? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

INFJs and drug experimentation?

I've basically done every drug you can name except crack.

Couldn't think of a logical or moral reason not to try.

After being mostly drug-free for a few months (since early-morning January 1st), I bought a bag of headies for spring break, and I also picked up some weak hydrocodone.

Smoking weed for the past few days has felt pretty good, but it helped me remember why I only try to smoke infrequently. It can make me somewhat lazy... I've been stalling on homework and an art project that's due tomorrow (or later today I guess). Most of it's done, I'm just taking a short break.

Hydrocodone is what helps me relax. I took some the other day after not having had any in a few weeks, and everything just felt.... not "great," but life didn't seem as insurmountable as it did when I'm sober.

I still have a few doses of 2c-i left over, but I'm saving those for a special occasion.

Last edited:
I've done almost everything short of heroin, crack, or meth. Surpisingly I haven't done mushrooms either...

I honestly can say that I have done them for the expierence and as an alternative to Anti-depressants. I was prescribed 7 different A-D's last year alone, all of which had done nothing but make me sick, constantly sleep, or feel like a zombie.

I still smoke pot from time to time but as a whole have stopped everything else. I even stopped alcohol, feeling that it is way more dangerous than certain other drugs. Ecstasy was amazing, LSD was fucking crazy (but fun).

I can see why people would want to do drugs. It's the same reason people want to drink alcohol. People will always be enamored by the beauty of expierence, and there is no expierence more alarming or strange than that of the drug world.

I've been doing meditation lately, though it hasn't been too long.

Quoting my own post to say that I have now tried mushrooms. They feel very natural and I liked them for the most part... Kind of noticed that I became COMPLETELY extroverted while my extroverted friends just wanted to listen to everything that I was saying. Was real eerie, almost as though I was saying my thoughts out loud, minus the bad thoughts. For those wanting to try it, there's virtually no hangover.

No real reason for you all to know that, just putting a word in.

Last edited:
I had a good friend who started smoking weed and one night, when I was talking to him he started to hear voices. Since then he's lost touch with everyone I know and the last I heard is that he was homeless.

I am curious and an experimenter, but I'm too frightened of going round the bend if I try drugs.

I had a good friend who started smoking weed and one night, when I was talking to him he started to hear voices. Since then he's lost touch with everyone I know and the last I heard is that he was homeless.

I am curious and an experimenter, but I'm too frightened of going round the bend if I try drugs.

Your friend must have had some serious problems before smoking then, I've never heard of anyone going crazy off of pot. Smoking can bring out psychotic episodes, but they usually pass after you either A. Eat something B. Sleep or C. Let the weed wear off.

The only voice I ever heard on weed was my own, a lot, a whole hell of a lot.

Your friend must have had some serious problems before smoking then, I've never heard of anyone going crazy off of pot. Smoking can bring out psychotic episodes, but they usually pass after you either A. Eat something B. Sleep or C. Let the weed wear off.

It effects everyone different. It effects me differently. Mind you, I have very odd neurochemistry (I'm epileptic, among other things).

When I smoke weed, I get extremely on edge over nothing, I twitch and shake, I want to scream, and in general feel beyond overloaded that I want to throw myself off a cliff or beat myself senseless into a wall.

I know a person who had a psychotic breakdown after his first time as well. He even had to go to a psyche-ward and have a 'rest', because it was like an ongoing bad trip. Often I think that psychoactive drugs have a tendency to spark the likelihood of psychotic dissorders, as there has been found to be a gene for it.

Also: In your case Indigo, epilepsy is believed to be the opposite of schizophrenia, so you will probably never have a psychotic breakdown. This is why they had insulin shocks to treat schizophrenics, to make them tremble, as epileptics don't have psychotic episodes.

Last edited:
I've had bad experiences with pot as well. It either has no effect on me whatsoever, or it makes me incredibly paranoid and causes hallucinations. The first time the hallucinations occurred I thought it must have been laced with PCP or something, but it's happened on four separate occasions with different people, each swearing they trusted their source. It didn't have the same effect on them either. They just ended up behaving goofy.

I haven't had the courage to try anything else. I figure if I do any drugs I'm gonna have to prepare for it and do it ritually.

As others have basically said, pretty much any psychedelic can bring out latent schizophrenia or other psychologic disorders. If anyone plans on trying a psychedelic drug, I think they should look into at least their immediate family mental history.

I also have a friend who is probably suffering from some psychological disorder(s) after using a generous amount of anything that will make him hallucinate.

This, however, doesn't mean it will make you go crazy. Sometimes the disorder will come out, sometimes it will stay latent. If I had a family history of mental illness then I probably wouldn't risk it. Mentally stable people tend to stay that way when using drugs (well, maybe not while you're actually on them...).

I'm going to be quitting pot cold turkey again around Tuesday. Good times...

No good. That's obvious schizophrenia right there. ): Marijuana has been known to agitate latent schizophrenia and other psychological disorders and he may have tried a few other things that weren't very nice to his psyche as well.

If there's something that you're that frightened of, I don't suggest you do any drugs. Only touch them if you're completely comfortable. If you're afraid of what may lie inside your mind, I don't suggest you take any psychedelics.

The only time I've ever heard voices was while I was on mushrooms and weed fairly recently but that's pretty common.

I drink every now and then for social reasons, but I don't really find it enjoyable: it makes me feel dumb and I don't like that at all.

I have smoked tobacco a few times but I didn't really like it. Also, I don't want to develope a nicotine addiction since it's expensive.

Weed, well, I've only done it a couple of times but so far it has been the most pleasant drug for me.

Also: I find it funny how people just back off when someone's reasoning is religious. It doesn't make the opinion any less condescending, self-righteus or ignorant.

Last edited:
I have only had alcohol, and I would probably try pot under the right circumstances; however, I am strongly against trying anything else.

From that point on, I give what I call "The Salvia Speach". I tell them EVERYTHING about it and sitting. You have to understand what will happen.

I'm thinking of doing salvia, now that I'm 18. I'd appreciate hearing your "Salvia Speech". =)

I'm thinking of doing salvia, now that I'm 18. I'd appreciate hearing your "Salvia Speech". =)

If you do 60 extract+ have a friend by ready to tie you down with duct tape if you have a bad trip.

There's a reason they call it "The Devil's Lettuce".

That being said, I've only tried 40x, but have seen people get furious tripping on 60x. It's not something I enjoyed very well personally.

Salvia is the one thing I'm pretty dead-set against. I don't think it should be illegal, but I have absolutely no interest in breaking through.

I *have* smoked the leaves, but it didn't do anything other than make me hungry. The leaves are also weak as shit; you need something like 10-20x for it to work properly, unless you feel like chewing a wad of salvia leaves for awhile.

Kk.

DON'T MAKE SALVIA YOUR FIRST PSYCHEDELIC DRUG.
It's extremely intense, more intense than acid, mushrooms, ecstasy, all of 'em. The only drug that I know of that's more intense than salvia is smoked DMT.

Make sure your sitters know to keep you sitting down. Try not to move around at all, though you may not be aware of your surroundings. A breakthrough is horrifying, just to clear that up.
My first salvia divinorum trip report, just to give you an idea:
I'm about to tell you what happened to me yesterday evening. I'll start out with a bit of a preface with a bit of my previous experiences with psychedelics to show you how it compares to other substances. You'll be quite amazed at how powerful this plant truly is. It's extremely intense.

Now, to get on with it, I'm slightly experienced with psychedelics. I started out with Salvia, actually, but I never obtained a "Breakthrough" experience. An experience that catapults you into a different reality, completely forgetting you even smoked said plant. This experience is extremely intense. Of the salvia extracts, I've done 5x twice, 20x three times, and 40x twice. I will also mention that salvia has a reverse tolerance. Meaning, the more you do it, the more it effects you. Aside from salvia, I've dropped LSD-25 once(It was truly amazing. I've been wanting to do it again since but it's extremely difficult to find). Two hits, then two more hits three hours later. I've also done psilocybe mushrooms three times. My first time was a 2.5 gram trip, second 3 grams and third was six grams. The last blog post was actually of my first mushroom trip.

I'll get on with it. I'd never had a breakthrough experience with salvia. Most I've ever felt with it is a feeling of intense body gravity, sweating and mild hallucinations(objects melting, bending, etc). Every time I've had salvia, I had a trip sitter just in case I did have a breakthrough experience. This time, I had two trip sitters.

I packed the entire bowl with pure 20x extract of salvia. I lit my torch lighter and sucked in the hardest hit I could. I held it and felt it coming on and as it was coming on, I felt my body weight increase and sweating and though "Aw, same thing again. Another 40 dollars wasted." and I let go of the smoke. As I was saying to my sitters "Now that's how you hit a bong", I blacked out. I awoke and I was four or five years old, not remembering the substance I had just taken a hit of. As a matter of fact, I WAS four years old again. I was walking down a path with my mother and ran off because something interested me.

This is where the trip turned bad. Because of what I did, reality began to shred in two in an upward pulling motion. Imagine Velcro sitting on a table. Now, imagine pulling the top piece of Velcro off and leaving the bottom stationary. That's how these two separate existences were shredding apart. Not only that but the top existence was ME. An enormous me that I was connected with. Notice your finger print. I thought I was the edge of this fingerprint but kept my physical form while being inertly attached to this being which, again, was also me.

This galactic being(me) was trying to take the me in this physical reality to join it. Pluck me from my physical existence and take me with it into a different unknown existence. I came to the conclusion that my existence in this reality was but the blink of an eye to the "Real" me, which was this immense being. I was convince that the "Real" me created and destroyed my existence if he so willed himself to. Not only this but there were also infinite other "me's" that coexisted in other separate realities.

Not only this but I was running away. I wanted to continue my existence. I was a scared child, trying to run away from the inevitable annihilation of everything I knew. Each step I took also pulled me into another reality. Realities that were exactly the same as this one but felt different. I ran and ran and ran. Then, I blacked out again.

When I came to, I was standing, covered in mud with blood running down my right arm. I was still in this "Oh my God!" phase, attempting to get away from what I was so afraid of. I actually hopped in my car and told the girls to get in. I was going to drive off and escape it.

After regaining my composure, I promptly asked "What in the hell happened?" They said that after my hit, I sat down. Then, I got back up and started to walk. Then, I went into a dead-••••ing-sprint and slipped in mud. I fell directly onto a large rock and some glass and lay there for about three minutes. One of the girls came over to see if I was alright. I started pulling at her shirt and told her we had to go(I don't remember any of this, btw. This is what was happening in the real world. Not my trip world.). After that, I guess I ran back to my car and got on my knees and pulled my hands to my face in a pseudo-fetal position. The other girl asked me what was wrong and I grabbed her hand and looked up with the most terrified, "I'm in trouble. Take me away." look that a child could give.

Now, after I regained my consciousness, I got in my backseat and let one of the girls drive. While in the back, I was still checking myself to see if this was the proper reality where I belonged, if this is where I came from.

Yes, it's that intense.

It may sound fun, kids, but it's not.

It's fucking horrifying. And unless you're experienced with psychedelics(I.E. decent doses of LSD or shrooms, and I'm experienced with pretty high doses of shrooms... Lawl, six grams), then do not touch this stuff. It is not a party drug. It is not fun and it is some of the most powerful stuff you'll ever come across.
Salvia has a reverse tolerance. If it doesn't work its magic on the first toke, keep toking. I recommend using a glass bong and a torch lighter. A torch lighter isn't needed but it's good to have. Salvinorin-A(Salvia's active) vaporizes at a pretty high temperature. So, when you're toking, keep your lighter on it the entire time. Don't let it cherry, just burn it all up with the lighter while you're inhaling. After inhaling, it'll burn. Like a bitch. Keep it in and don't cough. Hold it in for about 30 or 40 seconds and exhale. Immediately after exhalation, you should be flung out of reality.

The comedown blows too. When you're out of it, you'll feel EXTREMELY disconnected from reality. It's a dissociative drug, so the dissociation is normal. You won't want to do anything for the rest of the night, for at least an hour. That's normal. Don't worry if you feel drained. You'll also be very sweaty and your clothes will be VERY uncomfortable when you come out of the trip. For the hour after, you'll think nothing around you is even real.

Cardigan: You're supposed to take the salvia whole leaves under the tongue. Roll it up in a ball and place it under, spitting it out and replacing it with a new ball once all the juices have been pulled out. Don't swallow it, salvinorin-A is not orally active- It's sublingually active. After a decent while, the reverse tolerance will kick in and you should go into a trip so long as you have a quid(Ball of salvia) under your tongue.

Zero: I flip shit on 10x because I've learned how to properly smoke it and I have less of a tolerance.
Most people don't get as much as they could get out of it because they don't know how to properly take it in. Salvia's a bit more touchy than weed. Unfortunately, sub-par trips on salvia can't prepare you for a breakthrough. It's just way more intense. A certain point you hit and your mind just goes fuckin' crazy.

Last edited:
Really great description of a salvia trip. Certainly not a party drug.

I've tried my fair share of psychedelic drugs; shrooms, LSD, LSA, Salvia Divinorum etc...

I've experienced amazing euphoria and horrible reality shattering trips that have lasted an entire weekend. I had reason to try, questions that I needed/wanted answers to and I knew that I could only obtain them if I myself experienced them. Terrifying and amazing at the same time.

For the time being I have had no interest in trying psychedelic drugs again. I found my answers and I feel that jumping back into drugs without a reason would just be irresponsible.

I will however never touch alcohol again. After waking up in a hospital alone and nearly dead I realized just how fragile and beautiful life is.