INFJ: Prone to drug usage? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ: Prone to drug usage?

INFJ's being bad sensors, leading to depression, leading to addictions to cover the depressed mood.

Will try to explain this some time.

I've done a little here and there too, and I had a friend who died on my couch due to a blown out liver from hepatitis due to her heroin usage many years ago. She's started abusing over the counter painkillers just before then which made her liver crash even harder and she was puking up bucketfulls of blood all over the house too. It can be some nasty shit.

I don't get into the heavy stuff though. Music is drugs to me. And oranges. I'd rather have oranges than sex! I don't know why but when I eat an orange it's like "Holy fuxcakes this is the best thing in the ENTIRE WORLD" and I actually feel it juicing up my body. I actually have crashes if I don't get enough citrus. -.- Not major but I certainly get more bitchy and depressed.

I'm sorry about your friend.
Hah, that is cool about the oranges. Have you heard of Doctrine of Signatures, just a fun idea, wonder what oranges signify. They make me happy, the scent is amazing. Have you had a bath with fresh orange peels and a liitle bit of epsom salt? It's literally amazing, refreshing, happifying.

I kinda feel the same way about roseapples. I lived in Fiji for a while when I was a kid and its everywhere there. I thought I could live on that. I use to call it ambrosia. It's definitely what they eat in heaven! Unfortunately I haven't had any in a very long time as it doesnt grow here but I'm on a mission to find some now!

I second that epsom salt baths are very nice, even just on the feet. Ointments, salves, scrubs all have such potent effects. Roseapples, my first time hearing about them. They look like a cross between pepper/apple from the pics. I've always been a fan of fruit baskets rather than flower bouquets.

Have you heard of the cannibal attacks from drug users going after bath salts? They'll shoot up with just about anything to put themselves in the grave. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Zombie-like-behavior-psychotic-episode.html

I second that epsom salt baths are very nice, even just on the feet. Ointments, salves, scrubs all have such potent effects. Roseapples, my first time hearing about them. They look like a cross between pepper/apple from the pics. I've always been a fan of fruit baskets rather than flower bouquets.

Have you heard of the cannibal attacks from drug users going after bath salts? They'll shoot up with just about anything to put themselves in the grave. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Zombie-like-behavior-psychotic-episode.html

Those bath salts aren't actual bath salts. Bath salts is a street name for not-innocuous drugs in a form that looks like bath salts, and may be sold under that name as a cover, but chemically they are way, WAY different.

Yeah, they used to have ones here called 'plant feeder' in a similar way.

I'm fascinated by the idea of altered states of consciousness, but a real drug coward!
I like lucid dreaming so I've bought a mind machine to do that, also experiment with binaural beats.
I like a drink and might try some weed, but that's it.
I tried drugs once, a long time ago I smoked a crack pipe with a friend, I was awake for three days and couldn't sleep.
It wasn't a fun experience.
Most people laugh when I say I tried crack!

I'm fascinated by the idea of altered states of consciousness, but a real drug coward!
I like lucid dreaming so I've bought a mind machine to do that, also experiment with binaural beats.
I like a drink and might try some weed, but that's it.
I tried drugs once, a long time ago I smoked a crack pipe with a friend, I was awake for three days and couldn't sleep.
It wasn't a fun experience.
Most people laugh when I say I tried crack!

It is a funny one to begin with just because it is like jumping right in at the deep end and arguably with relatively little consciousness-expanding effects.

All drugs alter consciousness. Some drugs expand consciousness, but only if used in state of mind that desires expansion. Undesired expansion can be as terrifying as undesired altered consciousness, if not moreso, because it is deeply subjective.

Im an INFJ and have smoked the green stuff quite a bit and am very fond of it. I find that it really helps me relax my mind, otherwise my thoughts are going at 4000 mph. Being an artist, I also very much so enjoy the creative boost. It helps me be more open about whats on my mind too, making it significantly easier to make conversation or talk about something that has been bothering me, which I normally bottle up. I have anxiety, somewhere between moderate and severe, and it really really helps with that too.

There, of course, are many people who abuse substances, whether it be one or many different kinds. In my opinion, as long as the person is being responsible, then everything in moderation.

Reactions: muir
I'm interested in using sound and light machines to enter altered states.
I've had some success with binaural beats.
I'm getting a Kasina mind machine later this week. :)
I'll post to let y'all know how I get on with it.

Any type could get into drugs for any reason. There are such varieties of drugs out there that have all kinds of different enjoyable effects that would drive people to do them for a lot of reasons.

I think it's best to avoid generalizations like this. At least, without (non-anecdotal) evidence to support it.

I have had extreme temptations to use drugs before, but convinced myself not to, but I would say that we might be more inclined to use them, to clear our mind of our persistently heavy thoughts.
hry . Hippie here , i have just recently discovered my INFJ personality ,will try and make this short but no guarantee ,
i stumbled upou the myres briggs test took it said to my self is that right , i did more research including taking the test 9 more times differant days differant moods , even differant sites . i guess you are who you are . the more i read the more i thought has someone been following me , dont know how to say it other than it fit like a glove . 5 months ago you would not have caought me commenting on any site much less telling strangers about my self . hell i dont even use my real name on face book or any other sith . lol. i lost my wife of thirty years to cancer a year ago and trying to learn to deal with the terriable deppresion that followed i discoverd that ther were differant personalitys and they could be catorgarized . this intriged me to say the least. i come from a poverty stricken broken home with 4 siblings have had 8 step dads , given away 4 times by my mother and 3 foster familys died twice when i was born was temporayly allergic to water for first 4 months of my life and suffered from covoltions untill 3rd grade ( that was fun) been struck by lightning 2 times and never finish a full a full year in any school i attended on the account of moving around ..damn sounds bad when i read it back .lol .oh and 2 months ago my blue healer i have had for 17 years passed away . just a little insight ( took three attempts to write this) sorry for the gramer mistakes . i really enjoy writing (typing) just not as educated as most INFJ's i have read about. not knowing if any of that has to do with the this post or not . Apologise if i wasted your time by reading , that is if it was read .lol. ok i will stop stalling , i have been smoking cigs since i was 11 and doing drugs since the summer betwee 6th and 7th grade . started with weed ( which by the way i dont think is the gate way drug cigarettes are) i guess that would be 13 cuz i was held back in second grade at a christian school due to my convolutions .i am currently 46 and have done every drug under the sun stuck with weed meth and alcohol, which i still use today . when i read the post above i again asked myself has some one been following me , it just hit home . im not successful but did manage to graduate high school , made a career in the oil and gas industry ( drilling rigs seem to just be right for me) raised a son who i sent to colleage 4 years and now has a family of his own quit drinking for 5 years while my wife battled for her life . but have since went into a tail spin that makes me want cry just thinking about . im also been diagnosed with ADHD which seems to compound my emotional state . been pulling my head from ass lately with my attempt at meditation but calming an overactive and thinking mind seems impossible so back inside i went this time with a goal. to look way back into the back of my mind and find a solution . very painful emotionally but have discovered i drug user to help ease the mind or keep my sanity if that makes since. knowing its not right just wasn't enough to prevent my actions. so i think an INFJ uses for the same reason as every one else ( to escape from reality) . i cant speak for other INFJ'S but i believe i use to escape from ME. i guess tha reply could have just been 3 sentances long but that just didnt seem to work for me .lol