INFJ Rage | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ Rage

I welcome any input from neutral INFJs. As you can tell, these issues have been bothering me for a long time, otherwise I would not have made such a long post. :p Just what in the hell happened, and can INFJs be excellent compliments to INTJs if they're more stable and mature?
So apparently the idea of this person's 'stable and mature' INFJ is a 'neutral' INFJ? In what terms? How neutral?

I can't say it's bad, but I think one of the virtue of an INFJ is their willingness to put themselves on a cause? Doesn't turning an INFJ 'neutral' almost a bit like...say, changing them into an INTJ?

....I don't, can't, and couldn't say it's bad per se, but.... the way the user described the experience, it seems more like an extraordinary expectations in the first place that multiplied what would be a humane flaw into a monstrous aspects of humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoveAlexa
I dont like rage, mostly because when I rage out things get bad... like really bad. The last time I raged out I was extremely drunk and I smashed, ev-er-y-thing in my house. tv, computer, kitchen table, coffee table, bathroom mirror, etc etc so on and so forth, my rage outs come in the form of black outs, I lose myself and all I want to do is kill, crush and destroy that which is angering me. I have only been in a fight where that happened once, and it was truly horrifying. I think I broke his jaw and a number of his teeth were knocked out. I never felt so horrified and ashamed of myself. I try not to let things get to that point now, I know what can happen so I go really far out of my way to avoid getting into fisticuffs with anyone.

A lot of that stems from anger I swallowed my entire life, and the fact that I am a pretty strong person, big hands, always was kind of muscular and powerful and in that black out, seeing red rage kind of moment, I toss all caution away, I will break my knuckles, wrists, anything of my own to assault and crush the object of my frustrations and angers.

I thought this would be a good one to bring back..

For a Feeler maybe... <jokes> <I mean, really, what is with you Fe types anyway????--does not compute>

My easy answer: People expressing intense emotions don't respond well to people who are really rational. INTJ's get/ can have sensory overload (Se) which shuts down their ability to use Ni and Te effectively which further compounds miscommunication. If the logical mind (Te) is unable to connect you cannot build strategies to empathize and disfuse the situation without being sucked into the drama. If you can tune out the Se or avoid being overwhelmed by it, you can still be rational but not cold and unfeeling which is a comfortable spot for my INTJ self when dealing with an overwraught individual.

Last edited:
I don't have a temper, I seldom get mad, and when I do get mad it is at objects, never people. Anger I likely should feel ends up getting funneled into anxiety. I never have raged before and I doubt I ever will. It's just not something that is part of me.

I don't have a temper, I seldom get mad, and when I do get mad it is at objects, never people. Anger I likely should feel ends up getting funneled into anxiety. I never have raged before and I doubt I ever will. It's just not something that is part of me.
So... what do you call it when you are making faces and shouting at your comp when you're dealing with mediation stuff while in tinychat :p?

So... what do you call it when you are making faces and shouting at your comp when you're dealing with mediation stuff while in tinychat :p?

Burn!